slowmo

"The Witcher" series will hit Netflix as a American-Polish co-production

firstwitcher011280jpg-7667b21280w-149502Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

Sapkowski - who does not profit from the game series  - will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.

It's not clear as yet what specific stories the series will follow. Executive producers Sean Daniel and Jason Brown (The Expanse), said: “The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

Platige Image, a Polish production and visual effects house will co-produce. Executive producers Baginski and Jarek Sawko emphasised that the books' subtexts will not be lost in the adaptation: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”

No release date, casting, or further directorial choices have been revealed at time of writing.

It will be a second adaptation of the book after disappointing series from 2002.

• Like 4

Wow, this is unexpected. I hope they don't screw it up.  This series has the potential to become my all time favorite. 

Edited by eljayflintok

I feel like Netflix has done such a good job on the vast majority of their self-produced stuff but idk how to feel about this one. I effing love the games but it just feels like a flop for some reason.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 12:59 PM, noob447 said:

I feel like Netflix has done such a good job on the vast majority of their self-produced stuff but idk how to feel about this one. I effing love the games but it just feels like a flop for some reason.

Probably because of all the stigmata of bad game to anime/movie/cartoon productions that epicly failed. I was afraid Castlevania would suck, but it was awesome. Maybe Netflix will do just as good this time, if not better. :)

49 minutes ago, pixxelherz said:

Looks and feels good so far! xD

Only issue is that was an entirely fan-made trailer. xD

It says so in the description.

◅ THIS VIDEO WAS MADE FOR FUN ▻ FOR PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT THE VIDEO IS FAKE... WELL, OBVIOUSLY I DIDN'T MAKE THIS VIDEO TOO FOOL OR SCAM ANYONE IT'S JUST A FAN TRAILER

I wonder what sources he used to create this with Mads.

24 minutes ago, Koby said:

Only issue is that was an entirely fan-made trailer.

I just noticed myself. Darn it.

New rumor: Millie Brady has been cast as Renfri in The Witcher. Millie will only be in the first episode and has a sex scene that they’re saying requires nudity.

https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comment_vhpZzghkgjNKzsoWOMBKxXKGFTadk88o.jpg

source: https://www.recapped.com/october-7-2018-rumors/

Also, another rumor: Anya Chalotra might be casted for the Yennefer role!

https://gfx.gexe.pl/2018/9/7/183237.1536337957.jpg

source: https://www.recapped.com/september-27-2018-rumors/

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MGPD
      Does anybody know how can I tell if a release is in fact, a real untouched Netflix rip or a re-encoded FlixGrab+ rip.
      For example, this release of, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas":

General
      Unique ID                                : 202831106586948822090528849552299365824 (0x9897D9A59628C5EC4CBC04D71B5595C0)
      Complete name                            : C:\Users\MGPD\Desktop\How.The.Grinch.Stole.Christmas.2000.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-eSc\How.The.Grinch.Stole.Christmas.2000.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-eSc.mkv
      Format                                   : Matroska
      Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
      File size                                : 4.35 GiB
      Duration                                 : 1 h 44 min
      Overall bit rate                         : 5 936 kb/s
      Encoded date                             : UTC 2018-12-19 00:29:29
      Writing application                      : mkvmerge v22.0.0 ('At The End Of The World') 64-bit
      Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.5 + libmatroska v1.4.8
      Video
      ID                                       : 1
      Format                                   : AVC
      Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
      Format profile                           : Main@L4
      Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
      Format settings, ReFrames                : 3 frames
      Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
      Bit rate                                 : 5 550 kb/s
      Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
      Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
      Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
      Frame rate mode                          : Constant
      Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
      Color space                              : YUV
      Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
      Bit depth                                : 8 bits
      Scan type                                : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.112
      Stream size                              : 4.07 GiB (93%)
      Default                                  : Yes
      Forced                                   : No
      Audio
      ID                                       : 2
      Format                                   : AC-3
      Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
      Format settings, Endianness              : Big
      Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
      Bit rate mode                            : Constant
      Bit rate                                 : 384 kb/s
      Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
      Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
      Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
      Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 spf)
      Bit depth                                : 16 bits
      Compression mode                         : Lossy
      Delay relative to video                  : -41 ms
      Stream size                              : 288 MiB (6%)
      Language                                 : English
      Service kind                             : Complete Main
      Text
      ID                                       : 3
      Format                                   : UTF-8
      Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
      Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
      Duration                                 : 1 h 43 min
      Bit rate                                 : 61 b/s
      Count of elements                        : 1861
      Stream size                              : 46.6 KiB (0%)
      Language                                 : English
      (I actually don't know from where this was ripped, neither the post where I found it say it, but what makes me think it's in fact from Netflix, is the 3 "ReFrames", and because the subtitles at the end of the film, said this: 
      "Subtitles downloaded with 'Netflix subtitle downloader' UserScript by Tithen-Firion.", so I assumed the movie was actually ripped from Netflix, because of those things).

