Tokyo Ghoul:re

Vaux

Tokyo Ghoul:re

DXgu3FcU8AAt_Lx.jpg

The third season of Tokyo Ghoul is slated for premiere on 3rd of April. The story this time looks to follow the manga 100% rather than the 2nd season which deviated heavily from the manga. No information yet on whether it's getting a simuldub, but judging by the interest there's a good chance. The new season breaks away and has a new main character in the form of Haise Sasaki, a CCG investigator & member of the Quinx squad.

P.s. I wouldn't read to much into the new season as there seem's to be a wealth of spoilers out there, since it follows the manga it seems to be common knowledge

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Synopsis

Two years have passed since the CCG's raid on Anteiku. Although the atmosphere in Tokyo has changed drastically due to the increased influence of the CCG, ghouls continue to pose a problem as they have begun taking caution, especially the terrorist organization Aogiri Tree, who acknowledge the CCG's growing threat to their existence.

The creation of a special team, known as the Quinx Squad, may provide the CCG with the push they need to exterminate Tokyo's unwanted residents. As humans who have undergone surgery in order to make use of the special abilities of ghouls, they participate in operations to eradicate the dangerous creatures. The leader of this group, Haise Sasaki, is a half-ghoul, half-human who has been trained by famed special class investigator, Kishou Arima. However, there's more to this young man than meets the eye, as unknown memories claw at his mind, slowly reminding him of the person he used to be.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

• 3 weeks later...

For those keeping up with the FUNimation dub:

As FUNi originally announced, they'd only be able to do the first few episodes same day as the simulcast. Well episode 4 appears to be the last as episode 5 wasn't out this week.

According to FUNi's schedule, both episode 5 and episode 6 will be available May 15th.

Hey there,

This is my first post so plz forgive me if it is inappropriate.

So, returning to topic .

Tokyo Ghoul is a bit big series and Its seasons are also named differently like re,root and there are two OVAs has well.

Plz reply stating correct order .

Thanks for support.

• 1 month later...

The time gap and changes between Root A's anime-original ending and where :Re picks up left me utterly confused. After three episodes it didn't get any better and I wasn't interested in any of the new characters so I dropped the show. Guess I'm done with any future Tokyo Ghoul installments unless they reboot the franchise so that it makes sense to anime-only viewers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why? Why? Why Studio Pierrot? You already butchered S1 and S2 with you own story telling, and now this!! Trying to be original is not necessary bad , but... In Tokyo Ghoul case, The better was to stick to the MANGA! I've been watching anime since 2001, and I never saw a TERRIBLE adaptation as this franchise! what a waste!

On 7/20/2018 at 9:01 AM, dbzoussama said:

Why? Why? Why Studio Pierrot? You already butchered S1 and S2 with you own story telling, and now this!! Trying to be original is not necessary bad , but... In Tokyo Ghoul case, The better was to stick to the MANGA! I've been watching anime since 2001, and I never saw a TERRIBLE adaptation as this franchise! what a waste!

Maybe you should read the manga before claiming they butchered it this season. Cause funny thing is, this season was fairly faithful to the manga from what I'm told.

Which is where the issue lies. They changed too much in S2 to try following the manga now without some sort of explanation of what took place inbetween.

• Like 1

Ken Kaneki = Haise Sasaki 

It's not hard to follow as long as you are aware of that fact, and the fact that he lost to Kisho Arima at the end of S2, which subsequently led to his memory loss (or more accurately, the Ken side of him was suppressed). 

Not sure why there's people complaining that they're confused when I could follow along perfectly despite having only watched the anime. 

Edited by Inverti

6 hours ago, Inverti said:

Ken Kaneki = Haise Sasaki 

It's not hard to follow as long as you are aware of that fact, and the fact that he lost to Kisho Arima at the end of S2, which subsequently led to his memory loss (or more accurately, the Ken side of him was suppressed). 

Not sure why there's people complaining that they're confused when I could follow along perfectly despite having only watched the anime. 

You're really oversimplifying it and there is a lot more to it than that to be honest. I knew all of that going into it, but it certainly didn't make the show any more enjoyable. It picks up several years later with no explanation and is based on events that didn't happen in the anime and could not have happened based on what happened in root a because they decided to not follow the manga but then decide to jump back to the manga timeline with re. Basically re: assumes you're a manga reader and if you're not, it tosses a huge middle finger in your face and doesn't try to ease the discomfort. Even if you do understand what is going on, everything just feels lifeless, the characters are boring, etc.. and re: just overall sucks the life out of the franchise and doesn't seem to have any of the aspects that drew me into TG originally.

They really needed to retcon the anime-original segment of root a ala Blue Exorcist 2 style, adapt the missing parts, and somehow fix the issues with re: which ironically would likely require anime-original content to do so.

TG:re part 1 killed the franchise for me, and I won't be back for part 2. I can understand why DDY opted not to fansub it despite fansubbing previous seasons. Despite releasing the first two seasons via Blu-ray under Kametsu, I have no desire to do TG:re. It was easily the worst show I watched last season.

My rating for Tokyo Ghoul:re ended up at 02/10

• Like 1

Except it doesn't have to be complicated. Ken lost to Kisho, was captured by the CCC, the CCC ran tests on him and managed to utilize ghoul technology on their members, creating a new force known as Quinxes. And as we established before, as of Re, Ken now goes by the name of Haise due to "memory loss". 

