Jump to content
njw

Upgrade Recommendations for PC

Recommended Posts

Hey there,

 

Atm, I'm thinking of upgrading my computer but I only have enough budget to upgrade either the CPU, Mobo and Ram or the GPU. I currently have a 4690k and a GTX970. What do you guys think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GPU. 1100 series will be coming out later this year or early next year so, your card is almost two generations behind now. The 4690k is still okay to keep. This is, of course, assuming you're using your GPU more than CPU performance, such as with gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you use your PC for?

What are you wanting to achieve from the upgrade?

Can @NeutralHatred really "hate" someone?

 

Also Newegg have some good deals on varying combos of motherboards x RAM x CPUs - https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=StoreIM&Depa=1358

 

27 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

GPU. 1100 series will be coming out later this year or early next year so

Latest rumour has it as follows:

1180: August 30 2018
1170/1180+: September 30 2018
1160: October 30 2018

 

Don't hold your breath.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

What do you use your PC for?

What are you wanting to achieve from the upgrade?

Can @NeutralHatred really "hate" someone?

 

Also Newegg have some good deals on varying combos of motherboards x RAM x CPUs - https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=StoreIM&Depa=1358

 

Latest rumour has it as follows:

1180: August 30 2018
1170/1180+: September 30 2018
1160: October 30 2018

 

Don't hold your breath.
 

Good question.

Excellent question.

Don't involve me in this.

 

Yes, I'm aware of these rumors. I have a 1080 Ti, though. Let the masses buy all the overpriced new GPUs. I will continue to hug my card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

Good question.

Excellent question.

Don't involve me in this.

 

Yes, I'm aware of these rumors. I have a 1080 Ti, though. Let the masses buy all the overpriced new GPUs. I will continue to hug my card.

Lol. Is it too late to say "too late"

 

Well, I won't be buying your used graphics card... I'll just wait for others to list theirs instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 1:52 PM, Moodkiller said:

Lol. Is it too late to say "too late"

 

Well, I won't be buying your used graphics card... I'll just wait for others to list theirs instead.

You can buy my 1080Ti 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 6:50 AM, njw said:

Hey there,

 

Atm, I'm thinking of upgrading my computer but I only have enough budget to upgrade either the CPU, Mobo and Ram or the GPU. I currently have a 4690k and a GTX970. What do you guys think? 

Depends on what you want to do with the PC.

The 970 is a pretty good GPU, so I'd upgrade the other parts unless you play AAA games at max settings regularly.
Would be useful to know what mobo and ram you already have, actually, we'd need to know your PSU too.
Just post your complete config lol.

Edited by Pi7on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ZeroPenguins said:

You can buy my 1080Ti 🙂

Lol! How much?

Moodkiller Googles the cheapest 1080 ti in the area... dies from the shock of prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Lol! How much?

Moodkiller Googles the cheapest 1080 ti in the area... dies from the shock of prices.

For the cheap price of shipping from Australia which is probably in the hundreds of $$ lel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ZeroPenguins said:

For the cheap price of shipping from Australia which is probably in the hundreds of $$ lel.

Lol! Actually, I'm just across the pond... in New Zealand... probably would still be hundreds fo $$ but a few less 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 12:50 AM, njw said:

Hey there,

 

Atm, I'm thinking of upgrading my computer but I only have enough budget to upgrade either the CPU, Mobo and Ram or the GPU. I currently have a 4690k and a GTX970. What do you guys think? 

May want to be a lot more specific here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always found these to be incredibly useful when coming up with build ideas and choices:

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rmp_sg_whirlpoolpcs_gaming_configs_1

 

Also just give us your exact budget to make life easier.

Also, we need to know what you want to use the PC for; VR gaming, 4k gaming, 1080p gaming, light gaming with video editing focus.... etc etc. As that plays a very large role in what parts are recommended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×