So, my question is: Is this a FlixGrab+ or an untouched Netflix rip? What else can I do to know once and for all?

One thing that makes me doubt it's an untouched rip, is that it has a Constant Bitrate, and to my knowledge Netflix uses Variable Bitrate for their videos, also, the audio is 384 kb/s and I though Netflix now uses 640 kb/s for 5.1 or Atmos, (which in this case, doesn't apply).

I'd appreciate the help, thanks!

• By Revoltado
      Friends, I'm doing my tool to download Netflix file could you take a look and tell me what's missing? I'm looking for everything on closed sites and the guy who sells me does not respond anymore..rsrs so I'm doing it on my own if you could help me I'm grateful https://www.mediafire.com/file/m28uwxw1be0h34v/Tool_NF.rar/file
    • By monator
      Hello:

FlixGrab is an excellent program, in which you can download movies, series and documentaries, from the netflix platform.
      The program is very easy to use, just put the link to the netflix video, the program will detect it and you will have several options available which include:

- Download the audio that contains the chapter, for example, english, spanish ect.
      - Download the video in several resolutions, for example, 480p, 720p and 1080p.
      - Download queue (payment version)

The program has the free version and the payment.

In the free you can download any content without any problem.
      In the payment has the option of download queue, you can download without interruptions.

But before you can do all this, you must log in with a netflix account.
      In this link https://www.freegrabapp.com/flixgrab
      It shows a small tutorial on how to use it and the link to download it

If they have any problem with the download, when downloading anything
      they have a page to report the errors.
      https://www.freegrabapp.com/bug-reporting

The creators of this great application give quick solutions to problems.
      In addition to this they have other programs that may interest them.

P.S. Who can donate, do it

Thank you for your attention.

• By Kakashi_Hatake
      digitalmaza.org
      go here
      https://www.digitalmaza.org/forums/premium-account-and-premium-browser.5/
    • By hotdog88
      For anyone who might find it useful, DVDVideoSoft released a new tool for downloading low resolution videos from Netflix (at the time of writing).
      Following is a copy of Torrentfreak's article about it (https://torrentfreak.com/tool-downloads-any-netflix-video-instantly-161228/):

New Tool Downloads Any Netflix Video Instantly
      By Ernesto on December 28, 2016 C: 178 News   There's a new tool on the market that offers something many people have been desperately looking for. With 'Free Netflix Downloader' people can download videos from Netflix instantly, on Windows at least. The first of its kind tool appears to work surprisingly well, despite the lack of high definition video quality.
      A few weeks ago Netflix announced that it would allow users to download a small selection of videos for offline use, on mobile devices.
      While this is a great step forward, there’s also a large group of users who would like to do the same with other videos on other operating systems.
      Free Netflix Downloader is application that offers exactly this. Developed by DVDVideoSoft, it is the first Windows application that allows people to download Netflix videos to their computers through an easy-to-use interface.
      After logging in to Netflix, users simply enter the video URL and ‘Free Netflix Downloader’ then downloads any video in a few minutes. The tool also offers the option to convert the output files to AVI, MP3, or a version optimized for iPhone and iPad.
      “This is the ONLY app in the world that can do this trick now!” DVDVideoSoft’s Alex informs TF.
      The software supports multiple downloads at the same time and according to the developer, it is ideal for people who have slow Internet connections, among other things.
      “[It is intended for] users with slow Internet connections, for those who like to store everything on their computer, for those who don’t have smart TVs; it’s also great for downloading a whole series season at a time,” Alex says.

Free Netflix Downloader in action

While ‘Free Netflix Downloader’ works as advertised, there is also a major drawback. The video quality appears to be rather low and certainly not what people are used to when watching Netflix.
      The developers don’t go into detail on this issue but say higher quality video may follow later. However, it’s likely that Netflix’s higher resolution video is better protected, which makes it much harder to rip.
      Finally, it should be stressed that people who use the tool might violate Netflix’s Terms of Service, which forbids users to archive or download content without permission. This is also the main reason why Netflix and rightsholders are probably not too fond of the service.
      For now, Free Netflix Downloader’s developers don’t anticipate any pushback from Netflix. However, they realize that this could change if their software becomes very popular in the future.
      “Maybe if the program becomes very popular,” Alex says, but she also notes that Netflix just created its own downloader feature for mobile users.
      For now, however, the tool is still freely available. More information on ‘Free Netflix Downloader’ and its capabilities is available at DVDVideoSoft’s official site. As always, those who are interested should proceed at their own risk.