What is your age and why are you still watching cartoons?

olympustenay

26 here and the biggest 2 reasons are nostalgia and the fact that most of today's stuff are trash tier.

Besides Rick and Morty, Legend of Korra and Gravity Falls there is nothing in the past 5 years that has even remotely grabbed my attention. Ok, samurai jack, but that probably doesn't count since it's a continuation of sorts.

Not to mention the fact that most of the older series have many puns and sly stuff you couldn't pick up on when you were little.

Just watch some Ed, Edd'n Eddy or Johnny Bravo and you'll see what I'm getting at.

J.B.: "It's a beautiful day ... but not as beautiful as me.". Gets me every damn time.

Just now, olympustenay said:

Well at least it was not for watching cartoons at your age. For me it is different

I'd imagine it's different for you cuz you're 28 and I'm 20 but people made fun of me for only watching cartoons for a period of time, but that's different than simply watching them. Still a good show's a good show plain and simple. How many of these shows do you think are actually made with the intent of pleasing children? That's not the creation process for a real cartoon (maybe Micky Mouse Clubhouse and the pre school crap but not actual stuff) they try to make themselves laugh, I guess they feel like if they don't find it funny why the hell would we. Stuff like spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, PPG whatever it's made with the intention of being flat out funny for all ages. Hell Looney Tunes and the older cartoons are actually made for adults, that's why they have to censor the life out of them when they play them on tv

4 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I'd imagine it's different for you cuz you're 28 and I'm 20 but people made fun of me for only watching cartoons for a period of time, but that's different than simply watching them. Still a good show's a good show plain and simple. How many of these shows do you think are actually made with the intent of pleasing children? That's not the creation process for a real cartoon (maybe Micky Mouse Clubhouse and the pre school crap but not actual stuff) they try to make themselves laugh, I guess they feel like if they don't find it funny why the hell would we. Stuff like spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, PPG whatever it's made with the intention of being flat out funny for all ages. Hell Looney Tunes and the older cartoons are actually made for adults, that's why they have to censor the life out of them when they play them on tv

That is true. Also rockos modern Life is quite adult for kids

21 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

I have a few of my family's acquaintences telling me that video games and cartoons are for kids. Back then I remained silent, though rather annoyed. Now I blast at them for such bullshit statements. I'm like "does that bother you so much?" I'm not gonna "discontinue my favorites" just because they don't approve it.

How old are you ? I had family members laugh at me for playing games. "Do you still play them?" One of the members even asked me to give my ps 2 to my six year old cousin. I still play that. I bought it from my savings. Why should I give it to someone ? And they even let that six year old play GTA on their computers. Due to this I don't play video games when these people are around

• Koby changed the title to What is your age and why are you still watching cartoons?