How much of Pokémon have you seen?

ElementalCards

Topic says it all. Here is my current status:

Original Series: 273 episodes, 5 movies/shorts and the Mewtwo Special COMPLETE. This one took me 15 years to finally watch everything, after my introduction to the dub when it was on CN back in 2002. I saw the very first preview version of episode 15.

Advanced Generation Saga: The last 4 episodes of Advanced needs to be rewatched as I only saw 1 partially and 2 of the 4 once on KidsWB. I also need to rewatch Battle Frontier as I only remember at least making it somewhere as far as the 2 parter Deoxys special... maybe 30 or so episodes? Other than that, Advanced Challenge/Battle, the 4 movies and the Mirage Pokémon special I managed to see. I didn't see the preview version of eps 274 and 275.

DP: I missed out on a few episodes, yet I saw the 3 parter Tag Battle special. I stopped somewhere in the beginning of DP Battle Dimension and never finished watching the rest of DP as it was too predictable and too flashy. I only saw the Darkrai and Giratina films and the "movie" version of episodes 465-467.

BW: I managed to see 15 select episodes in a random order, out of boredom. Didn't see any of the movies yet.

XY: I have seen all of XY and XY Kalos Quest after initially watching about 30 different episodes in a random order, again out of boredom. This series convinced me to watch from start to end and I am very close to achieving it. Currently watching XYZ and I have seen the 2 movies with the shorts and prequels. I will watch the Mega Evolution specials after I finish watching the last XYZ episode. I didn't see the preview versions of ep 796 and 797, but will do so at a later time.

Sun and Moon: 15 different episodes in a random order. Unlike BW and XY, I haven't seen the first episode entirely, but I did watch the last 2 episodes. Didn't see the I choose you! movie and the preview versions of episode 937 and 938, but will do so at a later time.

This is my current plan for catching up:

-Finish all of XYZ and watch the Volcanion film before the Lumiose League episodes (it makes sense).

-Watch the preview versions of the first 2 XY and Sun and Moon episodes and then see all Mega Evolution specials afterwards.

-Watch all of Sun and Moon and the I choose you! movie.

-Go back to the Battle Frontier and rewatch it along with the Manaphy film and its respective short (never saw it).

-Go straight to BW and watch everything and the 4 films (the first 2 BW films are separate entities IMO), the prequel to the Genesect film and its short.

Any other extra stuff that may not tie in with the main series I may watch at a later time, such as the Mystery Dungeon and Origins specials. There might be more but I don't feel like remembering. As for Chronicles... yuck, that is all. I couldn't stomach watching the 4Kids dub of AG again and the horrible Chronicles dub, but I have to make an exception for those 4 AG episodes, blech. As for DP... I may watch the last 2 movies and call it a day because I don't plan on watching the episodes anytime soon.

Edited by ElementalCards

2 hours ago, ElementalCards said:

Any other extra stuff that may not tie in with the main series I may watch at a later time, such as the Mystery Dungeon and Origins specials. There might be more but I don't feel like remembering. As for Chronicles... yuck, that is all. I couldn't stomach watching the 4Kids dub of AG again and the horrible Chronicles dub, but I have to make an exception for those 4 AG episodes, blech.

What? What's wrong with Chronicles? I'm especially thankful that 4Kids got to dub it before the handoff, since there are so many characters from earlier episodes in it.

I'm guessing you're another TPCi convert now? :D

The quality was below par, especially their Legend of Thunder dub which was unfortunately hacked to bits. It wasn't necessary for them to snip many scenes here and there just because. That, and the pointless paint edits and idiotic rescoring really hurt the dubbed episodes. I'm just glad that TPCI is creating new music for their dub instead of reusing dated 4kids music, totally unfit for current episodes.

I stopped (temporary) watching Pokemon in aug 2014. The last episode I watched was "Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike which is the 28th episode in the XY Sage (episode 823 Overall). I'll probably pick it up and finish the XY, Kalos Quest, and XYZ seasons, the mega evolution special and the 3 XY movies (Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel) this year, after I beat Pokemon X (I have already played through Alpha Saphire and Moon). I believe I have watched everything prior to episode 823, with the exception of the few banned episodes (The episode were ash catches 30 tauros, the Porygon solider episode, the ice cave episode. I also already watched Pokemon Generations when it aired sand I plan on watching Sun and Moon and their movies after it concludes.

