Topken

Anime Torrent Site NYAA Goes Down After Domain Name Deactivation

Can anyone tell me if one of the mentioned Nyaa-alternatives has a similar subscription function?

6 minutes ago, Scyrous said:

Can anyone tell me if one of the mentioned Nyaa-alternatives has a similar subscription function?

Eh, all of the Nyaa copycats don't even have the option to upload to them or even their own tracker at this point. Work is still being done to some of them and being committed to github as it goes, but doesn't really seem like they intend to be anymore than an archive for Nyaa stuff before the fall rather than a replacement going forward. HorribleSubs on the other hand alludes to some group of people planning to do just that, so we'll have to see.

Anyways I suggested the subscription idea along with some other suggestions to Holo of AniDex and he seemed to like it so it's very possible it'll be introduced in some of the forecoming updates, especially since he's finally got all the bugs worked out and got the server to where it can finally handle the load it's getting in the wake of Nyaa.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Koby said:

Anyways I suggested the subscription idea along with some other suggestions to Holo of AniDex and he seemed to like it so it's very possible it'll be introduced in some of the forecoming updates, especially since he's finally got all the bugs worked out and got the server to where it can finally handle the load it's getting in the wake of Nyaa.

I've been emailing with him as well with suggestions and things and getting some good feedback. I'm liking how Anidex is progressing, and AnimeTosho has already thrown in behind it as well.

Anidex looks like the solid replacement so far.

Gosh I go away for a week and this goes down, one thing I'd like to know about this new EU  law is it for people seeding or downloading as well?

16 minutes ago, Shu Ouma said:

That's really sad to hear. Isn't there any possible way to make the tracker announce work again.

As far as I know, there isn't without a tracker at the same location opening up and even then, the server data is supposedly gone, so everything would need scrubbed and redone from scratch anyway.

• Like 1

was sad to here im still trying to find out where some of the uploaders have gone now liek PHF, RH, if anyone know where there uploading now that would be great this is also gonna slow down alot of the FUNI-DL stuff too subs will recover more so than Dubs and Dual

3 minutes ago, blazemanau said:

was sad to here im still trying to find out where some of the uploaders have gone now liek PHF, RH, if anyone know where there uploading now that would be great this is also gonna slow down alot of the FUNI-DL stuff too subs will recover more so than Dubs and Dual

PHF said he quit sharing temporarily for now: https://projects.kametsu.com/1228/the-death-of-nyaa-and-what-it-means-going-forward#comment-3575

RH has started sharing some stuff here on the forum and on AniDex.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blazemanau said:

aww man i like his my hero academia s2 encodes since they were 720 and not over 1gb each

You can try Beaves encode for me its pretty much the same..

Edited by putangina14

1 hour ago, mikezilla2 said:

@Koby how do you feel about using demonoid as an extra tracker url/ back up ? 

Demonoid's been dead or sketchy for years. Also, I don't think any of us feel like venturing back into public all-purpose indexes again. After KAT died I don't think anyone here has ventured out of anime-specific trackers since. 

well there  has been problems with demonoid but if i recall its back in the original owners hands at this point  which apparently was stalling growth   that being said i noticed they no longer have a forum

the demonoid alternative domain was in action we had just that one extra back up tracker option   it would be Nice to have that again 

and not to steel the topics thunder but it would also be a good time perhaps to Address the problem of hosting content that isn't anime ie cartoons

2 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

sZoUCme.png

source: http://horriblesubs.info/#comment-3295733204

I wonder how things will play out

Wherever horriblesubs ends up is pretty important actually; they're probably the most prominent name out there to the non-fansub community. 

Depending on functionality/layout/who is actually running this 'nyaa v2', I may mirror there as well.

• Like 3

Sounds like HS have a hand in it, enough that they know whats going on & that it's going to be better then the current trackers. It still has exactly the same issues that Nyaa had but unless they host it somewhere that's not in the US or Europe & doesn't care so much about copyright laws, maybe North Korea?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vaux said:

host it somewhere that's not in the US or Europe & doesn't care so much about copyright laws, maybe North Korea?

I lol'd.

They said sometime tonight (last night) and still no news yet. Guess they ran into problems or something...

Just now, Cryptic said:

I lol'd.

They said sometime tonight (last night) and still no news yet. Guess they ran into problems or something...

And Commie said they would have their new site up over the weekend and we're now halfway through the week.

This is why I chose Anidex; so far Holo's reacted remarkably quick and been making constant improvements. Also AnimeTosho chose them too, so win-win.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:17 AM, blazemanau said:

https://anidex.info/?id=1&q=PHF

https://anidex.info/?id=1&q=RH

• Like 1