‘Fast & Furious’ Animated Series Set At Netflix

Koby

An animated Fast & Furious series is headed to Netflix. It is the first series in an expansion of an ongoing multi-year deal between Netflix and DreamWorks Animation Television for original animated kids and family programming. The expansion, following Comcast-NBCUniversal’s acquisition of the animation studio, includes a first look at DreamWorks Animation animated series based on Universal film properties. First off is Fast & Furious, based on Universal’s multi-billion dollar franchise. The series is executive produced by Vin Diesel, Neal Moritz and Chris Morgan, producers on the live-action movies. DreamWorks will also continue creating series based on original and acquired IP.

In the Fast & Furious animated series, teenager Tony Toretto follows in the footsteps of his cousin Dom when he and his friends are recruited by a government agency to infiltrate an elite racing league serving as a front for a nefarious crime organization bent on world domination. Tim Hedrick (DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender) and Bret Haaland (All Hail King Julien) will serve as executive producers and showrunners.

“We are thrilled to take our fantastic partnership with DreamWorks Animation to the next level with new opportunities from the vast library of Universal Pictures,” said Melissa Cobb, Netflix’s VP of Kids and Family. “The Fast & Furious franchise is a global phenomenon beloved by audiences of all ages, and we can’t wait to get started on the new animated series that will capture the action, heart, humor and global appeal of the feature films.”

2 hours ago, Pizza Cat said:

Whaaaaat the fuck. Way to milk this series way past dry. 

Yeah and on some unheard of cousin named Tony of all things... who gets recruited by the government in the same vein to do the exact same things: infiltrate elite racing groups.

The F&F franchise took a big turn when they went from being about fast cars and on the run from the police to working for the government as it was. Then Paul died unexpectedly and they had to write his character out of the show. Then they brought in Hobbs & Shaw and now are delaying the 9th movie so they can push out a spin-off featuring them...

The cartoon just sounds like it's going to be more of the same, with new character we don't care about, just in animated series form.

I doubt I'll tune into this, but whether I do end up doing so entirely depends on how well they do the cars and the mechanics of it, with how much of that aspect takes focus. Otherwise I'm not really interested in another undercover cop procedural, especially in cartoon form.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, Inverti said:

I might watch it depending on what style they are going with the animation.

Ya hope it's not some weird looking 3D CG but I might still give it a shot. Tokyo drift was honestly the last one I enjoyed watching!

• 3 weeks later...

It entirely depends on what kind of style they give this as to whether I'll tune in or not, but the premise certainly isn't something that makes me think it'll go over well. Seems like it'll turn out to be nothing more than a lame attempt to further milk the franchise as if the Hobbs & Shaw spin-off wasn't enough.

• Like 1

It entirely depends on what kind of style they give this as to whether I'll tune in or not, but the premise certainly isn't something that makes me think it'll go over well. Seems like it'll turn out to be nothing more than a lame attempt to further milk the franchise as if the Hobbs & Shaw spin-off wasn't enough.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...