Cryptic

[CyC] Cryptic's (mostly) Anime Release/Archive Index

About

My releases are quite sporadic in terms of pretty much everything. At the basic level, I try to always get the highest quality releases. Sometimes I'll put in effort and mux stuff together, or I'll just post a release to help archive shows that I like (or I'm about to watch). It really depends on what's out there and how much I like the show. I figured I'd add a Mirrored section since it's bound to be forgotten about if I don't.

• I will pretty much always use x264 for my releases (that could change depending on several variables)
  • I'll always try to get 10bit, though some will be 8bit since 10bit isn't always available
  • 1080p will always have FLAC and 720p will always have AAC (for the most part anyways, a few exclusions apply)
  • The majority of my projects will be on anime (archives and mirrors will vary)
  • Willing to collab if we have a mutual interest

FAQ

Q: What counts as a release vs an archive?

A: If I don't touch the files at all, it's an archive. If I have to mux in things, it's a release since I actually have to put forth effort (awful I know).

Q: How much longer until you complete your release?

A: Hell if I know. I can't work on a project for too many hours in a row before I start making a lot of mistakes, and we don't want that (my mind is far from a 1 track mind).

Q: Help! The wrong subtitles were used (or insert any other problem with a release), can you fix it?

A: Yes, I will try to fix it asap. But if it's a minor issue I may hold off in case other issues arise.

Q: Can I use your release to make a better one?

A: What? My release isn't good enough? I mean... most likely. Just ask first and let me know what your plans are. Maybe I'll do it instead (yeah right lol).

Q: Do you take requests?

A: Not really. Though I may do archive requests.

Q: Why are some mirrors crossed out?

A: This typically means there's a better version of those files out there that you should obtain rather than using those mirrors, not too sure why I leave them there.

Q: Are my releases top quality?

A: I try, unless the show turns out to be bad and then I don't care.

Sub? Dub? Dual-Audio?

I'll often do a dual-audio release if I'm able to obtain the English audio and it's not going to take hours to sync. I don't see a reason to do a dub only release, so it'll be dual-audio or sub.

Dual audio releases will be marked as dual audio. If it's not marked, it's subtitled.

File Hosts

You'll mostly see GDrive as my primary host. Though, I'll try to use others that are ideal to use.

• GDrive (primary)
  • Mega (won't be using as much, will still probably include in my own releases)

Releases

Archives

Mirrored

In Progress

• Mushishi v2
  • Kuroshitsuji 1080p D-A

Planned

• Darker than Black 1080p?/720p (full show + dual audio)
  • Kuroshitsuji 1080p (all releases + probably dual audio)
  • Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 1080p (maybe, if there's good subs out there for later episodes)
  • ...more to come

So... that's it?

Yep! I'm just trying to play my part here to make a greater archive of all the wonderful chinese cartoons. I appreciate everyone who puts forth the effort in releasing the highest quality stuff. You guys are awesome.

Edited by Cryptic
  • Like 4

welcome to index-land!

I'd be curious to know what your usual goal is with releases you work on. i.e. what sort of quality you aim for. At a glance it looks similar to our usual standards, just wanted to be clear if that's a consistent standard for your stuff.

12 minutes ago, Catar said:

welcome to index-land!

I'd be curious to know what your usual goal is with releases you work on. i.e. what sort of quality you aim for. At a glance it looks similar to our usual standards, just wanted to be clear if that's a consistent standard for your stuff.

Thanks <3

Well, my standards are wonkey. I try to aim for the highest quality, but it really depends on how much I like the show.

For example, I decided to put together a release for Code:Breaker before I watched it since there wasn't one here. I didn't really like it that much, so any issues posted I haven't bothered fixing (if anyone wants to use what I have and post a polished version; feel free). On the other hand, if there's problems with Natsume Yuujinchou, I'll go back and fix it right away since it's one of my favorites. Above all, if it's on my hard drive, I'll try to fix any issues.

Additionally I'd like to add that I'm not the best at determining the best source. I've just come from the realm of bad quality not too long ago so it's not that easy for me to see in-depth quality differences.

Edited by Cryptic

3 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Additionally I'd like to add that I'm not the best at determining the best source. I've just come from the realm of bad quality not too long ago so it's not that easy for me to see in-depth quality differences.

well that's something we can definitely help you with at least. Whenever you're setting up for a new release, post what you're considering to use here (with screenshots if you've got them, if not just the release names), and I'm sure people will weigh in. We all love being ultra-pedantic about our video quality here, after all =P

Edited by Catar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Catar said:

well that's something we can definitely help you with at least. Whenever you're setting up for a new release, post what you're considering to use here (with screenshots if you've got them, if not just the release names), and I'm sure people will weigh in. We all love being ultra-pedantic about our video quality here, after all =P

Actually I'll take you up on that offer right away.

Someone mentioned that Yousei-raws might be better than Coalgirls for Darker than Black. I've posted comparisons here, but no one ever replied...

Just need some opinions on these companions.

Kyoukai no Kanata - denpa (from shiro's release) vs beatrice (ignore the filename)

https://diff.pics/n8RSUjZlepUe/1

https://diff.pics/GTWLgmlte7nq/1

I like that beatrice doesn't slice in clean op/ed. Other than that I can't really see a difference... My plan was to mux together Shiro's release with beatrice and include the OVA from SBS. Maybe get the specials from SBS as well. I know that's not much work, but having a complete release all in one spot would be nice. (perhaps I'll do 720p as well granted I can find everything)

Edited by Cryptic

well for subs i got both sbr and shirσ.

they might be same.

shirσ says utw but using denpa vid is probably denpa edit as well.

sbr says  UTW (denpa's edit).

havent watched yet so i dont have personal opinion

just watch 5 mins  each if there are differences in kfx and such and pick what you prefer.

sbr might have done tad more work https://nyaa.si/view/805078

if you want sub files i have them both

for video i have beatrice, im not familiar with denpa encodes at all.

for 720 i doubt anything can beat winter

idk though doing denpa, there's  not much sense doing this as SBR pretty much done it.

if beatrice denpa are fairly similar, same

Edited by sfaxt

2 hours ago, sfaxt said:

well for subs i got both sbr and shirσ.

they might be same.

shirσ says utw but using denpa vid is probably denpa edit as well.

sbr says  UTW (denpa's edit).

havent watched yet so i dont have personal opinion

just watch 5 mins  each if there are differences in kfx and such and pick what you prefer.

sbr might have done tad more work https://nyaa.si/view/805078

if you want sub files i have them both

for video i have beatrice, im not familiar with denpa encodes at all.

for 720 i doubt anything can beat winter

idk though doing denpa, there's  not much sense doing this as SBR pretty much done it.

if beatrice denpa are fairly similar, same

I'll probably grab both subtitles from tosho. But in terms of quality, I can't really notice much of a difference. I'm still going with beatrice since it's more known and has op/ed with credits (personal preference). I'm also (slowly) grabbing winter's encode now.

Another thing I noticed - Shiro's release uses 16bit eng flac and 24bit jap flac. I see RH uses 24bit eng flac, though @Scyrous mentioned here that the audio encode has artifacts (or were you referring to the video?)

Edited by Cryptic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cryptic said:

Another thing I noticed - Shiro's release uses 16bit eng flac and 24bit jap flac. I see RH uses 24bit eng flac, though @Scyrous mentioned here that the audio encode has artifacts (or were you referring to the video?)

Was referring to the video :P you’d have to do some reeeaaally funky stuff (mess up really badly) to introduce audio artifacts.

• Thanks 1