manc4life

Best Release: Shikabane Hime: (Corpse Princess:Aka)

Can someone point me to the best dual audio release currently available for this Shikabane Hime: Aka and Shikabane Hime: Kuro and the OVA

I don't mind if its 720p or 1080p as long as its dual audio, or if i was mistaken and there weren't released in 720p or higher just the best available highest quality would do

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4581/Shikabane_Hime__Aka?q=shika               https://myanimelist.net/anime/5034/Shikabane_Hime__Kuro?q=shika                    https://myanimelist.net/anime/6344/Shikabane_Hime__Kuro_Special?q=shika

74011.jpg                                                                     29945.jpg                                                                  73631.jpg

Yeah saw that relase posted here and also this :P 

On 2/25/2014 at 11:28 AM, Koby said:
On 2/25/2014 at 11:28 AM, Koby said:

No because it's animated at 480p and released only on dvd.

You're lucky there was a 720p HDTV airing, although honestly the quality sucks. The dvds are better.

I'm going to do a 576p encode of the dvd. I'm already done with the encode, just have  to finish up the work on the subtitles, though with whats going on in my life... it's probably going to be stalled for a long while.

So any other release may be?

19 hours ago, manc4life said:

Exiled-destiny DVD

On 2/12/2018 at 9:36 AM, manc4life said:

That was an old comment. The HDTV does have some MPEG2 artifacts and compression issues not apparent in the DVDs, but it also has better lines and colors so they both have their merits.

7 hours ago, emjay911 said:

@Koby so any chance getting that 576p stalled since 2014 :P

I may want to replace my unwatched Stickya's release with yours.

Stickya's release is fine and likely the best we'll have for the show for quite a while, I only wished it had actual subtitles instead of the DVD VOB subs.

As for my encode, It'll likely remain one of the many incomplete projects of mine. Even if I did complete it right now, I'd have no method of uploading it for anyone until I got internet again. But the encodes and work I had done are on an internal harddrive of my other PC which is still out of commission due to laziness (never installed the new mobo that has been sitting in a box for a year+). In any event, I only finished the encode for season 1 and only finished the subtitles for episode one. Was having to do all the typesetting myself since Tomodachi had hardsubbed their signs. I'm not the best at TS either so could definitely use an actual TSer to go back over them. Also in comparison to the benefits of the HDTV, I felt I could redo the encodes again to improve a bit as I wasn't fully satisfied with the line art and noise.

• Like 1