Storage Solution's ?

normalsomeplace

Internal storage with a couple of orico hot swap enclosures that fit a 3.5 drive into a 5.25 bay. The ORICO 1106SS-BK has an on/off switch and can hold up to a 4tb drive.  These come in handy for archiving series without having the drive being on all the time. Also the connection is sata III direct to the motherboard so it's a lot faster than an external usb3 drive. I also have 3 3tb drives installed and running all the time.

-adog

Local network-attached-storage server--2xRAID10 arrays, one 8x8TB and one 4x10TB for a total of around 47TB functional space. Nearly an equal amount scattered across older external HDDs for backup stored elsewhere. More than just anime stored, obviously, but it's part of the system.

Also, a few million 5.25" floppys for secondary backup (3.5" users are poseurs and modernist deviants).

Never really trusted cloud stroage. It's actually not really a paranoia thing, but that would be easier to explain.

Edited by shamil11
  • Like 2

I'm sorry. Is my storage too weak for this thread?

XjgmMCa.jpg

I'm picky with what I store anymore.

Neptune is for most Steam games and whatever large files I have on my system that I access the most (release work, music, documents, ect)

Nepgear is just for MMOs or any more modern games I think would benefit most from SSD speeds. By MMOs, I mean pretty much only WoW. Maybe Blade & Soul if I get back into it.

Nymph is my archive/backup external.

Don't ask why that one is the only one not related to the Neptunia series.

She was named long before I got the other drives.

On 10/4/2017 at 10:17 AM, (AC) said:

Here I am with just 6tb dedicated to anime.

more or less the same and its plenty for me too, roughly 200 series and 30-40 movies. and I am hard-pressed to find more stuff I may want.  in most cases I upgrade what I already have with better releases. and I've watched maybe half of them. but deep down I want sakurachan's racks :P

Edited by sfaxt

4 minutes ago, sfaxt said:

more or less the same and its plenty for me too, roughly 200 series and 30-40 movies. and I am hard-pressed to find more stuff I may want.  in most cases I upgrade what I already have with better releases. and I've watched maybe half of them. but deep down I want sakurachan's racks :P

my rack's cost a lot, and thats not all my servers just my better ones

• Like 1