Sign in to follow this  
chumxeed

Recommended download manager?

Hi,

This may off topic yet I'd like you share the best way to download from Mediafire. I used to like Mediafire very much before they decide to terminate support of their Mediafire Desktop that can sync content from/to Mediafire account. now the only way I have is download any file from browser and it is so slow. in the past I do not care how slow it'd be because I can just start Mediafire desktop, log in then start download overnight now it not possible.

@chumxeed just use some download manager. So you can pause and resume download as well.
If you want to try, Xtreme Download Manager, very little of a hassle to install, can be used to rip videos from streaming site like youtube as well.
I can get an average of 2 MB/s for those MF links using XDM. :3

JDownloader 2 So you can pause and resume download as well. JDownloader 2
If you want to try I can get an average of 7 MB for those MF links using

7 hours ago, mrbaer said:

Thank for your suggestion. I trying Jdownloader 2 now but I did not get 7 MB avg speed you mentioned. I do not buy premium account from MF that may be why I not getting high speed download. btw. it is ok some how I can leave it to download overnight but still there is a number of file download limit in a period of time that need to wait this is still annoying.

2 hours ago, chumxeed said:

Thank for your suggestion. I trying Jdownloader 2 now but I did not get 7 MB avg speed you mentioned. I do not buy premium account from MF that may be why I not getting high speed download. btw. it is ok some how I can leave it to download overnight but still there is a number of file download limit in a period of time that need to wait this is still annoying.

have you read obout JDownloader 2  and Install your plugins

21 minutes ago, mrbaer said:

have you read obout JDownloader 2  and Install your plugins

I'm not sure what do you mean of install plugins. the sefault installation already include several plugins in the setting.

as I'm looking in to it I already see Host Plugin: mediafire.com that I can enter user name and password of my account.

with warning: This setting can prevent captchas but it can also lead to an infinite reconnect loop. so which plugins or additional plugin I need to install?, Sorry for my ignorance.

Side note: @chumxeed please make your posts relevant to the topic from now on. I split your post into *this* thread which is more appropriate for the discussion. Try not to clutter a release thread like you previously did with off-topic posts. Thank you.

I have tried the above suggestions .. I have been using Internet Download Manager (IDM) cracked version ,, luckily the version I have doesnt bother me with update notices. (doesnt support latest Firefox yet)

Another good alternative with very minor issues is Free Download Manager (FDM)

Both have been reliable and give maximum speeds.

I am using aria2c, which always maxes out my network speed. It doesn't integrate with browser, but I don't mind it, in fact I'm pretty sure I'd only get annoyed by such integrations.

On ١٠‏/١‏/٢٠١٨ at 12:13 PM, mrbaer said:

heya,  jdownloader contains bundle software, what should i do with it?