How's your hard drive doing?

joske

My internals are going great, I have 2X 640GB WD HDD with 334 days of powered on status they are partitioned to smaller parts for other OSes, and a 2TB WD HDD with 56 days of power on status and it is used for pure anime alone with less than 1GB of space left. External ones I have a desk 160GB LaCie HDD with like 10GB of free space left, a desk 500GB WD HDD with 40GB of free space left, 2X USB portable WD HDD with 500GB one is USB 3.0 and the other is USB 2.0 both of them have pretty much 400GB left of space.

I actually have a lot of hard drives laying around. I have three external drives: a 250GB, a 640GB, and a 1TB drive. Internally in my desktop I then have three drives: a 40GB SSD that runs the operating system (computer is much snappier that way), a 500GB HDD that runs programs and has music, then a internal 1TB that has all of my shows (much anime of course!), movies, and games.

To keep it going, I also have an HDX18t laptop with two 250GB hard drives in it.

Surprisingly, I've never had a hard drive fail on me :-p

Hmm

C Drive S***BEWACKYO (I said it as a joke, was challenged. Kept it as such) 250gigabyte Samsung Sp2504c

E Drive Revenant 1.5 terabyte WD Green

F Drive Nerv 2 terabyte WD Green

G Drive Evangelion 2 terabyte WD Green

Y Drive Yami 2 terabyte WD Green

Z Drive Lilith 1 Terabyte WD Green

Yes I know, I have the eco friendly ones as all the bigs, and not that good for the small, but meh - will likely replace the C with an SSD sometime next year

Please note: actual number capacity is of course different, so im just going to post that

First number is full, second is total space avail

C 169gb/232gb (63.5gb free)

E 971gb/1.36tb (426gb free)

F 1.81tb/1.81tb (1.28gb free)

G 1.81tb/1.81tb (1.50gb free)

Y 1.57tb/1.81tb (252gb free)

Z 63vg/931gb (296gb free)

Contents of drives

C - Windows,utilities,current unsorted torrents

E - Games, Select movies,Overflow Series

F - Series/Cartoons

G - Unwatched Dual Audio Anime

Y - All else anime including watched,subbed,etc - and manga

Z - Phone memory backup, assorted program backups, most of unsorted/random files, music, jdownloader unsorted files

Theres also a 320gb external that has all the robotech ISOs on it atm (ripped from a library copy a friend bought over)

And a 1tera external which is over half full of game ISOs

I have waaaaay too much stuff, people love me at lans though (When you have it all already, you seed!)

I've got a 1tb seagate running my os and a 3tb wd my book essentials that I keep all my anime and stuff on. I'm slowly moving all my stuff off my os drive so I can re-install windows eventually. I got so lucky with my 3tb drive I got it from futureshop for $109 cause the label had an out of date price on it and was supposed to be $149, and even more now. If I had that opportunity again I would have gotten 4 lol. When hard drive prices go back down I plan on getting 4 2tb drives for raid 10 storage

I have 3 External HDD:

My iomega 250GB HDD was almost at full capacity so I just went and bought a new 2TB WD Element HDD a day ago, which I have already filled 292GB of it =). My other 2TB WD My Book is dead at the moment and I need to get it replaced, I lost about 300GB of data which is pretty depressing. The WD My Book only lasted 3 months but that was because none of my family had respect for it, always taking it out without safely removing it and stepping on it and knocking the cable out so it was bound to happen, but now with my new one they're not allowed within a metre of it =).

Why are your deleting? Hopefully not anime! They make 3TB HDDs go buy one lol.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

I have a 640 2.5 internal HDD w/ 544GB free space (i compress my files). A external setup using Thermaltake's BlacX Duet, which is VERY VERY VERY nice with my 1TB HDD with 177GB free (326GB of my 1TB is anime). But, the great thing about my external setup is that each slot of the duet supports storage up to 2TB :oh: and is completely hot swap-able:greedy:!!! Which in conclusion, i will never run out of space for anime.

renovalentine, how do you view .mkv on your xbox? or are you converting them?

:byebye:

Cheers,

Gambit

i have 2 500GB hard drive one i only use for programs E.g games and shit but the other is for all my anime =] but unfortunately i only have 42GB left on it =[ which makes me sad so when i get some money im buying this which is awesome for the money check it out:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Platinum-104102-MyDrive-Portable-External/dp/B004XBCVXG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2EHMO7IO2R8RO&colid=167EHME49VQ1Y

Sorry its a massive link

160 GB internal divided into 2 partitions. I try not to put much on them except for stuff site or graphical related. However I got about 40 GB's free on each partition.

Then I got a 1 TB external hard drive, which is down to only about 100 GB's free.

I try to get stuff burned to disc when I can to save space. I got at least 6 or 7 TB's of stuff burnt to dvd discs. Got 2 cases that hold 400+ discs full, got 2 cases that hold 100 full, and 2 cases that hold 48 discs full. Plus I got some in the single cd disc cases, and some in the bundle things that the discs come in when you buy them. =P

wow you sound a lot like me only my cd cases are full of the DVD's i bought. i do have a 128 only for my hard copy anime i.e.-ronin warriors, s-cry-ed, etc.

640GB internal 2.5inch hdd - 544gb free on my "media" partition.

1tb external 3.5 inch hdd (slot 2 in my thermaltake blacX duet) 177gb free

comming soon 2tb 3.5 inch hdd in slot 1

I have 3x 120GB SSDs for my OSes, downloads, and other data. - this stuffs maybe half full at most

Then 2x 2TB HDDs in raid for storage of Anime/Movies/Games ect. - Ive got ~1.5TB still free

outside my comp I have a 3TB HDD inside a media centre thing which i have copies of all my videos on

my 1TB external drive is basically empty though.

• 1 year later...