Charlie Brown

iTunes DRM Remover for Windows / Mac 2017

On 2017-02-11 at 4:24 AM, DoubleLxx said:

I tried the NoteBurner program, but when I tried to convert a video, it just converts the first minute.

Can anybody help me, please?

(My iTunes version is 11.1.5.5).

Yes, the trial version will only do the first minute with NoteBurner. I don't know of a crack? Maybe a friend here can help with that?

I use a paid version and was just trying to share info regarding on what's working for myself. I would recommend purchasing a key for yourself if you do many series and movies.

Also, you can use the latest version of iTunes with this and have no issues.

On 2/11/2017 at 1:05 AM, DawnShadow. said:

Thanks, but Tuneskit will only work with 12.5.0 which is specifically why I need it.

From TuneKits site...

Spoiler

What's New about TunesKit for Windows v.2.8.5 - 01/20/2017

1) Optimized user interface by fixing the incomplete display issue of drop-down menu when selecting multiple output subtitles and audio tracks;

2) Fixed some other minor bugs.

What's New about TunesKit for Windows v.2.8.4 - 12/23/2016

1) Added support to file filter and file search;

2) Optimized user interface;

3) Fixed some minor bugs.

What's New about TunesKit for Windows v.2.8.3 - 09/18/2016

1) Added support to iTunes 12.5.1.

• Like 1

Really want to find a new way to losslessly remove DRM...

Does anybody know what iT00NZ is using now? They are still releasing 1080p videos

Tuneskit wont work, if anyone purchased it, could u send the activation code and email in my PM please, I have a ton of iTunes shows I need to convert.

ITunes V10.7.0.21 + Requiem V4.1.0.0 + Java 8 Update 121 + Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise X64 (B1607).

I have tested today and it just works! ;) 

Update: Only 720P Works, 1080P Doesn't work! :(

Edited by DJHulp

The new version of DVDFab claims to remove iTunes encryption.

This is a quote from their site:

Unlike other similar solutions on the market which simply record a lossy audio or video file from the source file, DVDFab DRM Removal actually strips DRM encryptions off completely and permanently. Moreover, it yields lossless audio and video files with identical quality to the originals, without changing any details such as the bit rate, frame rate, and aspect ratio etc, even the ID tags can also be preserved.

http://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-removal.htm

Edited by NickFan
  • Like 2

More Information:

For DRM Removal, there is a known problem when displaying the music playlist, some of songs might not be displayed, which will be fixed soon in the next version, together with other minor issues.

New: Introduced the DVDFab DRM Removal to remove DRM encryptions from relevant Apple contents. More Info: http://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-removal.htm
New: Improved the support for the Blu-ray BluPath.
Fix: A failure problem when converting DVD/Blu-ray sources with AVI XVID profile.
Fix: A crash problem when starting DVDFab in certain cases.
Fix: Some minor changes and improvements.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?p=194624#post194624

10 hours ago, NickFan said:

The new version of DVDFab claims to remove iTunes encryption.

Trial is useless as it has watermark

original_dvdfab_trial.jpg

wait for crack

Spoiler

If you like it, buy it and support the company that made it

Edited by Charlie Brown

TunesKit does actually work as advertised and losslessly removes DRM from video including 1080p and AC3 5.1 audio in iTunes 12.5 (haven't tried with 12.6 yet). On first look, the output file size is slightly smaller than the original, and the video track extracted with ffmpeg is also ~700 kB smaller in my test, but it finished pretty quickly and my laptop's fans were quiet the whole time, unlike when I do an encode with x264. Upon closer inspection, I took frame snapshots from both a previously DRM-stripped version of the same movie (Tini: El gran cambio de Violetta) using Requiem and TunesKit's output, and I've found the output images to be completely identical – they have the same SHA-256 hash. The AC3 track already has the same SHA-256 hash by itself upon extracting. However, the AAC 2.0 audio track is about 20 MB smaller, which is pretty suspicious and suggests it is reencoded. I have no idea why iTunes would protect the AAC audio more than AC3, but at least for now, Requiem can still be used to losslessly extract the AAC audio. It's generally not necessary when AC3 audio is present, though, as most players supporting 1080p H.264 video will likely also support AC3 audio.

