Three search limit

Insanityngenius

On 21/08/2017 at 11:20 PM, mcmxcixmm said:

The search limitations on Kametsu are the worst I have ever encountered on any website on the Internet, by far.

Get on our level.

They are there for a reason and should  reduce when you obtain a higher rank. Otherwise just be more specific for what you are looking for the first time around

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

Get on our level.

They are there for a reason and should  reduce when you obtain a higher rank. Otherwise just be more specific for what you are looking for the first time around

Look, it's somewhat reasonable to limit searches to once every 30 seconds.

It is absolutely in no way whatsoever reasonable to limit viewing search results (for a single search) to one page every 30 seconds! ¬¬

And that's without mentioning the fact that the search system is horribly broken, meaning that you often can't be "more specific" the first time. (Try searching for a show with an apostrophe in the title, for example.)

On 24/08/2017 at 0:07 AM, mcmxcixmm said:

And that's without mentioning the fact that the search system is horribly broken, meaning that you often can't be "more specific" the first time. (Try searching for a show with an apostrophe in the title, for example.)

https://kametsu.com/search/?&q=Kiki's Delivery Service&sortby=relevancy managed to bring up search results with "kiki's" in it and matching it exactly, what was the example you used? 

Also I know once upon a time, the other thing you could do is encase your search in inverted commas and that would force the site to search for exactly what you typed. 

Re: the search time limit, that might be something to bring up as feedback for Koby when he is back (no eta at this stage)

• 2 months later...

Getting limited from being able to go to page 2 of the results is dumb as hell and shouldn't be happening. If it is, then it's something that'll hopefully be fixed in a later version (if it hasn't already been). Unfortunately I have no way of adjusting this other than editing the flood control period.

In any event I've lessened the search flood controls.

Crusader-0 and Guests still have a 60 second wait.

Crusaders have a 15 second wait.

Crusader+ have a 10 second wait.

Donators and Staff have no wait.

Cutting down Crusader+ and Crusaders to half their wait times should hopefully improve things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/21/2017 at 6:20 AM, mcmxcixmm said:

The search limitations on Kametsu are the worst I have ever encountered on any website on the Internet, by far.

I used to have to wait all the time when doing searches, I haven't noticed recently though. It was a bit annoying having to wait, but I looked at it as being protection from having idiots causing problems on the site and causing a lot of down time so in the end I thought it was a good thing despite having to wait.