Windows 7 or Windows 10?

DRX

Windows 7 all the way, Windows 10 is a mess and just a beta version. So many problems, it is ridiculous. Nothing seems to work on it, from a newly bought MP3-player, which has Windows 10 support written on the box to external hard drives running at half speeds and having to set them on "better performance" to get the normal speed just because Windows 10 does not know how to handle many external HDD's at a time while Windows 7 does it without problems. Also, the constant nagging about which programs to use as standard. I set it every time but it keeps resetting itself. Programs just stop working for no reason at all. Games run like crap. And the problems I have, so many people are having them, just look them up online, it's ludicrous.

No, I want to go back really bad and am going to next weekend.

And for the people that say it is me, I laugh at you.

• Like 1

Well, you needed to download an updated version of Win 7,each update has a program which verifies whether or not you have the original OS installed kind of a security update.

The updated version with that installed is as good as genuine all that was left was to update it to Win 10 which was free at the time

• Like 1

On 06/07/2017 at 9:24 AM, Nabull said:

I upgraded my Pirated Windows 7 to a genuine Win 10 Pro for free can't complain. 

Win 10 is good I don't know why people are so skeptical about using it

Just don't go and update it to the creators update as that has been reported online as buggy.

Win10 is basically a spyware OS. I'd go with 7. It's a damn shame next gen CPU's won't work with it.

Even 8.1, which has 1 year remaining for mainstream support won't allow next-gen driver/firmware updates to support ryzen and kaby lake cpus. Their strong-arming/forced upgrading is disgusting.

O&O Shutup10 can be used to get some privacy back into Win10. I think you can also use this to remove Win10's back-ported telemety snooping updates for 7 & 8.1.

Also, I've read (back in 2015 I think) some private torrent sites would block your connection if using Win10. Is this a misconception or is there truth to this?

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Spykes2016AD said:

No softs need W10 so i keep W7.

Actually that isn't true. Windows 10 games such as Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 will not run on Windows 7

As far as the general question is concerned the answer is, it depends.

If you have a fast enough machine you're not going to notice much of a difference as far as speed is concerned, the universal problem of Windows 10 is undoubtedly the privacy concerns.

Let me ask you this though, how many of the people who complain about Windows 10 spying on them put that level of scepticism towards Google? Undoubtedly they are spying on you to an even greater extent than Windows is. Even if you're not using any google products or its search engine a significant portion of the Internet is hooked directly into google via stats and other measures.

This is all a bit of a tangent isn't it? :P

The one thing Windows 10 does that genuinely pisses me off is the Forced Updating, if anything 10 does would cause me to not recommend it - its that for sure.

• Like 1