Edited by nyuszika7h

I have test Microsoft Windows 10, DVDFab 1080P & iTunes 12.6.0 (X64):

Orignal M4V: 5.335 KBits.

DVDFab M4V: 5.325 KBits.

DVDFab MV4 Convert MKVToolnix MKV MKV: 5.310 KBits.

By The Way: 720P Also works but you can still use Requiem for that aswel.

But because the 1080P doesn't work anymore with Requiem, that's I decided to share the 1080P Preview. xD 

So it's definally convert the video with removal.

But personally it isn't noticable so this is a good sign! ;) 

Download MKV & SRT: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/ZAnBeennrODxFmnfaCSM3otVJNfq6LBfzLjWCYqdpGS/folder/ir4ySf4hTRyMhcCJ8nq4IA

Edited by DJHulp

9 hours ago, DJHulp said:

Orignal M4V: 5.335 KBits.

DVDFab M4V: 5.325 KBits.

DVDFab MV4 Convert MKVToolnix MKV MKV: 5.310 KBits.

So it's definally convert the video with removal.

It's likely converts the audio (150 -> 125 kb/s):

Spoiler

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : LC
Codec ID                    : A_AAC
Duration                    : 11 min 22 s
Bit rate                    : 125 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 10.2 MiB (2%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

6 hours ago, Dulus_No said:

It's likely converts the audio (150 -> 125 kb/s):

Hide contents

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : LC
Codec ID                    : A_AAC
Duration                    : 11 min 22 s
Bit rate                    : 125 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 10.2 MiB (2%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

You're right, So if we want a Remux of it we need DVDFab for Video & Requiem 720P Audio. If you have a lot of videos is no fun to do this! :( 

For some reason I never get TunesKit to work. :(, What are people using for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 X86 Bits or X64 Bits?

I have Windows 10 X64 and it didn't work.

Also it has been asked into the forum aswel: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30734 xD 

Edited by DJHulp

As I have already said, a slight difference in file size does not mean it's reencoded, that's down to some metadata differences that don't affect the video quality. There's no way multiple frame snapshots (or even just comparing one frame) will hash to the exact same value if it's reencoded – you may not see a visual difference, but there will definitely be a byte-level difference, no matter how high you increase the quality – and if you use H.264's lossless encoding mode, that would result in an enormous file size. And the speed is fast and the resource usage is low. Trust me, TunesKit hasn't invented some revolutionary encoding method that nobody else knows about – but even if it did, there's no problem with it because for all intents and purposes, it is lossless.

Basically, the video and AC3 5.1 audio are losslessly decrypted by TunesKit, but the AAC 2.0 audio is further reencoded from the already lossy format. Even though I can hear no audible degradation, it's still not nice. It's a bit tedious, but you can use iTunes 12 + TunesKit on your computer and iTunes 10.7 + Requiem in a virtual machine or on another computer. You also need to download it twice, though for removing the audio's DRM with Requiem, downloading 480p should be enough (I assume the audio quality is the same, but I haven't tested it).

My first thought was that it makes no sense to protect lower quality audio more. However, this may have something to do with Apple Music also using protected AAC audio. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently TunesKit's Apple Music DRM removal tool is not lossless. But still, it's surprising that they protect the audio more while the video is successfully decrypted, especially since music that's sold is DRM-free, unlike movies and shows.

Anyway, TunesKit x64 works fine for me on Windows 10 with iTunes 12.5.

Edited by nyuszika7h

So I had an Idea I wanted to test out TunesKit with Mac VMWare Sierra.

So I can look at the difference between Windows & Mac maybe the Bitrate was an Difference.

But when you try to play a video with iTunes in VMWare MAC you will get an Black Screen so it doesn't play the video even when you're Autorize you're PC.

Does somebody know how to fix this in VMWare or isn't it possible to play the video into it?

iTunes disabled 1080p downloads in 10.7 so Requiem can no longer be used. But since an iTunes account can be authorized for 5 computers, can you make a 1080p purchase in iTunes 12 on one computer, then copy the encrypted 1080p file to another authorized computer that has iTunes 10.7? Would Requiem be able to remove the DRM?