Batman: The Complete Animated Series Blu-ray Detailed

lunaris22

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23673

Tonight at Comic-Con in San Diego, Warner Bros. introduced its upcoming Blu-ray release of the newly remastered Batman: The Complete Animated Series. The box set will be available for purchase on October 16. 

Synopsis: When the two shots rang out, Bruce Wayne's life changed forever. He pledged himself to justice, and he held that oath for years. Wearing many names - the Dark Knight, The World's Greatest Detective, the Caped Crusader and Gotham's Greatest Hero - he battled tragic foes like The Joker, Penguin, Mr. Freeze and so many more. But deep inside, he knew that he shared something with them that most of humanity wouldn't understand - a commitment to the fight. The acclaimed, Emmy-winning TV series redefined this complex man as an edgy hero struggling for revenge and redemption each time he donned the cape and cowl, and this comprehensive collection contains every episode, with all the allies, criminals and showdowns in Batman's history.

• Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • NEW REMASTERS OF ALL EPISODES IN THE SERIES
  • REMASTERS of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  • NEW Heart of the Batman - featurette (60 min)
  • Select Audio Commentaries
  • Three Funko Pops
  • Deluxe Art Book

This is great! (Except for the funko pops. I hate those things)

• Like 2

I am torn about buying this. I never bought BTAS on DVD so I am looking forward to this but I already own Mask of The Phantasm and I don't really need the Funko Pops (my sister collects them so I would probably give them to her). I am hoping/assuming WB will release a cheaper edition in the future.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:42 AM, BobbyDrake said:

In my opinion Batman Beyond is much better than BTAS.... I watched BTAS and i would want to say that this series is not good. Some episodes are boring.  Do you agree with me?

I agree that some episodes of BTAS are boring, but I thought others were great.  The show is a bit hit-or-miss.  I think Batman Beyond was a bit more consistently entertaining, although maybe didn't reach the heights of the best BTAS episodes.  That's my opinion, anyway.

Does anyone know what was the original aspect ratio of the movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker?  I think the original was presented in 4:3 and the 'uncut' version was presented in 16:9, so I assume one of them was cropped.  Since it was direct-to-video, I expect it was originally 4:3, but I can't find a definitive source.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...