How much of Pokémon have you seen?

ElementalCards

Original Series - Complete

Advanced Generation - Complete

Diamond and Pearl - Almost complete (Will see all the movies and the Mystery Dungeon specials soon)

Black and White - Almost complete (Same as above, which also includes Origins)

XY(Z) - Complete

Sun and Moon - Currently saw 65/69 episodes

Now that I finished watching the main series episodes of BW, it’s time for my analysis. While I’ll admit that I loved how all rivals got the best screen time when local tournaments were held (by my count, there were 3-4), I object how Burgandy and Georgia were written out after the Junior Cup, as well as the fact that Trip did a shitty job at the Vertress Conference. I hate how Bianca (and someone else, I forgot who it was) was not present in the Junior Cup.

Team Rocket’s reboot was badly received by the fan base, but I liked it. They needed to act like real winners for once instead of acting like the annoying douchebags they were in AG and DP.

Iris, on the other hand, was clearly the worst offender. She was an awful parody of Misty, who was also a nasty hothead towards Ash in OS. The berating seriously pissed me off, that it started worsening while the gang traversed the Decolore Islands. I mean, why the sudden change? What was her vendetta towards Ash acting like his true self? Didn’t she learn anything from him? Some friend she is, and Dawn is no better, as she also didn’t approve Ash’s personality. I guess May is one of the few that didn’t object his true self, but that entirely depends on what dub you’re watching (or the original raw for that matter).

On top of that, she acted like a sexist hypocrite. If any female Iris liked acted so klutzy, such as Bianca and Alexa, they got a free pass. I mean, really? What was her purpose in BW anyways? She was... just there accomplishing absolutely nothing. She babied Axew too much, Excadrill was barely used, Emolga was never used, let alone raised properly; only her Dragonite was her real powerhouse. I mean, damn, Serena may have had very limited variety, but Iris clearly had the worst team ever. Her so called goal of becoming a dragon master meant nothing if she couldn’t catch any Dragon types. I guess Misty is a real pro in this area.

While Ash is not safe from this, I guess his Pignite, Oshawott, Snivy (and maybe Scraggy and Krookodile) got very good screen time, something that cannot be said for the other Pokémon. His Palpitoad was totally abandoned for the entire run and Unfezant and Boldore were barely used. At least in DP, he rotated his Pokémon and all were equally used in one way or another. His best Pokémon is clearly Oshawott. I adored it from day one!

End of rant.

• 3 weeks later...

Original Series - Complete

Advanced Generation - Complete

Diamond and Pearl - Complete

Black and White - Complete

XY(Z) - Complete

Sun and Moon - Currently saw 65 episodes

The only movies I liked from DP were the Arceus and Zoroark films. Shaymin is a fvcking brat, I absolutely hate the Giratina film, also because GEAR-A-tina’s name was poorly pronounced. The Kyurem and Genesect films were too fast paced so they didn’t click well in my eyes. So I guess the Victini film was ok...?

after I finish rewatching XY (and enjoying it so much) I intend to rewatch Johto with the movies and shorts this time. I haven’t watched the 4Kids dub since January lol, so memory lane is soon to come.

Edited by ElementalCards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, papill6n6 said:

Maybe it's because of the nostalgia, but I can only truly enjoy watching the first 3 seasons, and sometimes some episodes from season 4 and 5.
I don't know there is too much new weird Pokemon, now many new Pokemons looks like real life animals :X

Last year my daughter got really into Pokemon so I decided we'd do a watch through the entire franchise.

We made it up to the Best Wishes saga and both quickly lost interest in that arc. It's just a massive step down all around. Ash and Pikachu both seemingly just lost massive IQ points and everything they've learned up to that point.... and Pikachu ends up losing to a "starter" Pokemon that had never fought before in like the 3rd episode.