sfaxt

AnimeBytes is open for application sign up

5 hours ago, DKnight said:

If you guys use RSS then just add this https://opentrackers.org/feed/

Never noticed that. Never used RSS but I just realized Thunderbird supports it and I use Thunderbird for my mail. So that works better than me following the twitter.

Thanks for the heads up on the rss feed.

13 hours ago, RyanEsau said:

Not open. I tried back in December when it was open (I got one of the questions on the application wrong though. So no AB for me.) and there would be a 'Apply' button if they were open. It's not there though.

Just Home, Login, Account Support. No Apply Tab. Just check every so often.

https://opentrackers.org/ is also a good way to keep track of trackers sign ups. I've gotten in a few (Including AnimeTorrents not too long ago) thanks to them mentioning when they're open. I just follow their Twitter for updates.

I still check the site though here and there because some tweets get buried in my feed.

When and if they do open their applications again and you get the question wrong, you can just apply again. I got one wrong on my first attempt the first time but I reapplied almost immediately and got accepted the following day.

1 hour ago, InvitationToHades said:

When and if they do open their applications again and you get the question wrong, you can just apply again. I got one wrong on my first attempt the first time but I reapplied almost immediately and got accepted the following day.

Noted. Unfortunately I couldn't do that though back in December. Took them a minute to get to my app and when they did, they were closed.

A few years back I was part of the team that reviewed applications and decided to either allow or deny people. For anyone interested, here's what we looked out for (Doubt its changed much over the last couple years)...

• Knowledge of torrenting: This is the biggest one and will pretty much make or break you. You don't gotta know the details of how they keep track of your stats, but you gotta know basic torrenting terminology and how to do it. After all, the community is supported entirely by its users having healthy torrenting habits (Which comes from having knowledge of what they're doing).
  • Full answers: The reviewers are volunteers who review EVERY application individually, and nothing's more irritating than someone half-assing an application with one or two words for each question. Pretty much spits on the face of anyone who actually put effort into their application and wastes the time of the guy reviewing it. It's the first thing that you notice and an auto-decline whenever I saw it.
  • Anime-interested: For the anime questions, you don't gotta bleed your heart out, but show interest in the topic. Write a tiny review of your favorite show, at-least enough to make it clear you actually saw them and didn't just read the summary.
  • Be cool: The main-reason for an application is of course to judge if an applicant would be a positive impact on the community. Answer the questions, but throw in a joke or two when appropriate. Going through dozens of these things in a row gets real old real quick. Remember, if you can make them laugh you can make them buy (or in this case, approve).

Those are just some quick-tips. I personally joined through an application myself. AnimeBytes is, in my opinion, the best place to get your feet wet in the private tracker community. The staff/rules are very understanding of new users, the community is pretty diverse, and if you're looking to get into the 'Elite' trackers that are so sough-after, AnimeBytes is also a great place to do that thanks to the recruitment threads in the forums. Good luck!

• Like 1