Links being shared on public sites and urgent archiving

11 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

That's good to know, thanks for the info dude.

I don't know man, I don't think that'd be a good idea. The result of doing that could be similar to throwing gasoline on a timid fire.

Just because they heard about Kametsu from reddit doesn't necessarily mean they are here to cause problems, for all we know they would follow the rules and be a great community member.

If we start making people guilty by association it might cause an even bigger issue to be born from those actions. They could end up coming back and bringing their friends to seek vengence. 

We might be better off "killing them with kindness" so to speak to keep them here so they can see the benefits of this forum vs using reddit.

Maybe you're right.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

I don't know man, I don't think that'd be a good idea. The result of doing that could be similar to throwing gasoline on a timid fire.

Just because they heard about Kametsu from reddit doesn't necessarily mean they are here to cause problems, for all we know they would follow the rules and be a great community member.

If we start making people guilty by association it might cause an even bigger issue to be born from those actions. They could end up coming back and bringing their friends to seek vengence. 

We might be better off "killing them with kindness" so to speak to keep them here so they can see the benefits of this forum vs using reddit.

Thank you for saying this. I actually found Kametsu thanks to Reddit. In a sense, it was my Avatar 1080p remaster (that originated from Reddit) that got me more invested into muxing, uploading things and eventually joining project crew here. Association, country, ethnicity or religion is all irrelevant. How you find Kametsu doesn't matter. What matters is how you treat the Kametsu, the rules, guidelines and of course the community as a whole. Reddit is not our enemy - and I will never prejudge a redditor, 4chan user, or whatever association lead them to Kametsu. Let's all keep an open heart and work on ways to improve the longevity of these download links instead.

• Like 3

I know most of the shows I uploaded are down. I don't have much of the anymore, because I deleted them a while ago.

I try to re-download and upload them again.

I can add you to my Google Drive account, which I will regurlary update.

I know I told you guys I quit, but I think this is very sad, so I will try to help you out! :)

• Like 14

3 hours ago, ThePJzer said:

That's good to know, thanks for the info dude.

Can we at least keep a close eye on those who say they came from reddit?

14 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

Can we at least keep a close eye on those who say they came from reddit?

Haven't seen users advertising much about where they came from - many don't even bother with introduction (just post in random threads borderline spam quality replies). Also, as others have already pointed out, just being member in some other site should not result in unwelcoming attitude.

More importantly, to me it seamed that reddit were not the origin of the "leak" - 4chan was. Reddit could have better handled the situation, but I am not familiar with their rules, so I can't objectively judge them.

As for adding protection in our side, my first guess would be to make access to VIP Section harder to attain. Adding manual selection process might give desired result, but at the same time it increases load on staff, so it might not be feasible solution.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hark0n said:

Haven't seen users advertising much about where they came from - many don't even bother with introduction (just post in random threads borderline spam quality replies). Also, as others have already pointed out, just being member in some other site should not result in unwelcoming attitude.

More importantly, to me it seamed that reddit were not the origin of the "leak" - 4chan was. Reddit could have better handled the situation, but I am not familiar with their rules, so I can't objectively judge them.

As for adding protection in our side, my first guess would be to make access to VIP Section harder to attain. Adding manual selection process might give desired result, but at the same time it increases load on staff, so it might not be feasible solution.

Well that convo stemmed from me suggesting we ask new users how they found the site and banning them if they say reddit which PJ pointed out was an incredibly close minded idea I was just very pissed at reddit at the time for obv reasons

• Like 1

Hmm... there's always the torrent option. There's lots of American cartoons here that could benefit from having a torrent option. Torrents don't necessarily have to be hosted on Piratebay or some such. They can be hosted on download sites that aren't MEGA, or better yet, you can simply post the magnet link. Re-seeding can be a heck of a lot more convenient than re-uploading if you think about it. And if outsiders (who aren't going to bother to sign up) get a hold of the torrent, it's on them to keep the torrent alive. If people can make torrents, they should. If you cannot torrent, no problem. There's nice people here that would probably provide download links for those who can't torrent after they complete their torrent download. Something to think about. Let's face it, link stealing is always gonna happen no matter what. Torrents might not be the best "plan B" but I'm positive a community like this can make it work.

