• Girls' Last Tour
    • Inuyashiki
    • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
    • Land of the Lustrous
    • Recovery of an MMO Junkie
    • The Ancient Magus' Bride

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, axeshovel said:

I really enjoyed Land of the Lustrous, which I had not heard about until my friend suggested I watch it. All the votes for the Ancient Magus' Bride suggests that I will need to add that to my watchlist.

its a series that reminded me of studio ghibli movies for its amazing animation , art style and have many unsettling moments in it  

i would watch if you like amazing production values and slow character journey and development 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 12:27 PM, Deafness said:

The top voted anime in this pole so far are pretty lame. Girls last tour and land of the lustrous easily the 2 best shows from this season and some of the best this year. Not sure how Black Clover and Inuyashiki got so many votes I gave them both a 2/10. Magus Bride was also a massive disappointment compared to the quality of the ova, I will probably drop it and give it a 4/10.

With all due respect, you are comparing an OVA which is built UPON that which you are dissing (as in the manga had already provided it, which the anime is replicating), so of course it seems better, it rests upon the foundations the actual series is creating/showing.  I do not mind harsh criticism, I just would prefer it to be INFORMED harsh criticism, and yours does not appear to clear that threshold.  The series creates the characters, the contexts, and the closeness of the relationships you see in the OVA, as well as that being a self contained story in many ways too.  Apples and oranges.  At the minimum.  The series is world building, the OVA was already world built.  To compare the two, and to love the OVA while claiming the series is "lame", well does that speak to the material, or to the reviewer?  I clearly submit in this case at least the latter.

• Like 1

The votes have been counted...and the winner of Anime Of The Season Fall 2017 is...

The Ancient Magus' Bride

Runner-ups:
2nd place - Inuyashiki
3rd place - Black Clover

A huge, huge thanks to the community for voting! Look for a new poll at the end of the Winter 2017/18 season!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1