Official Vent Thread

Arian

31 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

@DabDeity710

It's normal to get lonely, we're all drawn to companionship. Like I said before, it's about finding a way to be ok with being alone that will give you some self empowerment. 

While long term goals still seem to be a source of income and getting out of your current position, having some short term goals will help generate some feelings of accomplishment. Looks like you've been a member here for almost a year, so I bet you have acquired a decent collection so far. You should check the threads for the content you've acquired and see if people are requesting re-ups of something you have and help a few Kametsu members out. Since you have a Spongebob avatar I'd guess that you have downloaded most if not all that was posted in the Spongebob thread. Recent posts suggest that a couple episodes are needing re-ups, maybe you could start there.

If there is anything you've ever wanted to learn how to do, get going on it. Anything to keep your mind busy that generates the feeling of accomplishment would go a long way right now. ^_^  

I'm actually missing most of s9 which is what's down, I do have like 3-4 episodes of it tho. I've been periodically sending Raven shit he's credited me in a few of his recent uploads like the Disney shorts. Oh shit I was gonna talk to Arian about the milleniumring server but I forgot to create a skype to discuss it with him I still gotta do that. I was thinking about getting into martial arts before all my medical problems while that seems too physically intensive now I could probably get into something less physically intensive like yoga or tai chi

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I've thought about that but I don't really kno where to go to learn about that

I'd suggest a very basic and simple start of just counting your breaths. Or simply verbally acknowledging your breaths in and out. The entire practice of meditation is (typically and mostly) about awareness. You basically just recognize and acknowledge that you're aware of whatever is going on around you, neutrally.

A little further down the road you could begin to visualize things that are hindering your patience and concentration like feelings of frustration or anger as clouds or maybe objects (what I do) that are sort of hovering around your bubble (consciousness) and you have to sort of shoo them away. I like to picture a sort of force field that represents my peaceful consciousness and there are little things hovering around too close that are interrupting the field. These little objects are actually craving attention and they want to be recognized before they'll leave. So I start verbalizing them as if the object's name is that feeling. Example: I'm mad at the time so there's a little dude hanging out too close to the field named Anger. I say his name out loud, irl, and in my little zen imagination he's like "thanks man that's all I needed" and he takes off.

it sounds silly but it works very well, especially if you're just starting out and don't have a lot of control over your mind and emotions yet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, noob447 said:

I'd suggest a very basic and simple start of just counting your breaths. Or simply verbally acknowledging your breaths in and out. The entire practice of meditation is (typically and mostly) about awareness. You basically just recognize and acknowledge that you're aware of whatever is going on around you, neutrally.

A little further down the road you could begin to visualize things that are hindering your patience and concentration like feelings of frustration or anger as clouds or maybe objects (what I do) that are sort of hovering around your bubble (consciousness) and you have to sort of shoo them away. I like to picture a sort of force field that represents my peaceful consciousness and there are little things hovering around too close that are interrupting the field. These little objects are actually craving attention and they want to be recognized before they'll leave. So I start verbalizing them as if the object's name is that feeling. Example: I'm mad at the time so there's a little dude hanging out too close to the field named Anger. I say his name out loud, irl, and in my little zen imagination he's like "thanks man that's all I needed" and he takes off.

it sounds silly but it works very well, especially if you're just starting out and don't have a lot of control over your mind and emotions yet.

That must be what all those viceland ads that say "just take a second to think about your breathing" mean lol. As silly as that sounds it kinda makes sense even to someone as green as me with this shit, so by simply acknowledging my frustrations I can weaken their power over me? Ima have to start trying that out. Also with the breathing thing is the counting my breaths supposed to be a distraction or a release of some sort or am I supposed to acknowledge something greater?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

That must be what all those viceland ads that say "just take a second to think about your breathing" mean lol. As silly as that sounds it kinda makes sense even to someone as green as me with this shit, so by simply acknowledging my frustrations I can weaken their power over me? Ima have to start trying that out. Also with the breathing thing is the counting my breaths supposed to be a distraction or a release of some sort or am I supposed to acknowledge something greater?

