@CorpsecreateSo long as the release is proper, we can wait for an ultimate 1080p color-corrected 4:3 dragon box. Please take your time. Unless Toei comes out with another 4:3 scan of Z in HD, your release will be the greatest. I wouldn't count on that happening until late 2020. But it's Toei, they'll find some way to screw up their release. Plus, they'd totally stretch out the release schedule for a good three years. 291 episodes can be spread pretty thin judging by the fact that DB super received 11 bluray box sets over 131 episodes. You've got nothing to worry about as far as notable competition. Best of luck to ya!

This time dont drop off  or ignore people...  I understand Bad things happen... oh god do they happen..   but NEXT time you decide to drop off the face of the earth...  SHARE your current Scripts...

23 hours ago, LordFenix said:

This time dont drop off  or ignore people...  I understand Bad things happen... oh god do they happen..   but NEXT time you decide to drop off the face of the earth...  SHARE your current Scripts...

I dont appreciate the attitude. I have no obligation and I dont owe anybody anything regarding my project. If you knew how bad things could be, then you'd know that the last thing on your mind is dragon ball z when you are going through a major life crisis. Its these kinds of posts that deter me from having any interest in sharing my 100s of hours of work for free with people who put in 0 minutes of work.

I've explained what I've done with my scripts etc in previous posts anyway. I didn't decide to drop off the face of the earth, I did everything to make sure I stayed on the Earth.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's your project mate. If you feel like working on it then go ahead, but as you said - you have no obligation to do it for anybody else, and there's absolutely no reason why you should give away the hard work you have already done.

Just focus on staying well. Things like this come at the very end of life's to-do list.

• Like 1

You dont like my attitude...  there were 3-4 forums i found you posting about your project and getting help from others including materials to help with color corrections.   and YES you dropped off the face of the earth to them.   Do i need to link?  and when i asked you for help YEARS ago...  all you did was scoff at me.  you act like you did this all on your own.

I don't know why anyone even wants upscaled detail-obliterated dbz encodes in the first place. If you want HD just watch Kai (albeit also has a shit ton of detail destroyed by retarded Q-TEC).

As for the color correction there is no way to do it effectively. You will always fuck something up, but you may find it more aesthetically pleasing to your eyes than the source but its very subjective thing what you think might be a glorious color correction might look like shit to someone else.

Edited by Akai-Shuichi

I think Corpse's version might look better than Kai. Kai, even though it was from the best quality material from Japan, had many instances where there was less detail than even the standard-def Dragon Boxes. Corpse's version seems to have used something like MCTemporalDenoise (correct me if I'm wrong) to preserve as much detail as possible (in conjunction with Stab to stabilize the gate weave, which also aids the denoiser in preserving detail). However, there is still the "heat wave" side effect of temporal denoising that needs to be taken into consideration

6 hours ago, LordFenix said:

You dont like my attitude...  there were 3-4 forums i found you posting about your project and getting help from others including materials to help with color corrections.   and YES you dropped off the face of the earth to them.   Do i need to link?  and when i asked you for help YEARS ago...  all you did was scoff at me.  you act like you did this all on your own.

The project didn't happen for whatever reason.  It doesn't matter.