[Guide] Installing MPC-HC with madVR, LAVFilters, XySubFilter, and Icaros

Koby

27 minutes ago, mikezilla2 said:

Klite used to have a bunch of redundant codecs  i wonder if they fixed that

there is also the Shark codec pack but think i might stick with what koby suggested unless CCCP do anhother update perhaps

guides easy enough to follow  Shame about KCP tho

J-Lite mostly just has most available codecs, a few info tools, 32-bit and 64-bit versions of codecs, etc., as well as being 100% customizable to where you don't need to install what you don't want installed. Its updates are the same way. You can choose to install updates for everything or just what you want. In the past, most of the stuff was mandatory about 5 years ago. They have since made everything optional.

16 hours ago, Envisch said:

What about K-lite codec pack https://www.codecguide.com/about_kl.htm, it look to be constantly updated and has MPC-HC, LAVFilters, XySubFilter and madVR. 

I'd rather go for Shark007's codec pack. It cleanly installs everything what @Koby suggests, even the preview generator, and is still being updated. 

Edited by eljayflintok
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Just now, Toddler Naruto said:

I started installing the 64 bit LAV exe and it autodirects to the x86 folder, so this isn't the LAVFilters x64 release.

I need to use the LAVFilters x64 release, refuse to touch the x86 version.

It is 64 bit.. just redirect it. Hell check the install log heh. Every program is 64bit even madvr...