RinOkumura

Manga Vs Anime

Depends on the series.

The Vision of Escaflowne anime is MUCH better than the manga.

The Naruto manga is MUCH better than the anime.

I agree, much of it depends on the series.  I love the Berserk manga but not so much the anime, I can't think of any counter examples but I'm sure there's at least one.  Usually I find that the first version of something or one that had a special artistic vision is the one to go for.

For me, both are fine. I normally prefer the manga (or LN) if the anime doesn't finish or if it is only subbed, because I will mostly be reading anyway, it would be better to read in a medium actually meant to be read. Anime is better though with certain series, regardless.

I think for shoujo manga I prefer the manga. The anime adaptions usually just release 13 episodes and then call it quits even though there is more to the story... Blue Spring ride is an example of this. 

There are on occasions that I do in fact prefer the anime over manga.

I know not everyone likes the 2003 Full Metal Alchemist Anime Adaptation because it differs from the manga, whereas Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a more faithful adaptation. But I favor more so the 2003 adaptation. So in that case, I do prefer the anime over the manga. But tends to be very rare that I do. It more so depends on whether I feel its been adapted right, which includes Art Styles and General Tone of the show.

There have been numerous Manga's that I love, adapted for television, and sometimes I look at the finished product and react with "What the hell happened?"

Both are good, but animes tend to left some information about the story and characters out cause they can't put everything on screen. Manga is better if you want to know everything about that title.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:46 AM, Kaetokiha said:

Both are good, but animes tend to left some information about the story and characters out cause they can't put everything on screen. Manga is better if you want to know everything about that title.

I agree with you.

Especially on Heavens Lost Property and the last film they did was so rushed compare to the manga.