Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DJStarfish

Chroma Deinterlace Virtualdub error

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking about encoding my HDTV encodes with Virtualdub. But I have one problem, when I deinterlace or IVTC 1080i encodes, you notice that they have shitty looking chroma errors.

Look at the image right here:

wb9YRNR.png

You notice on the right, that's what's the problem. I've looked up finding how to fix the chroma error on VideoHelp forums, I think people uses Avisynth (Which I pretty don't know how to make a script). I've been using Handbrake to deinterlace and IVTC (For some programming I encoded), people tried encoding 1080i encodes CRF 18 or 17 and Slow or Very Slow preset, but I just prefer it Very Fast preset so I want the file size to be smaller and my laptop to be very fast. It looks a lot better anyways.

Now, I need help with this, geez.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, DJStarfish said:

I seem to have deleted that Arthur episode raw. But anyways here's one example for a different show. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkS1NZUK12bGh1sETCm_9ATUzeq_

Codec ID/Hint : XviD

Lol

Scan type : Progressive

Did you encode this before you uploaded it or is this what your capturing device spits out? If it is the first, can you please upload an unencoded sample? If it's the latter, PLEASE buy a better capturing device.

Edited by misseps

19 minutes ago, misseps said:

Codec ID/Hint : XviD

Lol

Scan type : Progressive

Did you encode this before you uploaded it or is this what your capturing device spits out? If it is the first, can you please upload an unencoded sample? If it's the latter, PLEASE buy a better capturing device.

Yeah I encoded before I uploaded. I used Elgato Game Capture HD via Component cables. I convert the TS file to MKV using MKVToolNix. If anyone wants to try properly deinterlace and IVTC using VirtualDub, go ahead! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkS1NZUK12bGh1xi_xWZb1s50sZJ

Handbrake doesn't seem to have that Chroma issue though. And your right, I may have to get an Avermedia or Hauppauge capture card in the near future.

12 hours ago, DJStarfish said:

Yeah I encoded before I uploaded. I used Elgato Game Capture HD via Component cables. I convert the TS file to MKV using MKVToolNix. If anyone wants to try properly deinterlace and IVTC using VirtualDub, go ahead! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkS1NZUK12bGh1xi_xWZb1s50sZJ

Handbrake doesn't seem to have that Chroma issue though. And your right, I may have to get an Avermedia or Hauppauge capture card in the near future.

Chroma might not be your only issue. It seems the video has blends even after fieldmatching or deinterlacing. Is this show made in a PAL country?

https://extraimage.net/images/2017/06/19/85e4fcb32891358f37513ae0dc84d51e.png

Posted (edited)

I use Virtualdub's capture mode to save with the Huffyuv codec. BIIIIIIIIG files (around 60GB for a half hour) but I don't have to worry about anything stupid happening to the interlacing as it's a lossless codec. (Well, unless it was stupid to begin with.)

Edited by dangerousvhs
1 person likes this