Site Maintenance - June 30th Read more... ×
ElectricAngel

Help Ripping from Boomerang

Does anyone know of any methods or ripping from the Boomerang streaming site? There are certain shows I'd like to rip for preservation purposes and help upload here since some HD remasters are exclusive to the service. I'm new to ripping from websites so if someone can guide me through a method they know or can help test out different ways of capturing the stream that'd be useful. 

:P I asked on the camp lazlo request one if there was a way to rip from boomerang lol but.. as far as I know the only way is by video capture like Bandicam or such - it uses Dash drm for the videos (unless someone knows how to bypass that lol)

• Like 1

The only way that I know of to rip Boomerang/Amazon is to just record it with OBS. Which is what I have been doing because i'd rather do that than deal with the people who have the ability to get the videos directly. 

I have reason to believe half the people who claim to be able to rip Amazon and such directly are merely screencapping anyway. 

If you know what you're doing a screencap can look almost exactly the same as a web-dl and there's no way to verify it since only certain people apparently know how to do it. Go Figure

• Like 3

None of the scene or P2P group ever ripped from Boomerang before. P2P group are mostly ripped from Amazon/iTunes. Scene group are mostly ripped directly straight from HDTV/set-top box.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EccentricOne said:

The only way that I know of to rip Boomerang/Amazon is to just record it with OBS. Which is what I have been doing because i'd rather do that than deal with the people who have the ability to get the videos directly.

I'm abit curious, can screen recorders get around Amazon/Netflix DRM?

I've Been using an HDMI Splitter & AverMedia LGP for my backup needs, works well for short recordings.

Edited by DaftMink

Of course they can, but netflix won't play in 1080p outside of edge

I don't know why you'd bother screencapping netflix when Flixgrab exists, as questionable as what it does is, its still better than screencapping

• Like 1

I did have an idea for Boomerang.. :o according to the FAQ on the site.. it says you can download episodes to pc.. what format does it download as? If it's mp4.. can VLC open and record it? (and if it has subtitles maybe CCExtractor can rip them) 

Edited by marbleroll
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, marbleroll said:

I did have an idea for Boomerang.. :o according to the FAQ on the site.. it says you can download episodes to pc.. what format does it download as? If it's mp4.. can VLC open and record it? (and if it has subtitles maybe CCExtractor can rip them) 

I couldn't find anything that said for PC. 

I only saw Android and IOS.

I found out how to download subtitles from Boomerang.

Example Links:

I got these using a chrome extension, but I'm pretty sure they're gettable with developer tools.

• Like 2

:o wow that's cool :D (I wish the shows were that easy 😛 ) when you try to download the .dash file (on the free ones) VLC doesn't play anything.. and trying to change the .dash to anything in the link goes to access denied :P 

• Like 2

I guess if anyone can try to download an episode maybe :) from the site like the FAQ says.. it would be cool if the downloaded video file (if it even downloads one) could run in VLC to be recorded through VLC..

• Like 2

On 6/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, marbleroll said:

:P I don't suppose you have an account on Boomerang to get the subs for all the shows like you did that one? @TheOneWhoSees

nope. I just got the subs from the free content.

If anyone has an account, I will be willing to rip the subtitles from some shows.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, marbleroll said:

Ah :P well.. is it ok if I ask what chrome extension you used to get the subs? 

I used the GetThemAll chrome extension (which is no longer available on the store).

I think you could probably get them with developer tools though.

Protection = Cracked

If anyone has an account I can use, I can upload some stuff from there.

If someone has an account, but doesn't want me to use it, then DM me, as you can still help me.

Thanks to @marbleroll for helping me figure out the exploit.

Edited by TheOneWhoSees
  • Like 2