Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CTR640

Remastered DB/Z/GT videos MKV to MP4

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I've been reading some topics about kinda the same subject and learned some new things. And you don't have to re-encode the MKV to MP4 after all since they are the same within the formats.

However, some tools unfortunately do not support multi audio and SRT so I'm left behind again with questions. I'd like to watch DragonBall/Z/GT/Eps/Movies on my PS Vita but typicall Sony only supports MP4 and if I convert the episodes they get ridicolous big in terms of MB and with quality loss. So how and which program is it's best to do that without re-encoding? And possibly select-able which audio since the Remastered versions got 2 and 3 audio.

Edited by CTR640

Posted (edited)

ffmpeg does the job. Here's a little tutorial. Alternatively there's XMedia Recode which supports the same things (re-encoding, remuxing, etc). I believe the latter allows you to select which audio tracks to include - not sure about ffmpeg. But remember that you can use Mkvtoolnix to get rid of the audio tracks you don't want and then remux to .mp4 format afterwards. Same result, but may take a little longer because it requires two steps.

Edited by Scyrous

Thanks a lot for your replies. It also helped me to search further and to add more input, I found this one:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/MkvToMp4

It does the job 3 seconds, just tried one DBZ episode and the output is same resolution and audio is selectable and it end up around 10MB smaller.

Amazing. Now I've got to test if the output file works on my PS Vita or not. These PSVita memory cards are priced absurd so not gonna spend one cent on the 64GB version.