Cartoons with the most creative/amazing art styles?

thefarmboy

On 11/6/2017 at 1:47 PM, Not Scyrous said:

Yea, Disney's style was a lot more "formulaic" in terms of animation compared to other cartoons of the time (I'll say 30s-50s that's what I consider the golden age). Looney Tunes loved going "off-model" I think it's a disgrace that so many of these so called "artists" in the industry consider that an animation error god forbid you have a unique frame that doesn't just copy and paste the same pose over 20 different frames. Ren & Stimpy too, hell John K encouraged his cartoonists to do so even the subcontracted animators overseas cuz he'd actually go to said overseas studios with a translator and overlook everything instead of going "here's the key animation finish it with absolutely zero communication from us who formed the basis of what your working on" like every single other tv cartoon ever made does. At least Disney didn't copy and paste different heads onto the same 4-5 bodies for every single character in the 40s like all of the post 60s-70s stuff Disney did:beat_shot:At least they had proper composition/color contrast/line of action instead of 5 poses totally unrelated to each other that look like they were all drawn separately being pasted onto the same frame looking sort of like a mess (like Samurai Jack they're very bad with that) and the brightest possible colors with silly contrast (like the 90s Disney movies, Aladdin's color makes me barf) and every pose being as stiff as a board (like Rick & Morty/Family Guy/Archer that kind of stuff)

It's interesting hearing how studios made certain decisions and "cut corners" to make things faster/cheaper. Yeah I don't like the stiff animation stuff either, and couldn't get into any of those shows you listed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...