[Voting] Anime of Spring 2017

Koby

AOTS Spring 2017  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Voting ends August 4th

• Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
    • Alice & Zoroku
    • Armed Girl's Machiavellism
    • As the Moon, So Beautiful (Tsuki ga Kirei)
    • Attack on Titan S2
    • Duel Masters (2017)
    • Eromanga Sensei
    • My Hero Academia 2
    • Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
    • Re:CREATORS
    • WorldEnd (SukaSuka)

This poll is closed to new votes

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Spring season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Spring 2017.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends August 4th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Summer 2017 season so be sure to look for it.

1 minute ago, lucaslink2 said:

I liked so many this season, AoT S2, MHA S2, Eromanga sensei, RoB VS and Re:creators. Decisions, decisions...

I liked quite a bit as well so tough decision. I ended up not even nominating a show and opted just to vote between those that were nominated. One show I enjoyed that failed to get nominated was Grimoire of Zero.

Pretty sure AoT2 is gonna win by a pretty big landslide though here at Kametsu. Little Witch Academia won AotS at other sites, but failed to even get nominated here. Shows how vastly different the userbase opinions are... I thought LWA was overall fairly average to poor and nothing about it was very good. The second movie was a lot better than anything the tv series had to offer.

In any case, ended up giving my vote to Re:CREATORS. Never managed to find time to watch Rage of Bahamut 2 so couldn't factor that into my voting and WorldEnd while having a nice premise, failed to get me to care about the characters or their story and thus kind of felt bland, not to mention the ending that wasn't really any sort of conclusion. The last episode literally just stopped out of no where and I thought maybe my file had corrupted or something lol.. but nope, that was how they opted to end it apparently. No "the end", no "to be continued", nothing... just suddenly stopped. Attack on Titan 2 was really nice too. Other than those, I didn't watch any of the other nominations.

• Like 1

WorldEnd for me, as the only one listed that made me watch every week as soon as it dropped. I've started checking out the LN. and the sheer number of loose ends they left has me hoping for S2. Eromanga-sensei was cute and funny, but didn't grab me the same way. I've yet to finish AoT2 after watching the first 2 episodes...which doesn't surprise me since I struggled to get through S1. Same with MHA2; might wait for the bluray rips.

3 hours ago, Koby said:

I liked quite a bit as well so tough decision. I ended up not even nominating a show and opted just to vote between those that were nominated. One show I enjoyed that failed to get nominated was Grimoire of Zero.

Pretty sure AoT2 is gonna win by a pretty big landslide though here at Kametsu. Little Witch Academia won AotS at other sites, but failed to even get nominated here. Shows how vastly different the userbase opinions are... I thought LWA was overall fairly average to poor and nothing about it was very good. The second movie was a lot better than anything the tv series had to offer.

In any case, ended up giving my vote to Re:CREATORS. Never managed to find time to watch Rage of Bahamut 2 so couldn't factor that into my voting and WorldEnd while having a nice premise, failed to get me to care about the characters or their story and thus kind of felt bland, not to mention the ending that wasn't really any sort of conclusion. The last episode literally just stopped out of no where and I thought maybe my file had corrupted or something lol.. but nope, that was how they opted to end it apparently. No "the end", no "to be continued", nothing... just suddenly stopped. Attack on Titan 2 was really nice too. Other than those, I didn't watch any of the other nominations.

There where shows that didn't get nominated that I personally enjoyed like Tsugumomo and Clockwork Planet, I gave my vote to My Hero Academia S2 because attack on titan was a favorite to win xD

and it was the first "superhero show" I enjoyed in my life.

I found too that Little Witch Academia was severely lacking in comparison to the movie, I watch out of obligation. Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul took a turn I didn't expect from the original. Making a villain, one of the protagonist, ignoring for basically the entire season one of the previous protagonists and introducing a storyline barely related to the last one but damn if it wasn't entertaining as all hell. They even made the opening with a more catching theme than the last one. I got it stuck on my head since I first heard it.

Re:CREATORS was really interesting in a way, that was the first time I saw an anime with a plot like that, maybe that is why I enjoyed it that much. WorldEnd failed to get me too.

Edited by lucaslink2

20 hours ago, lucaslink2 said:

There where shows that didn't get nominated that I personally enjoyed like Tsugumomo and Clockwork Planet, I gave my vote to My Hero Academia S2 because attack on titan was a favorite to win xD

and it was the first "superhero show" I enjoyed in my life.

Tsugumomo was surely a guilty pleasure i thoroughly enjoyed watching Kiriha ftw. 

I haven't seen AOT S2 yet so no idea there, i wanted to vote for Hero Academia its one of my favourite shows recently but i ended up voting for Worldend cause it started off well enough the dub was really good imo but the ending not so much.  

f1036baa-s.jpg

2 hours ago, manc4life said:

Tsugumomo was surely a guilty pleasure i thoroughly enjoyed watching Kiriha ftw. 

I haven't seen AOT S2 yet so no idea there, i wanted to vote for Hero Academia its one of my favourite shows recently but i ended up voting for Worldend cause it started off well enough the dub was really good imo but the ending not so much.  

f1036baa-s.jpg

Tsugumomo was definitely one of those guilty pleasure anime, but I nonetheless enjoyed it quite thoroughly xD

Attack on Titan 2, it's had/has a lot of hype to live upto and so far it's living up to it! They've got a major series storyline developing which could be why, considering they spent all the first season building up to it & then it's almost like the floodgates are open

Unpopular as my opinion might be, I actually liked Rage of Bahamut 2 more than the first season. It just seemed a bit more fun. Second choice was going to Re:CREATORS, I didn't start watching it until a few episodes in but I found the premise interesting, and the characters where/are done well, can't wait to see how everything turns out. Alice, Machiavellianism, Clockwork Planet, Danmachi, Girl Beats Boys, Royal Tutor, Love Tyrant, Bastard Teacher, Sin, and Kado where all Solid OKs, although Sin is garbage for many other reasons. The Kings Avatar is enjoyable and I'm excited for season 2 even if it is not technically anime. Fukumenkei was garbage and its ending was awful, I thought she was bad at singing, but would have still ranked it ok if it didn't have such a bad ending. Boku no Hero, and Attack on Titan where both great, but that was expected.

What Shows I watched This Season

• Alice to Zouroku
  • Boku no Hero acedemia 2nd Season
  • Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism
  • Clockwork Planet
  • Danmachi: Sword Oratoria
  • Fukumenkei Noise (Absolute Garbage)
  • Kenka Banchou Otome
  • Little Witch Academia
  • Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine
  • Quanzhi Gaoshou (Not technically anime, but it's on Mal)
  • Renai Boukun
  • Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
  • Seikaisuru Kado
  • Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
  • Sin; Nanatsu no Taizai
Edited by Rohan Subs