Sign in to follow this  
Pacific85

Is rage quitting a problem?

As long as no one is throw controller at other people, and breaking their own things, I don't see an issue with a little rage quit every now and again.

Personally, I get annoyed when streamers rage after a game.

On 4/15/2017 at 12:24 AM, MoonKnight said:

I don't know...displaying some rage makes me feel like less of a quitter somehow :)

Probably because you can no longer do anything in game, so raging makes you feel like you're still doing something? (except you're not, really)

I think a bigger plague is the culture that has sprung up around rage-shaming. These days if you play online and you decide you've had enough for the day at the end of the day... well, if you lose before you shut it off, you get accused of "rage quitting." If you play until you have a victory to avoid that, you still get accused of rage quitting. It's almost like you have to be good enough to win every challenger you meet or you aren't allowed to stop playing (and it's almost like some people use this as a way of insinuating that you shouldn't have started to play at all). Shares a lot of similarities with "trolling" in that regard, where people just abuse the word until it doesn't have any meaning left.

It’s personalized. But no, it’s just a lame gamer. Do it again and again. Do it like Gamers in the good old times. Again and again until you beat this )/&:))/!!!!!!! game. ;)

On 9/26/2018 at 9:23 AM, PhoenixPress said:

I think a bigger plague is the culture that has sprung up around rage-shaming. These days if you play online and you decide you've had enough for the day at the end of the day... well, if you lose before you shut it off, you get accused of "rage quitting." If you play until you have a victory to avoid that, you still get accused of rage quitting. It's almost like you have to be good enough to win every challenger you meet or you aren't allowed to stop playing (and it's almost like some people use this as a way of insinuating that you shouldn't have started to play at all). 

And this is EXACTLY why I don't play online games.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:03 AM, Inverti said:

And this is EXACTLY why I don't play online games.

Same boat. Pisses some of my friends off. "Why don't you have XBOX Live?! What the fuck, dude?!"

Whatever, man.

• Like 1