Storage Solution's ?

normalsomeplace

9 hours ago, SakuraChan said:

ok do I need to post pics of my "storage" guess i have to nao

there 4 of ..... yeah

You even have a magical girl guarding your storage. That's top notch security.

Wait, doesn't she collect cards or something? I don't think she's that good of security now.

That's right. Didn't see the anime. Fight me.

2 hours ago, Inverti said:

Yeah, won't be needing a new hard drive anytime soon. Still pretty shocked that one of us has as much as 1 EB, though. How did you even get that much space, @Moodkiller?

That's not the actual size. It's just a network drive you get for installing Drive File Stream where you can access your Google Drive like a mounted drive.

Edited by Spectrum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Inverti said:

Yeah, won't be needing a new hard drive anytime soon. Still pretty shocked that one of us has as much as 1 EB, though. How did you even get that much space, @Moodkiller?

Nice 8TB you got there :D 

Anyone inline for Seagates 12TB?? Seen as that one is commercially available. 

32 minutes ago, Spectrum said:

That's not the actual size. It's just a network drive you get for installing Drive File Stream where you can access your Google Drive like a mounted drive.

@Inverti,as Spectrum mentioned, it is the size that Google's newest app (Drive File Stream) reports when mounting the drive in Windows. rclone mount on linux reports GDrive being only 1 PB in size in comparison. Reddits /r/datahorders have pushed GDrive to 47TB+ as far as I can see. I would also imagine they wouldn't beat around the bush when they offer unlimited storage for organisations. As for where I got it from,  G Suite's business plan offers your unlimited storage if your organisation is over 5 users. 

Something else I have just played around with now, that Google Drive File Stream Drive can be shared on my home network, meaning I could give anyone access to that drive if they wanted - both read and write - from their own machine. 

7 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Anyone inline for Seagates 12TB?? Seen as that one is commercially available.

euh Seagate HDDs I tend to stay away from them, because I have a really bad experience with them.

I always by Western Digital, as for capacity the 4TB has the lowest euro-to-GB/cost per GB (€0,0325/GB).

Edited by zweeflol

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 11:20 PM, SakuraChan said:

*stares at moodkiller*

*pulls out my 8" floppy disk's*

Will have more Soon

xMVlS.png

@SakuraChan Holy mother of God 141 TB and  37Tb remaining .

Do you keep with you every anime, cartoon show of your childhood inside , is it like ....Hmm I feel like going back when I was 14 and I enjoyed that one particular cartoon, let me look up that .. Oh wait i already have that in my massive storage. Do you go on nostalgic binges time to time.

2 hours ago, normalsomeplace said:

@SakuraChan Holy mother of God 141 TB and  37Tb remaining .

Do you keep with you every anime, cartoon show of your childhood inside , is it like ....Hmm I feel like going back when I was 14 and I enjoyed that one particular cartoon, let me look up that .. Oh wait i already have that in my massive storage. Do you go on nostalgic binges time to time.

yes sometimes and believe it or not i did watch stuff from disney back in the day like duck tales and stuff not this new POS they are passing up now where everything is fucking round like a damn blob

• 4 weeks later...

I've lost 2 HDD and 1 laptop due to mechanical failure.
Since I can't afford to constantly buy HDD, yet I have cheap yet decent connection,
my solution now is to download, upload and spread the copies as much as possible.
I have made 70 free MEGA accounts myself and I got 17 more accounts from some requesters.
I'm aiming to get 1000 accounts. :boss:

20 hours ago, ramensama92 said:

I have made 70 free MEGA accounts myself and I got 17 more accounts from some requesters.
I'm aiming to get 1000 accounts. :boss:

What if MegaUpload goes away then everthing is gone.

You can use it as backup but to use it as main storage, not really smart.

Maybe start a own Nas: https://www.wdc.com/products/network-attached-storage/my-cloud-pr4100.html#WDBNFA0320KBK-NESN

Edited by DJHulp