• Qbittorrent
    • bittorent
    • Vuze
    • Deluge
    • Other

Other.

Personal Desktop Usage: BiglyBT

Server/Seedbox: rTorrent/ruTorrent

I don't personally download myself anymore though, I make my seedbox download then download from it. (So I'm not actively using BiglyBT)

I used uTorrent (personal usage) originally I believe but then I think ads came in and I was told of BiglyBT and I made the switch immediately.

I use ruTorrent just because it seems like the goto ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  +1 for the Dark Theme. I'm a dark theme deviant 😛

Edited by RyanEsau

I voted for uTorrent (v3.3.3), but I am thinking of switching to QBittorrent soon.

I am just afraid of moving my 100s of torrents from uT to QBT...

Can someone tell be which is the better in your opinion, general/personal purpose.... and how to switch without loosing any of the stats, tags, etc...

2 hours ago, ani-me said:

I voted for uTorrent (v3.3.3)

Shouldn't really, 2.2.1 is considered the best and latest version anyone should be using because after that, we had a change of ownership, miners running in the background "without user consent" and adverts for days. That said, qbit is good (for sub 1000 torrents). Pro tip, there is either a .bat or .py script on GitHub that will convert the status of uTorrent torrents (progress and location of said torrent) to a qbit status file. Highly recommended if you don't want to waste time letting everything rehash.

^ That answers your second question as well.

8 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Shouldn't really, 2.2.1 is considered the best and latest version anyone should be using because after that, we had a change of ownership, miners running in the background "without user consent" and adverts for days. That said, qbit is good (for sub 1000 torrents). Pro tip, there is either a .bat or .py script on GitHub that will convert the status of uTorrent torrents (progress and location of said torrent) to a qbit status file. Highly recommended if you don't want to waste time letting everything rehash.

^ That answers your second question as well.

Thanks...

I used to use 2.2.1...until I had some issues with windows 10/NIC/rounter combo...and one of the suggestions/resolutions was to upgrade to 3.3+

Now I am stuck with it, and also, I have gotten too used to adding multiple labels per torrent to go back now..

I have modded uTorrent a bit to disable the adds and some other annoying add-ons of 3.3.1...so it's good now...

I found a exe tool migrate from ut to qt...not sure how well it works though...

I am not sure I'll be switching over to qt just yet though... Not really having any issues with ut actually..

On 9/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, ani-me said:

Thanks...

I used to use 2.2.1...until I had some issues with windows 10/NIC/rounter combo...and one of the suggestions/resolutions was to upgrade to 3.3+

Now I am stuck with it, and also, I have gotten too used to adding multiple labels per torrent to go back now..

I have modded uTorrent a bit to disable the adds and some other annoying add-ons of 3.3.1...so it's good now...

I found a exe tool migrate from ut to qt...not sure how well it works though...

I am not sure I'll be switching over to qt just yet though... Not really having any issues with ut actually..

uTorrent 3.x+ has a major security hole that allows people to access files on your computer among other things, and certain versions came pre-bundled with bitcoin miners. In any case, uTorrent 3.x and everything after has fully been banned at pretty much any torrent tracker that blacklists bad clients, including every private tracker I'm a member of.

• Like 1

utorrent 2.2.1: because it works and is 384 KB for the .exe as well as not being blacklisted at most sites while newer versions are. (no ads, no nothing-just torrent downloads which is all I need)

Vuze: for the sites that don't accept the above