rmroberto

Best Quality Spongebob Squarepants' episodes

First of all, sorry if this doesn't belong here.

I've been looking for season 2 to 8 of Spongebob Squarepants (since they're only in SD) and I realise that the iTunes WEB-DLs of S02 look terrible and I came across with what I think are the dvdrips released by TheLastOfUs that look incredibly sharp and colourful (compared to the WEB-DLs). So my question is: which release is the best option to download and keep? You can compare entire seasons or just episodes.

Thanks.

I think all dvdrips are with handbrake so there won't be much improvement no matter which rip you get.

In other words DVD is best, but for current rips you can just compare them with the mediainfo details.

Edited by Gin

On 8/19/2018 at 5:28 AM, Gin said:

I think all dvdrips are with handbrake so there won't be much improvement no matter which rip you get.

Thanks but you're missing my point.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:32 AM, sunnycheeba said:

i also want to know which release is best quality. comparing can be very tedious.

I would say DVDRip. I will upload S02-S03 in their original untouched NTSC/R1 ISO format.

8 hours ago, kyle2000 said:

I would say DVDRip. I will upload S02-S03 in their original untouched NTSC/R1 ISO format.

The early seasons are better in dvdrip I think. Besides the quality, for example, the episode Procrastination from S02 is censored in the WEB-DL version.

As for the dvds, I already found your post in other forum 😄 but it's definitely something that needs to be shared everywhere, so thanks for that.

Sorry if I'm late to this topic, but, recently Prime rereleased some of the season 2 and season 3 episodes in HD as well as put back the deleted scene from Procrastination. So, uh, yeah, there's that if you need it, hopefully someone can eventually get those. Just thought this would be helpful if you wanted some of the episodes in an even better quality than most of the other versions.

• Like 2