You're just basically conditioning yourself to notice things that you never do. You'll be able to discipline your mind to pay attention and thus you'll be more aware of when you're feeling whatever it is you're feeling. As you get better at it, you'll be able to notice more and more and then be able to curb those reactions. It can help with the depressed feelings, angry outbursts, etc. It's not really like suppressing your emotions and bottling them; I believe there's a time and place for everything. Anger should definitely be released in a healthy manner. It's just about being aware of yourself and in control and at as much peace as possible.

This is of course my take but I'm sure anyone would agree that the fundamentals are all there, no matter which way you go. Everyone can find their own thing that works and if it works for you to reach that calmness then you did it right!

Also, when I first began meditating, it helped IMMENSELY  to find the quietest room possible, with as much uninterrupted time as I could muster. With children, this--of course--was very difficult! But it only proved to strengthen my resolve and test me, lol. I had to force myself to leave my phone out of the room, even though it worried me to risk missing an emergency call. I left the sound on loud so if there was an emergency and they called a couple times I could run to it.

Even if you can only do this for 2 minutes every day, you will see results so quickly if you commit to it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, noob447 said:

You're just basically conditioning yourself to notice things that you never do. You'll be able to discipline your mind to pay attention and thus you'll be more aware of when you're feeling whatever it is you're feeling. As you get better at it, you'll be able to notice more and more and then be able to curb those reactions. It can help with the depressed feelings, angry outbursts, etc. It's not really like suppressing your emotions and bottling them; I believe there's a time and place for everything. Anger should definitely be released in a healthy manner. It's just about being aware of yourself and in control and at as much peace as possible.

Yea it doesn't sound like suppressing your emotions at all more so being able to influence them on your own by being more aware of what's causing them and realizing things that affect your mood that you hadn't even realized were present and I totally agree that anger can be channeled into something very useful but you still gotta realize that you're playing with fire. This is all very good stuff thanks a lot

• Like 1

I'm not sure why my dad still thinks throwing a punch at me is a good idea he's too old and weak to impose his will on me and he knows I'm gonna retaliate and I'm getting really sick of this I got a heavy bag for this very reason that I can't set up by myself and he still refuses to help me set it up. I have all this anger that I can't possibly release without hospitalizing him so once I throw a defensive strike to get him off me I'm stuck sitting there with guts level rage while he cries and tries to make himself out to be the victim. I'm not gonna lie counting my breaths was a huge fucking help I couldn't believe how calming that was. I'm really not sure what to do I still need his financial support and my name isn't on the lease for this house like I thought it was like it was for the last place we lived so I'm not sure what my lack of rights are in terms of being forced out and I'm really not trying to become homeless either. I'm really playing with fire here if shit got this extreme when I was 17-18 I'd be in good shape but I'm 20 now and I'm pretty that makes me 100% liable for myself legally.

51 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I got a heavy bag for this very reason that I can't set up by myself and he still refuses to help me set it up.

Get a pulley and set it up by the hook you need to hang the bag from. Then just get some rope and the rest should be obvious. Your all set! Science FTW!

53 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I'm 20 now and I'm pretty that makes me 100% liable for myself legally.

This is true. Be careful about what you do.

56 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I'm not gonna lie counting my breaths was a huge fucking help I couldn't believe how calming that was.

Glad to hear you took advantage of that info you received earlier! Utilize it whenever you need to, it's a valuable tool. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Get a pulley and set it up by the hook you need to hang the bag from. Then just get some rope and the rest should be obvious. Your all set! Science FTW!

