Koby

What is your preferred method of downloading?

Preferred Download Method  

399 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred method of downloading?

6 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

The browser extension will be fine for your general day to day browsing or bypassing geolocation restrictions and/or direct downloading from websites (but can be slow is usually a paid service). Yup no worries. To be honest HexChat takes no time at all to setup and connect to the channels. It also makes it possible to join multiple channels and have everything under one interface (and of course download stuff). There are plenty of us around here who can help you set it up if need be.

Since the browser addon doesn't protect against downloading torrents, is it the same with magnet. Thanks I think I'll try the webchat first and see how it goes.

1 minute ago, blackblades said:

Since the browser addon doesn't protect against downloading torrents, is it the same with magnet. Thanks I think I'll try the webchat first and see how it goes.

Correct it would be the same. As soon as its loaded into your torrent client (doesn't matter how it got there) it's public to your ISP. Apart from a few other things, the magnet link connects directly to the tracker and peers and actually downloads the structure and contents of the torrent from them. Alright sounds good o7. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Most of the encoders upload their stuff in mega my most download method is mega or drive,I use mega link downloader and IDM to download the stuff.Torrents for ongoings only bcz of the seeding is good.I pay hefty amount to internet for high speed I can't wait for hours to get what I want,so my first preference is file host>torrents>xdcc

I prefer XDCC  the most. though I use torrents more since I can auto download episodes as they come out with RSS.