Retconning won't be necessary, and that's hardly Pierrot's focus at the moment, either. Though, I doubt that matters to you since you don't even like Re. 

Edited by Inverti

12 hours ago, Koby said:

Maybe you should read the manga before claiming they butchered it this season. Cause funny thing is, this season was fairly faithful to the manga from what I'm told.

Which is where the issue lies. They changed too much in S2 to try following the manga now without some sort of explanation of what took place inbetween.

Yep, they followed the manga, but they skipped a ton of scenes/details, 1 episode = 6-7 chapters.

8 hours ago, Koby said:

It picks up several years later with no explanation and is based on events that didn't happen in the anime and could not have happened based on what happened in root a because they decided to not follow the manga but then decide to jump back to the manga timeline with re. Basically re: assumes you're a manga reader and if you're not, it tosses a huge middle finger in your face and doesn't try to ease the discomfort.

Well put. No point in watching a series if you don’t know what the f*ck is going on. I stopped watching :re after ep08 I believe and I have no desire to ever continue it. I don’t care enough about the franchise to read the manga just so I can understand the anime. That’s dumb.

8 hours ago, Inverti said:

Except it doesn't have to be complicated. Ken lost to Kisho, was captured by the CCC, the CCC ran tests on him and managed to utilize ghoul technology on their members, creating a new force known as Quinxes. And as we established before, as of Re, Ken now goes by the name of Haise due to "memory loss". 

Retconning won't be necessary, and that's hardly Pierrot's focus at the moment, either. Though, I doubt that matters to you since you don't even like Re. 

Based on what the anime portrayed, I wouldn't call it memory loss. Maybe the manga explains it so that it makes sense, but judging solely from the anime, they made it seem like the CCC implanted an entirely new bland clean slate "ordinary Joe" personality to overwrite Ken rather than any kind of memory loss having had taken place and then the "Ken" personality just manages to break through towards the end. And this is just one of the many issues with TG:re because despite your oversimplification of events, it just doesn't work or fit or make sense logically.

An anime adaptation shouldn't require you to have read the manga or been spoiled on events from the manga to make sense of things. So they failed before the gate was even open.

2 hours ago, Inverti said:

Yet, the execution seems to be fine judging from all three current seasons I've watched. I can't wait for S3 Cour 2.

It's great that you liked it, and it's fine if you disagree, but you're clearly in the minority. Based on what I've read around the internet in the sites I frequent, it seems most people obviously felt the execution was bad. Shoot in this thread alone, 6 people have commented, 4 of which said it was bad and of those 3 of them said it killed the franchise for them and they wouldn't tune in for more, while 1 person said it was butchered but didn't say whether he'd continue watching, and 1 other that didn't say it was good or bad but mentioned how they crammed way too much into each episode and cut out of a lot of content, and then there is you. Of course there are some properties some people are willing to defend despite all their faults. I'm not going to keep jogging in circles explaining all the issues I have with the show I feel like I've expressed enough reasons as to why I feel the way I do about the show and doing so further would just be repeating myself needlessly; as previously stated I'm one of the few people I know who actually managed to finish watching TG:re and despite that TG:re killed all hype for the TG franchise for me and I will not be tuning into any future seasons. But you just seemingly keep ignoring anything anyone points out and somehow think that oversimplification somehow fixes everything. Unfortunately, knowing that little bit of information only just barely touches the surface of the issues I had, and even knowing that little bit of information there is a lot of things that happen that just don't make sense and it doesn't make up for the lack of tension or all the boring characters.

52 minutes ago, Scyrous said:

Well put. No point in watching a series if you don’t know what the f*ck is going on. I stopped watching :re after ep08 I believe and I have no desire to ever continue it. I don’t care enough about the franchise to read the manga just so I can understand the anime. That’s dumb.

I wouldn't mind the whole not having a clue what is going on, if any other aspect was interesting to keep you watching just for the mystery. Unfortunately everything else was so bad, and they never bother to explain the "mystery" that it just made it all seem pointless. All the loveable characters were replaced with bland no-personality characters aside from one who just had 1 generic trait of "I wanna be the strongest" and all of the fights were just mindnumbing. There was no impact, no tension, and since we knew almost nothing about any of the characters we had no care in the world when something happened to one of them. By ep8 I was just forcing myself to complete the show so I could say I didn't drop it and that I gave it a chance to redeem itself. End of story: it never did. Nothing improved. Shit, the show had me wishing the MC would be killed off by the end because Haise was such a terrible character.  Luckily Haise wasn't even the main focus of most of the season though. It seemed like they wanted to shoehorn that one-trait character, of which I can't even remember his name since every character was so unmemorable, into the MC spotlight for part 1 of TG:re.

• Like 1

I mean, I like Tokyo Ghoul's English cast, and that's reason enough for me to keep watching.

I simply don't drop shows that I've started, and I'll keep tuning in for future seasons if studios keep producing them. I even liked S3 more than I did the previous seasons because I've been wanting to see Haise in an animated format for quite a while. I won't deny that I'm an unusual viewer because I always try not to find any reasons to dislike something. Only a small amount of shows made it seem like a chore to go through. I personally don't believe TG S3 is one of them. 

Just to further establish my point - I don't get all the hate for the critically panned series, Handshakers. Usually, I find myself enjoying shows that are supposedly not good due to the voicework. I'd go for just about any HD animated show nowadays as long as the character designs aren't like Pop Team Epic.

Edited by Inverti