Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Charlie Brown

Tuneskit
iTunes DRM Remover for Windows / Mac 2017

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@NickFan No, that used to work for a short time but Apple quickly patched it.

Anyway, @DJHulp and others, as I said, despite any perceived difference in file size and bitrate reported by MediaInfo (which can be often inaccurate, the difference is likely caused by the removal of some metadata but that does not affect video quality – and note that most encodes are variable bitrate nowadays, so MediaInfo will only display an average bitrate, and sometimes a maximum), TunesKit does losslessly remove DRM from the video. Frame snapshots simply won't hash to the exact same value if it's reencoded in any way. (And AC3 5.1 audio is losslessly preserved too, but I don't see anyone arguing with that, and you really can't argue with that one anyway as it's the exact same size and a direct hash check matches). However, you still have to employ Requiem for AAC 2.0 audio, which for 1080p means redownloading in iTunes 10.7 (SD should be enough for that, don't need to use 720p – but if you also plan to release 720p then just use that).

I've never used macOS so I don't know, but not being able to actually play the video in a virtual machine is normal. As long as you can get it authorized, Requiem and TunesKit should be able to decrypt it. I use iTunes 10.7 on Windows 7 in VirtualBox without any problem.

Edited by nyuszika7h

Posted (edited)

I've had success with nyuszika7h's method, but was wondering if there was a way to retain the thumb image and subtitles/cc's when re-muxing the audio. I can't figure it out with ffmpeg so I don't even know if it's possible.

Edited by i86time

Posted (edited)

@i86time You need to use -map 0 -map 1:a:0 (assuming the first input file is TunesKit's), and then if you didn't tell TunesKit to exclude the AAC audio, also add -map -0:a:0. Make sure to use -c copy which copies every track without reencoding. FFmpeg doesn't always play nice with cover art though, so it might error when trying to copy it as it sees it as a video track.

Edited by nyuszika7h

On 4/18/2017 at 2:06 AM, nyuszika7h said:

@i86time You need to use -map 0 -map 1:a:0 (assuming the first input file is TunesKit's), and then if you didn't tell TunesKit to exclude the AAC audio, also add -map -0:a:0. Make sure to use -c copy which copies every track without reencoding. FFmpeg doesn't always play nice with cover art though, so it might error when trying to copy it as it sees it as a video track.

Hmm, I've been trying multiple map options and I just can't get it to spit out the closed captions by themselves. I even tried appending the original .aac track from the 720p Requiem file to the 1080p Tuneskit file and it still doesn't produce a file with the thumbnail or closed captions. Maybe it's just not possible?

Posted (edited)

@i86time FFmpeg doesn't really like the EIA-608 closed caption format. You will have to tell it to copy it to a container like .mp4 or .mkv. To extract them in usable form, use CCExtractor on the .m4v / .mp4 file with the closed captions. Make sure to set the format to MP4 in "Input options" and the encoding to UTF-8 in "Output (2)". I also recommend using "Center text by removing left and right spaces", as most players ignore such attempts at positioning SRT with spaces anyway. If you really want to preserve the original formatting, set the output type to TTML in "Output (1)".

Edited by nyuszika7h

Posted (edited)

So just wondering, for the cracked version of TunesKit, would it be safe to update it or would that break the crack? And which versions specifically work for it? I've tried with 12.5.1 and I get an error saying TunesKit failed to launch iTunes. It launches iTunes, but then instantly crashes (iTunes, not TunesKit)

Edit: I got it working now with iTunes 12.0.1

Edited by ElectricAngel

@ElectricAngel It may break after an update so it's best not to update unless you can find an updated TunesKit version. This version worked fine on 12.5 for me.

dvdfab 10.0.3.5 works with 1080p, but the file size is different from the original Due to bitrate

link for dvdfab 

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/Z10M13AM/file.html

#1 install the program

#2 copy the file ldrDVDFab_10035_beta in the folder where you installed dvdfab

#3 Make a ldrDVDFab_10035_beta shortcut  and open from there.

2nree54.jpg

2b76kl.jpg

@tomasuhd I don't know about DVDFab, but from what I read, it's the same as TunesKit, lossless except for the AAC audio. The biggest part of the file size difference is due to that. Like I said, the video bitrate difference is likely because it's just an average and some invisible metadata is stripped. It's probably calculated from the video track's size and the duration. Take frame snapshots and compare the hash (e.g. SHA-256) of those to Requiem to easily confirm whether the video is losslessly preserved.

Edited by nyuszika7h

3 hours ago, sunnyTRIO said:

Since this thread is about iTunes DRM remover, I think some people will find this software useful. It's called "Tunescopy" from Leawo.

And it completely FREE for today ONLY.

So if someone is interested can grab a copy here https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/tunescopy/#

Thanks for the link.  Claims to be compatible with "iTunes 12.0.0.0 or later". 

Its website keeps making claims that it is "50 Times Faster".  So I was thinking "50 Times faster than WHAT?".  Faster than Requiem?  No.  Faster than TunesKit?  No.  The answer:  50 Times Faster than "Screen Capture".  LOL  :grimace:

9 hours ago, slick1109 said:

Thanks for the link.  Claims to be compatible with "iTunes 12.0.0.0 or later". 

Its website keeps making claims that it is "50 Times Faster".  So I was thinking "50 Times faster than WHAT?".  Faster than Requiem?  No.  Faster than TunesKit?  No.  The answer:  50 Times Faster than "Screen Capture".  LOL  :grimace:

LOL .....

Just out of curiosity, I tried M4VGear and NoteBurner. The two apps are exactly the same, the only differences seem to be the name and the colors. Also, the crack/patch doesn't work for either of them. They say I'm registered but still only convert the first minute. The log file complains about a missing license.dat.

Edited by nyuszika7h