Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackblades

Should I use Torrent or stay with DD

15 posts in this topic

I don't like using torrent I avoid it like the plaque and usually can find what I want. Starting not be able to find some stuff like anime ost flacs and others flacs that's DD. Should I give in and face my fears of using torrent? To make it easy on myself from search so hard.

You should, don't you have other things to do. Do not waste time bro

Torrent Tornado has been safe for me, try it out.

11 hours ago, ElementalCards said:

Torrent Tornado has been safe for me, try it out.

Is that a download program or browser pluggin.

Browser plugin. Tried uTorrent (or sonething...) and my comp detected a virus that one time and I never did it again.

Posted (edited)

On 7/23/2017 at 11:50 AM, ElementalCards said:

Browser plugin. Tried uTorrent (or sonething...) and my comp detected a virus that one time and I never did it again.

-_- Exactly why I dont wanna use torrentz, I going for magnets file through a chromes extension. Don't see torrent tornado, but what about nyaa I see the site it says it's secure got stuff I want, is the extension safe.

Edited by blackblades

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, blackblades said:

-_- Exactly why I dont wanna use torrentz, I going for magnets file through a chromes extension. Don't see torrent tornado, but what about nyaa I see the site it says it's secure got stuff I want, is the extension safe.

If it's the nyaa site that wants you to 'install' their download app .exe run away as fast as you can.

I read awhile back about one of the nyaa sites that said you needed to install their downloader to keep you safe, don't trust it.

Edited by MaxxCatt

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MaxxCatt said:

If it's the nyaa site that wants you to 'install' their download app .exe run away as fast as you can.

I read awhile back about one of the nyaa sites that said you needed to install their downloader to keep you safe, don't trust it.

Oh no I'll never do that, re looked at the extension it says converting so I don't think it's a torrent extention. Can anyone recommend me a chrome torrent extention that does magnets. Also anyone have at&t and had issues with them downloading torrents.

Edited by blackblades

9 hours ago, olympustenay said:

I use direct downloads for most things.

My problem with DDL is that filehosts usually have limits on how much you can download. With torrents that isn't an issue.

I got a few close calls with torrents in the past, I find DDL much safer and often much faster (since whatever I want usually had sparse seeders). I haven't messed with torrents in a good while so I have no clue what's changed.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, tomnook123 said:

My problem with DDL is that filehosts usually have limits on how much you can download. With torrents that isn't an issue.

You can buy premium account for that filehoster

18 hours ago, tomnook123 said:

But Torrents are just as bad as filehosts. Dead torrents are annoying to encounter and the download speeds are horrid.