Edited by Jai009
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Cartoons said:

I know most of the shows I uploaded are down. I don't have much of the anymore, because I deleted them a while ago.

I try to re-download and upload them again.

I can add you to my Google Drive account, which I will regurlary update.

I know I told you guys I quit, but I think this is very sad, so I will try to help you out! :)

Thank dog. I'm glad you're in on this Cartoons. I remember you from right after the CW exile. Indeed most of the shows were yours. Would it help if we compiled a list of down shows? Do you mean you're gonna re-download from iTunes? Sooo .... 1080p too? No pressure, just asking :D.

@DabDeity710  I'm also still pretty pissed myself, but idk how banning people from reddit would work. Even person by person screening would be a tough sell. Interviews would be useless, anyone can lie. Some guidelines to posting links would help a lot; something on the lines  of what EccentricOne did here :

Make the process a bit more difficult. something like   http://ncrypt.in   or    http://share-links.biz/ . I know these seem shady, but they would cloak the real links as much as possible and would prevent a nuke attack of this sort. It's just so easy to copy when you just plop a folder link.

Also some diversification of the hosts wouldn't hurt any, but ppl upload where they want I guess.  I have some filehost suggestions but some might think I'm spamming.

• Like 2

@CartoonsWhat do you mean by Disabled, you mean that 90 days thing? I know a way to get around that problem.

It involves making virtual machines :P or another computer

Basically you create yourself a fake Windows 7 pc running on your current pc, install itunes on that and get your files - its what I do to have access to 3 different itune accounts on one computer. Its a bit of a hassle but its worth it. 

Alternatively you could share those itune accounts with someone you trust to share them appropriately. 

Edited by EccentricOne
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Scyrous said:

Thank you for saying this. I actually found Kametsu thanks to Reddit. In a sense, it was my Avatar 1080p remaster (that originated from Reddit) that got me more invested into muxing, uploading things and eventually joining project crew here. Association, country, ethnicity or religion is all irrelevant. How you find Kametsu doesn't matter. What matters is how you treat the Kametsu, the rules, guidelines and of course the community as a whole. Reddit is not our enemy - and I will never prejudge a redditor, 4chan user, or whatever association lead them to Kametsu. Let's all keep an open heart and work on ways to improve the longevity of these download links instead.

You're most welcome dude, and well said. 

I showed up here just a little bit before you did, and actually remember when that Avatar Reddit Remaster thread went up. Would have been a shame if the Kametsu door got slammed in your face just because you came here from Reddit.

You've been nothing short of a fantastic member and contributor to the community ever since you joined Kametsu.

7 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Well that convo stemmed from me suggesting we ask new users how they found the site and banning them if they say reddit which PJ pointed out was an incredibly close minded idea I was just very pissed at reddit at the time for obv reasons

Regardless of the situation, when bad things happen it's worth throwing all ideas out on the table in an attempt to find a resolution, including yours.

I actually gave some serious thought to what you said, and the conclusion I personally came to is that those actions would probably cause much more harm than good in the long run.

However, my personal conclusion doesn't invalidate your suggestion. You were obviously frustrated with the situation like everyone else and just trying to help. Nothing wrong with trying to protect a community you care about.

So, good on you dude. ^_^

• Like 2

Sad thing is, it seems all these reddit people DO want to take links back there and share them for some reason. I guess they like the "pat on the back". IMO you find a good thing, have fun and keep it to yourself unless you know someone you trust to let them in on it, once Kametsu and links start hitting reddit it seems they never stop.

• Like 4

On 15/08/2017 at 3:37 PM, Googler123 said:

Archived 4chan thread is here http://archive.is/06og7

we have to check manually for dead links. But we need better anti-leeching in place before we upload our stuff just to be taken down again.

I think owner of the links should change their link paths thats the best solution again some black sheep came who wants to sabotage our forum dammmn that guy who worked so hard for destroying kametsu I hope his own life reuins and gets destroyed he should have pointed people to come here rather than posting links in open A BIG F for him 

3 hours ago, dudebro said:

I am new to this community, but I really like it so far and I am hoping you guys can help me out with finding "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens" in 1080p as I would be so happy if I found it.

The request board should be used for those kinds of things @dudebro^_^ 

Edit: Then I saw this: 

Doesn't help multiposting in sections that aren't "request topic" specific.

Edited by Moodkiller