Koby

Basilisk Sequel Anime Reveals 1st Video

The official website for Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō – the television anime adaptation of Masaki Yamada's Ōka Ninpōchō Basilisk Shinshō (Ōka Ninja Scrolls Basilisk New Chapter) novels – revealed the first promotional video, more cast members, and the January 8 premiere date for the series on Friday.

The 24-episode series will premiere on Tokyo MX, TVK, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, BS11, and AT-X on January 8. An advance screening event for the anime's first two episodes will be held at Tokyo's Shinjuku Wald 9 theater on December 29. Voice actors Tasuku Hatanaka and Inori Minase will also have a talk show at the event.

The Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō novel is a sequel to Futaroh Yamada's original Kōga Ninpōchō (The Kouga Ninja Scrolls) novel. The story is set 10 years after Kōga Ninpōchō in 1626. Tatsuya Shihira (Q, Robotics;Notes Revival Legacy) also launched a manga adaptation in Kodansha's Young Magazine on July 24.

• Like 4

Oh my. This is exciting news. I am looking forward to this. Thanks for posting it. 

Edited by EljayFlintok

Is it done under the same animation studio as its previous series? The old ones' animation is amazingly done well even to this day's standard especially during the fight. Oooh, I hope it will be just as majestic! ^_^