What game have you spent the MOST time playing?

thisisatrial

The only single game that comes to mind is TESV Skyrim - I've sunk nearly 500 confirmed hours into the game since its release.

It's definitely more than that though, that 500 hour estimate is derived from the playtime of the game saves I still have.

Between the scope of the game, the DLCs and mods, it's a nearly bottomless timesink. (I've apparently sunk 124 hours in the Creation Kit aside from any actual playtime)

These are always fun, make you look back at how much time you've wasted (not).

For single player it's probably Final Fantasy 8 or Pokémon Red/Blue, played trough Final Fantasy 8 maaany times, multiple short playthroughs and then hit the red 99.59 hours played twice I think, I've probably played Pokémon more though, me and my brother played the hell out of that game, hit 255 hours played pretty darn fast. I think i still got 3 copies of it somewhere.

That doesn't compare to multiplayer games though, first it was Counter Strike Source which i remember having between 3000-4000 hours played over a few years. After Source I got into WoW and man that consumed ALL my time, raids 7 days a week, thinking back now I don't know how I managed, not a chance I could to it today. By the time I quit my highest played character had little over 500 days played (12000 hours) with a one or two other characters and 100-200 days played, all combined i probably weren't too far from hitting a 1000 days played, between 100 and 200 is probably afk time though.

Might seem like a waste to many but I made so many good friends even a very special friend so I wouldn't take it back for anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to say. Over the years I've racked up 2500+ hours each on Mabinogi, Warframe, and the original Guild Wars. Definitely one of those three though.

When you have played a game for seven or more years... the time adds up. Even if you only spend a half dozen hours every weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Skyrim wins this for me, 200+ hours or so on first play through on the old xbox 360 and another 30 or more on PC until i accidentally fucked it up with some mods. Mass effect 2 would be close now, i have done 3 full (completionist) playthroughs with all DLC and each of those is over 45 hours. i think Mass effect andromeda will take over the lead very soon, i out over 100 hours into one playthrough and another 30ish in multiplayer and i think ill do another playthrough soon.

I will say though halo 3 could win this but i just really dont know how many hours as it was so long ago, i finished the campaign (either in full or randomly plsying levels) near 10 times and played a lot of MP with my brother. Also if we want to count runescape well theres probably at least 1000 hours in that or more, average level is probably 80 with several high 90s and and several more low 90s

Edited by thearbiter117

I'm nearing 4000 hours on my RuneScape account... jeez. What's even more shocking is that I made that account in April 2014, so atleast several hours a day for 2 years straight. I pretty much stopped playing about 6 months ago though. Binge-watching anime is more entertaining. :)

Edited by Scyrous

Skyrim is definitely the king of time sinks. 500hrs and i haven't even completed 5 of the main quests. Curse you forgettable NPCs with endless side quests. Mass Effect is also another time eater, lost count of the hrs put in it, but already on my fourth run of all 3 and waiting to buy 4. Also Transistor, a short game but so very much pleasant to play time and time again in a loop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...