Red_Drag0n

How to download without waiting on MEGA (free users) ?

The last time i used MEGA to grab something was more than 2 years ago. Back then there were no such download limits.
Recently they have put a limit on our downloads. I've got a free acc there and my profile says  that i have already transferred  30GB data . Not sure if this 30GB data transfer thingy would reset each day or each month. Anyway, now that i have grabbed 30GB, i have to wait after each download.

After a file finishes downloading, it makes me wait for 30 to 40 minutes. Then as i'm eligible to start another download it resets the timer and makes me wait even longer like an hour or more. That's like cheating. I mean this is really frustrating.

I tried VPN, that came with Opera, but that just made the internet slow. Not gonna try HOLA browser , since i have heard bad things about that browser.

Any other way to grab files without waiting? Thanks. 

Edited by Red_Drag0n

1 hour ago, Red_Drag0n said:

The last time i used MEGA to grab something was more than 2 years ago. Back then there were no such download limits.
Recently they have put a limit on our downloads. I've got a free acc there and my profile says  that i have already transferred  30GB data . Not sure if this 30GB data transfer thingy would reset each day or each month. Anyway, now that i have grabbed 30GB, i have to wait after each download.

After a file finishes downloading, it makes me wait for 30 to 40 minutes. Then as i'm eligible to start another download it resets the timer and makes me wait even longer like an hour or more. That's like cheating. I mean this is really frustrating.

I tried VPN, that came with Opera, but that just made the internet slow. Not gonna try HOLA browser , since i have heard bad things about that browser.

Any other way to grab files without waiting? Thanks. 

30 GB? Waiting after each file?

Sounds like MEGA is completely different for you than what most free users experience...

Thanks v9 , can you recommend me some good VPN sites or browser add-ons?

I'm currently using a VPN add-on for my firefox , it's quite good, the speed doesn't go down much but their VPN services are not totally free. It lets you bypass MEGA's bandwidth cap alright , and lets you download a few gigabytes of data, like say 3 or 4 GB , but after that you'll have to buy their premium VPN services :(. I need a vpn that's totally free. Thanks.

@ mcmxcixmm,

Sorry, it's 3GB download limit by MEGA , and not 30GB.

I posted it late last night. Was almost dozing off when i typed that and so ended up typing it all wrong hehe.

Edited by Red_Drag0n

20 hours ago, Red_Drag0n said:

Thanks v9 , can you recommend me some good VPN sites or browser add-ons?

I'm currently using a VPN add-on for my firefox , it's quite good, the speed doesn't go down much but their VPN services are not totally free. It lets you bypass MEGA's bandwidth cap alright , and lets you download a few gigabytes of data, like say 3 or 4 GB , but after that you'll have to buy their premium VPN services :(. I need a vpn that's totally free. Thanks.

Lol v9 - that's the first time I have been called that ^_^. Hmm the only other good VPN is TunnelBear as a browser add on. Downside is only 500MB free per month. That one that allows you 3-4GB is quite generous. 

I would load all the links up in JDownloader 2 and just let your pc download them when they become available. Might also pay to check to see if what you are after is hosted else where, such as torrents or on XDCC http://xdcc.kametsu.com/

Edited by Moodkiller

20 hours ago, Red_Drag0n said:

I need a vpn that's totally free.

I don't think you'll find that with good speeds/unlimited bandwidth.

I have been using Just Proxy VPN, they have a Chrome extension. Their yearly plan is just under 2 dollars. 

Edited by EljayFlintok

22 hours ago, Red_Drag0n said:

@ mcmxcixmm,

Sorry, it's 3GB download limit by MEGA , and not 30GB.

I posted it late last night. Was almost dozing off when i typed that and so ended up typing it all wrong hehe.

Free MEGA account users (as opposed to completely anonymous users) seem to get a full 5 GB every time.

On 8/25/2017 at 5:39 PM, mcmxcixmm said:

Free MEGA account users (as opposed to completely anonymous users) seem to get a full 5 GB every time.

Hmm ... Here all i'm getting is 3GB. Then after 6 hours of waiting, they reset my free acc , then again i'm allowed to grab 3GB.

The only legit way to *partially* bypass that absurd limit is to purchase a premium plan with them, notably the 8tb plan. Boy do i miss downloading 21gb of content in a few hours...

Edited by ElementalCards

Hmmm, usually my limit is 5gb. I just downloaded a 46gb 4k movie without the limit popping up. What's up with that, thought it'll take days to download because of the limit and waiting but nope. With multiple downloads it does pop up.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:46 PM, blackblades said:

Hmmm, usually my limit is 5gb. I just downloaded a 46gb 4k movie without the limit popping up. What's up with that, thought it'll take days to download because of the limit and waiting but nope. With multiple downloads it does pop up.

Well, the limit varies based on bandwidth usage I believe. Not really sure though because I usually I would cap out at like 5-8GB (Free, No Account). [Usually was always 5GB for me.]

Recently though, I've had my seedbox, twice, download for me (like 40-50GB) and it blazes through it all without stopping but near the end, it drops to a crawl (dl speed) but still keeps going until the end. (Does region make a difference? Seedbox being in EU versus me in the US?)

I also remember I had one day, I was using some downloader and was downloading and MEGA just never stopped me so I kept at it. Pretty sure that day I had snagged like 100~ GB until like sometime the next day when I finally got hit with the message. I had got like 95% of the stuff I wanted though at that point, lol.

An easy way to bypass the MEGA limit is to use https://shurcrypter.se, you just encrypt the links and then paste them in JDownloader 2 (Not sure if it works in other download managers).

I've been using this for a while and it works fine, no limits of any kind.

Use a VPN or if you live in Europe, disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting will give you a new IP (there's a setting in JDownloader 2 for this).

On 5/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, Jorge3194 said:

An easy way to bypass the MEGA limit is to use https://shurcrypter.se, you just encrypt the links and then paste them in JDownloader 2 (Not sure if it works in other download managers).

I've been using this for a while and it works fine, no limits of any kind.

I had a issue where the download doesn't finish and gets a decrypt error. I'm thinking region issue anyone know a bypass for that without a vpn.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, ziojacky said:

hHello!!
logamuyiwu, am italian, and restart the connectino to change IP don't works, trust me.

Free vpn softether vpn or with servers plugin vpngate link: http://www.vpngate.net/en/