19 hours ago, Ashven288 said:

I stopped (temporary) watching Pokemon in aug 2014. The last episode I watched was "Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike which is the 28th episode in the XY Sage (episode 823 Overall). I'll probably pick it up and finish the XY, Kalos Quest, and XYZ seasons, the mega evolution special and the 3 XY movies (Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel)

You should resume watching XY, the episodes cannot be described in words other than awesome. These are worth watching:

XY030-34, XY037, XY054, XY058 (this onee might be frustrating), XY063, XY066-67, XY069-70 (these two are my absolute favorites), XY071-72, XY079 (this one is silly but cute), XY081-82, XY084, XY087, XY093, XY098, XY105, and XY107.

Original: I saw some episodes here and there. Reruns on Boomerang.

Diamond & Pearl: Same as above, I think? Might've watched a few episodes on CN (reruns though) when it was current though.

Black & White: Watched the entirety of it a few years back. I watched the premiere for this on CN but didn't follow through. Any movies/specials during this gen included as well. Watched it all.

XY: All of Season 1. Maybe a dozen or less episodes for Season 2 then I stopped watching. I had caught up and was watching week to week on TV. Flipped out when I overslept and missed a episode then couldn't find it.

Finally found it some days later (rerun) and it was like a Pokemon Beauty Pageant episode or something like that. (I think it was a Pokemon Stage Play or something actually?) I just dropped it after that. Didn't really care anymore. I watched for the action (gym battles, training, and so on) and didn't really care about those filler episodes of them doing this and that.

I recently thought about going back and finishing XY since it's 'Sun & Moon' now, but I don't care that much. Although I do plan to watch the original (Already got it Downloaded) first season. My sister grew up on it and wants me to watch it. Not sure when I'll get it to though. At the moment I'm focused on knocking the 2017 anime still on my list then I'd like to watch the Original DB (Already seen DBZ, GT, Watching Super, didn't manage to watch DB though.) . Maybe after that...

I'm curious though... I remember there was a rumor (or not a rumor?) of Ash going to school? Did that become a reality?

From the TV series I watched episodes 1-657. Completely lost interest after D/P for some reason. Never played any games beyond gen IV either I think.

As for movies, pretty much the same. Watched the first 12 or so (plus 16 and 20), though I do plan on watching the rest eventually.

Also watched Pokémon Origins and the XY Mega Evolution specials (I wish Mega Evolution got a home-video release).

1 minute ago, ElementalCards said:

With only 16 episodes left of XY (excludes The Legend of XY&Z as I saw it after XY124), this will be the first time I watch an entire saga from the new dub. Can't wait to catch up in the future. ^_^

In which country do you live if watching this anime with dubbing? I mean if you are live in Germany you are watching this anime with German dubbing (not original - English).

This is my current progress:

Original Series - Complete

E15 preview version, 273 episodes, 5 movies/shorts, Mewtwo Returns

Advanced Generation - Incomplete

S7-8, Movies 6-9 and the Mirage special complete. I need to see the preview version of the first 2 episodes, rewatch the last 4 episodes of Advanced and all of Battle Frontier, as I don't know which ones I saw. I have not seen the Island Adventure short despite owning the 9th movie DVD for years... lol.

Diamond and Pearl - Incomplete

I've seen some of DP and the first few episodes of Battle Dimension, which includes the movie version of the first 3 episodes. No interest in finishing up at the present time. I only saw M10 and 11, though I may watch the last 2.

Black and White - Incomplete

Saw 15 random episodes and that's it. I plan to watch it eventually with all the movies/shorts and Origins.

XY(Z) - Complete

E796-797 preview version, 141 episodes, M17-19 with shorts and prequels, and Mega Evolution specials.

Sun and Moon - Ongoing/complete

E937-938 preview version, 43 episodes and M20. Oh man, this movie was extremely boring! I prefer the fandub work of the Mirage special than this drek.

Edited by ElementalCards
  • Like 2

I will be taking a small break for the time being and take care of some business here:

Original Series - Complete

E15 preview version, 273 episodes, 5 movies/shorts with 1 prequel and Mewtwo Returns.

Advanced Generation - Complete

E274-275 preview version, 191 episodes, M6-9 with 2 shorts and Mirage Pokemon special.

Diamond and Pearl - Incomplete

I've seen some of DP and the first few episodes of Battle Dimension, which includes the movie version of the first 3 episodes and M10-11.

Black and White - Incomplete

Saw 15 random episodes so far. I plan to watch the series with all the movies/shorts and Origins in due time.

XY(Z) - Complete

E796-797 preview version, 141 episodes, M17-19 with shorts/prequels and Mega Evolution specials.

Sun and Moon - Ongoing/complete

E937-938 preview version, 43 episodes and M20.

I hope to never watch the 4Kids dub of AG ever again. I still hate 4Kids!May's obnoxious and bratty voice, she was obviously miscast. And boy oh boy, the horrendous 4Kids music really dominated half of Johto and Hoenn... really sad.

Edited by ElementalCards

• 3 weeks later...