Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name) Japanese Blu-ray/DVD Release Date Finally Announced

basheer_naimi

3DFGM3T.jpgThe official website for Makoto Shinkai's your name. anime film revealed that the film's July 26 release on Blu-ray Disc and DVD will include Japanese, English, and Chinese subtitles. The releases will also include an audio track with RADWIMPS' English theme songs, but the release will not include an English dub.

The five-disc Collector's Edition 4K Ultra Blu-ray Disc release will include video bonus features such as promotional, event, and music videos, as well as video storyboards and making-of videos. The release will bundle a 100-page booklet, pocket script, and mini character stickers. The release will cost 12,000 yen (about US$105). The three-disc Special Edition Blu-ray Disc release will bundle the booklet and stickers and cost 7,800 yen (US$68). The Standard Edition Blu-ray Disc release will include the main film disc and stickers for 4,800 yen (US$42). The Standard Edition DVD release will also include the stickers and cost 3,800 yen (US$33).

Funimation announced its license of the anime for theatrical and home video release last July. The film opened in Japan on August 26 and in North America on April 7.

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD releases of Shinkai's The Garden of Words and 5 Centimeters Per Second anime films also included English subtitles in Japan.

TOHO began streaming a promotional video and a 15-second ad for the Blu-ray Disc and DVD releases. Lead voice actors Ryunosuke Kamiki (Taki) and Mone Kamishiraishi (Mitsuha) introduce the promotional video.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koby said:

No it's not.

Gundam Thunderbolt already had a 4K Blu-ray. Also Resident Evil: Vendetta has been announced to have a 4K Blu-ray release planned.

any word on whether or not this was actually drawn and animated at 4k though? I want to know if I need to actually start investing in my UHDClub account <.<

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, basheer_naimi said:

Really?!! 

I didn't see any Anime before this available in 4K

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-ULTRA-HD-Blu-ray

Gundam Thunderbolt had a 4K Blu-ray. I believe it was the first, but idk if anything else came before it or not for sure. Also Resident Evil: Vendetta has been announced to have a 4K Blu-ray release planned for this Summer.

2 minutes ago, Catar said:

any word on whether or not this was actually drawn and animated at 4k though? I want to know if I need to actually start investing in my UHDClub account <.<

No idea to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Damn, where do you find the time to manage all this? You probably spend more time managing this stuff than actually watching xD

About two hours to figure out how to install it, make it run on startup, and configure it for my setup, then another hour or two to test out filters and configurations, then it was done. Compare that to signing in every night and morning to get my shows, or the hours and hours and hours and hours spent setting up RSS feeds, regexes, scripts to move shows on completion, etc.

Sonarr saves me so much time. 

now, if you wanted to bring up how much time I spend working on stupid anime projects rather than actually watching the damn shows... that's another story =P

4 minutes ago, jazzie said:

Great news I was expecting an October release and certainly not 4k. I wonder if it's an upscale.

Apparently it is in fact a 1080p upscale from what I'm been told. However with 4K, it's not really about the resolution most of the times that gives it an edge. It's the better HDR (High Dynamic Range) which gives you a lot better colors and overall image.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Koby said:

Apparently it is in fact a 1080p upscale from what I'm been told. However with 4K, it's not really about the resolution most of the times that gives it an edge. It's the better HDR (High Dynamic Range) which gives you a lot better colors and overall image.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging

Is HDR really going to have an impact on ANIME viewing?!!

5 hours ago, DJHulp said:

Yes definally if we are going to get the Studio Ghibli Movies as UHD Discs. We can only dream! xD

Most of Studio Ghibli Movies movies have been released in MGVC BDs, which is 12 bit color (if I am not mistaken). Sadly, there are no software decoders for it and hardware ones are pretty expensive or not available outside Japan.