The Nostalgia Train Hit Me

pixxelherz

And I started another playthrough after about 15 years: 

16m2k3d.png

I was a little surprised that I did not feel put off playing this again for all its grainy graphics. As a kid I awed at the real-guy-in-a-cartoon idea, which wasn't really new at the time but cool to have in a game. Now I wasn't quite sure about all the game mechanics anymore and I feared that it would have the one and only missing mechanic of not being able to skip the walking animations when you want to leave a room/go to the next room. The lack of this mechanic in any point-and-clicker puts me off most of the time. Silly, but true. But Toonstruck actually has it - a right-click instantaneously gets you into the next room - so pleasantly surprised I was, plus it got me motivated to actually stick with the playthrough. 

What's your recent nostalgia trip? 

Edited by EljayFlintok
  • Like 2

Sheesh where do I begin:haha::haha::haha:

I live for nostalgia I'm always looking for shit from my childhood to nostalgia trip with. By far the most profound nostalgia trips I've ever had have all been on drugs so I'll start with some of those experiences (I don't promote drug use at all it's beyond unhealthy, however I'm not against it/don't look down on it either, to each their own). One of the most profound nostalgic experiences I've had are watching Toy Story 1 & 2 on acid, it was literally like being 2 years old again and watching them for the first time. The very beginning of Toy Story 2 with Buzz in space (that's later revealed to simply be Rex playing the Buzz Lightyear video game) I could literally feel myself sitting in the movie theater watching it for the first time as a 2 year old it's very difficult to explain. And the Car chase at the end of the first Toy Story was also indescribable as well as the gas station scene. I've had similar experiences with the Justice League animated series, Teen Titans, Spongebob, Batman TAS, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs with cough syrup (Justice League being the most profound of the 6, the intro was insane for me). I hope to accomplish similar experiences with Pinky in the Brain and Ed, Edd n Eddy since those were my 2 favorite shows at the age of 2 and 3. Static Shock also gave me an experience like this while stoned af (which is how I usually watch TV i'm not a fucking junkie like I was in 10th-11th grade. In 9th grade I had an experience like this watching Powerpuff Girls getting really stoned too watching it on netflix before my piracy days. Tom & Jerry's always nostalgic no matter what. So is any cartoon cartoon era Cartoon Network show

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I live for nostalgia I'm always looking for shit from my childhood to nostalgia trip with. By far the most profound nostalgia trips I've ever had have all been on drugs so I'll start with some of those experiences (I don't promote drug use at all it's beyond unhealthy, however I'm not against it/don't look down on it either, to each their own). One of the most profound nostalgic experiences I've had are watching Toy Story 1 & 2 on acid, it was literally like being 2 years old again and watching them for the first time. The very beginning of Toy Story 2 with Buzz in space (that's later revealed to simply be Rex playing the Buzz Lightyear video game) I could literally feel myself sitting in the movie theater watching it for the first time as a 2 year old it's very difficult to explain. And the Car chase at the end of the first Toy Story was also indescribable as well as the gas station scene. I've had similar experiences with the Justice League animated series, Teen Titans, Spongebob, Batman TAS, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs with cough syrup (Justice League being the most profound of the 6, the intro was insane for me). I hope to accomplish similar experiences with Pinky in the Brain and Ed, Edd n Eddy since those were my 2 favorite shows at the age of 2 and 3. Static Shock also gave me an experience like this while stoned af (which is how I usually watch TV i'm not a fucking junkie like I was in 10th-11th grade. In 9th grade I had an experience like this watching Powerpuff Girls getting really stoned too watching it on netflix before my piracy days. Tom & Jerry's always nostalgic no matter what. So is any cartoon cartoon era Cartoon Network show

Totally agree with the last line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DabDeity710 said:

Man, you are SOME guy. For the life of me, I'll probably never have these trips you had and will have. With normal life going on there is just no imaginable way this could happen to me. 

You have, however, not mentioned any trips with GAMES, this is Gaming Realm after all. 

Edited by EljayFlintok

1 hour ago, DabDeity710 said:

Man, you are SOME guy. For the life of me, I'll probably never have these trips you had and will have. With normal life going on there is just no imaginable way this could happen to me. 

Just now, EljayFlintok said:

Well drugs are crazy shit lmfao and I've had a bunch of nostalgic experiences with them watching tv cuz watching tv's one of my favorite things to do on them. I still don't recommend them to people who aren't already using tho. Weed's different, I'm one of those people who thinks weed's some sort of "magical elixir" like a lot of Americans do. It's my understanding that it's not decriminalized in most countries the way it is here so y'all probably see it differently than I do. I don't think weed's completely harmless, but it has so many benefits imo and pretty much all of the harmful effects are mental but it's not mentally destructive like other drugs, it's just "mentally controlling" which with proper discipline and strong will can be avoided altogether. I'm sure you could have similar experiences if you can remember your favorite things from like the first 10-12 or so years of your life although maybe not as profound. I used to have similar experiences with video games (kind of like you mentioned in the opening post) long before I got into drugs, even before I got into weed.

Just now, SecondNine said:

playstation 1 . I know there were also Scooby doo games for game boy color and ps2 but I never played them on those two systems

Ah, you still own one of those. Impressive. I have actually considered to buy a PS3 to satisfy that old-games-of-sorts itch. I never owned one and just got into PS gaming a couple months ago with a PS4, but there are a couple games I simply would like to play. Then again there is the game streaming service for PS3 games, might just as well do that for a month or two. 

• Like 2

Well its my second ps2 a slim, the big fat one gave up the ghost a few months ago. I have a ps3, want a ps4 but I need a large amount of things to get the most out of it. I like the old days of console gaming where its was buy the system, buy games, play said games for a while, complete it, wait for new releases, work to earn money for tem, go out buy it and repeat this cycle Too many dlcs and too much hype for a 60 dollar game that lasts maybe four or five hours.

24 minutes ago, EljayFlintok said:

Ah, you still own one of those. Impressive. I have actually considered to buy a PS3 to satisfy that old-games-of-sorts itch. I never owned one and just got into PS gaming a couple months ago with a PS4, but there are a couple games I simply would like to play. Then again there is the game streaming service for PS3 games, might just as well do that for a month or two. 

Well its my second ps2 a slim, the big fat one gave up the ghost a few months ago. I have a ps3, want a ps4 but I need a large amount of things to get the most out of it. I like the old days of console gaming where its was buy the system, buy games, play said games for a while, complete it, wait for new releases, work to earn money for tem, go out buy it and repeat this cycle Too many dlcs and too much hype for a 60 dollar game that lasts maybe four or five hours.

But to each their own, I mean without those types of things I guess no uncharted or God of War

14 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

But to each their own, I mean without those types of things I guess no uncharted or God of War

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecondNine said:

I agree with you on the quality of modern gaming. It has been dwindling since the old days. I do believe there to be quality today, though, we just have to look more closely and don't just buy the instance we see a shiny new trailer. 

• Like 2

The trailers, yeah I know thats how they get a lot of us.  Of course E3 , Ign and all of that doesn't help either sometimes as there are biases. I mean I am not healiyl in to following thme, but they are obviously noticbale on some fronts.

Anyhow what sort of game genres do you like to play and why?

I like unique titles, hidden gems, potential concept games( ie turning points fall of liberty ps3), or games I missed the first time around like Area 51 for the ps2.

• Like 1