I'll have to look into that I can't find my dad's power tools for this clip I'm supposed to screw into the wall hence me not being able to set it up myself. He said he'd help me set it up tomorrow but I can't tell you how many times he's said something to that effect and not done it. It's crazy how quickly he can cool his jets but sometimes he just goes into this negligent panic psycho mode over absolutely nothing and I can't reach him at all and once in a while he'll even try to get violent with me when it's like that but when that happens I'm way more concerned with getting detained then arrested or sent to a psych ward than I am of being hurt although he can really throw a punch he just can't take one. What I don't understand is why he's so hesitant to hit me yet he's so quick to pin me against a wall by my throat, probably cuz he knows he can seriously hurt me with a punch like I can seriously hurt him with one but I'd much rather he just swung at me. When he pins me against the wall by my throat like that I get so mad I could beat him down I probably would if I wasn't so scared of getting arrested for it, I'm probably way better off being scared out of unleashing my rage anyway. As long as we're not violent towards each other I'm as content as I could be considering the situation but why can't he just fucking take me to my doctors already my youth is slipping away from me right before my eyes and I feel helpless without him taking me to my doctors

Edited by DabDeity710

Damn the king size organic raw papers are really fucking annoying to roll with. I'm still turning out perfect joints but it's still a hassle to roll them I like things like this to be easy although with other tests of skill I'm a gamer and I like a challenge. It's funny cuz all my friends used to bitch about using these all the time during my high school days while I was just dabbing oil with a rig or smoking out of a big ass bong (that my friend broke like 3-4 years ago RIP) and I'd insult them every single time like you just suck at rolling if you require thicker paper that I'm not tryna smoke but they were right. Still, no excuse for rolling shitty joints mine still come out good with these although I was always one of the best rollers out of my friends. Ahh high school, I fucking hated high school cuz I was a loser but I still miss it so much.

3 hours ago, ThePJzer said:

Since you like labeling people with songs here's one for ya @DabDeity710!

In all seriousness though I was listening to this album earlier today, and the thought actually crossed my mind that you might like this considering what you've expressed in this thread as of late. Taproot is a way of life ^_^

Yo that album is an underrated gem too....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, noob447 said:

Yo that album is an underrated gem too....

Fuck yes it is! Every song is a diamond in the ruff and positive as hell. Smile was my get up and go song for years, first thing I listend to every morning. xD

Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift.

• Like 2

I created a 2nd soundcloud to get more upload minutes 2 weeks ago and I'm already down to my last 30 minutes I'm gonna need a 3rd soon. Fuck soundcloud for only giving free users 3 hours not everyone profits off music I don't make 8 figures doing next to nothing like fuckboi afrojack or any of those clowns

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DabDeity710 said:

I created a 2nd soundcloud to get more upload minutes 2 weeks ago and I'm already down to my last 30 minutes I'm gonna need a 3rd soon. Fuck soundcloud for only giving free users 3 hours not everyone profits off music I don't make 8 figures doing next to nothing like fuckboi afrojack or any of those clowns

You upload music you create to soundcloud? Link please!

6 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

You upload music you create to soundcloud? Link please!

Ahh common misconception, I DJ which is just mixing other people's music. I'm totally on board with deadmau5's logic that DJs don't do shit and producers do all the hard work (if you can call what today's mainstream house and dubstep producers do hard work, I can't) although I have a few WIPs from when I was 17-18 that if I get a midi keyboard I'll return to eventually, I am a lazy fuck.

https://soundcloud.com/djtoxicshock

Anyway here's my soundcloud cuz I'm all about shameless self promotion catar style

Edited by DabDeity710

14 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Ahh common misconception, I DJ which is just mixing other people's music. I'm totally on board with deadmau5's logic that DJs don't do shit and producers do all the hard work (if you can call what today's mainstream house and dubstep producers do hard work, I can't) although I have a few WIPs from when I was 17-18 that if I get a midi keyboard I'll return to eventually, I am a lazy fuck.

https://soundcloud.com/djtoxicshock

Anyway here's my soundcloud cuz I'm all about shameless self promotion catar style

Have you considered using another music platform or YouTube to upload your remixes?