On September 12, 2017 at 3:58 PM, ShadowKnight said:

I know that a project for remaster of All series and Movies are still in works on varios Discord servers

Are these servers private, inactive, or something of that nature? Is there a roadblock that the project has run into? Does the team want to hold off until a massive release? Has the project been dropped?

14 hours ago, Metrunui said:

Are these servers private, inactive, or something of that nature? Is there a roadblock that the project has run into? Does the team want to hold off until a massive release? Has the project been dropped?

I have read that the owner will come back ...based on the message in the chatroom . I have heard he will pass the duty of being an admin to somebody else . But yeah me said . that the ultra project is done .

5 hours ago, ShadowKnight said:

I have read that the owner will come back ...based on the message in the chatroom . I have heard he will pass the duty of being an admin to somebody else . But yeah me said . that the ultra project is done .

I've heard of projects like these getting transferred over to someone else. But any clue as to where/when to look for a release?

On 11/9/2017 at 10:27 AM, Metrunui said:

I've heard of projects like these getting transferred over to someone else. But any clue as to where/when to look for a release?

all i know is the guy i  know says its all done he just trying to get everything together before release...  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, LordFenix said:

all i know is the guy i  know says its all done he just trying to get everything together before release...  

You have no idea how badly people want their dbz (4:3) properly upscaled in 1080p...

@LordFenix Could you please give some details regarding this ultimate dragon box project the guy you know works on? Like, will he doing all db, dbz, dbgt and their corresponding movies, tv specials and ovas? Will they be cc and multi audio? Will he share them here on Kametsu or in public release in general?

Edited by iBreaker

Personally i'm fine with how the series looks i have no desire to work on it.
But i do love the passion people are putting into the series.
And have seen some really unbelievable color corrections on the kanzenshuu forums.
I want to thank kojiroryuga for his link it was inspiring to see how far someone can go with color adjustments.
I've been working on a old cartoon series myself so i fully understand how much work these kind of projects require.

A interesting example screenshot from Trunks originally posted on the Kanzenshuu forums here: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1182242#p1182242

Made me want todo my own attempt on just this particulier frame, just for fun.

I saved and cropped it so i could work with the unfiltered screenshot.
Tried a couple of filters to clean it up and based my colors on the fixed screenshot in Avisynth.
It took me a while to figure out how to adjust the sky but it was fun and i just wanted to see if it was really possible haha.
For those interested in seeing what i came up with here's my attempt

1111.png
Note: applying this settings to complete episode would probably never work sins i based all my settings on a single screenshot. ;)

Edited by Goku22

On 18/11/2017 at 10:56 PM, LordFenix said:

It's a trick those kind of guys love to make hoping others (in the way gettings stuff or money for things) but never intends to do it

Edited by kojiroryuga
  • Confused 2

i mean that some members here that create a "fake" community on a website dead from some time called kametsu.com lead by a guy named jasonspidey was only to grower his collection by collecting what others have 

he already finish doing everything but never intend to share them with others all he was doing (only sharing 15 first episodes) was to attract people , if you wanted some stuff from him you was forced to share stuff or paid server fee 

it will never be shared so don't count on him

Spoiler
On 12/1/2017 at 5:21 PM, Goku22 said:

Personally i'm fine with how the series looks i have no desire to work on it.
But i do love the passion people are putting into the series.
And have seen some really unbelievable color corrections on the kanzenshuu forums.
I want to thank kojiroryuga for his link it was inspiring to see how far someone can go with color adjustments.
I've been working on a old cartoon series myself so i fully understand how much work these kind of projects require.

A interesting example screenshot from Trunks originally posted on the Kanzenshuu forums here: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1182242#p1182242

Made me want todo my own attempt on just this particulier frame, just for fun.

I saved and cropped it so i could work with the unfiltered screenshot.
Tried a couple of filters to clean it up and based my colors on the fixed screenshot in Avisynth.
It took me a while to figure out how to adjust the sky but it was fun and i just wanted to see if it was really possible haha.
For those interested in seeing what i came up with here's my attempt

1111.png
Note: applying this settings to complete episode would probably never work sins i based all my settings on a single screenshot. ;)

What did you use to denoise / degrain?

Edited by Karyuuni

4 hours ago, Karyuuni said:

What did you use to denoise / degrain?

Hi Karyuuni i used dfttest to denoise / degrain the screenshot from Trunks.

Also for anyone interested in the complete Avisynth script here it is :

# Note: i'm in no way inclining i'm using these filters in their correct way.
# Neither do i incline to know how to everything works, i'm still learning Avisynth myself.
# So just take my code as a grain of salt.
# Real experts might even cringe seeing my filter chain :)

# LOAD DBZ Trunks screenshot acquired from: kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1182242#p1182242
# NOTE: I CROP OFF 700PX to hide the comparison made by kanzenshuu.com
RAW_YUV12 = ImageSource("161104044711907759.png").ConvertToYV12().Crop(0, 0, -700, 0)
RAW_RGB32 = ImageSource("161104044711907759.png").ConvertToRGB32().Crop(0, 0, -700, 0)

# My idea was to make a mask from the raw lineart so i could later merge it back ontop of the denoised image.
# This mask isn't perfect and most likely i'm doing it completely wrong but i'm still learning
emboss = subtract(RAW_YUV12, crop(RAW_YUV12, 2, 0, -0, -0).AddBorders(0, 0, 2, 0))
v1 = ColorYUV(emboss, off_y=-128)
v2 = Invert(emboss).ColorYUV(off_y=-128)
Merge(v1, v2).ColorYUV(gain_y=1000)
linemask = last.ConvertToRGB()

# Next I take the RAW RGB32 image and use ColorMill a VirtualDub plugin to restore the green sky and skin tone etc
RAW_RGB32
LoadVirtualDubPlugin("ColorMill.vdf", "colorMill")
ColorMill(25688, 25724, 25700, 24420, 25700, 25700, 26470, 25670, 25695, 25693, 25705, 25700, 25700, 1124, 5)
ConvertToYV12()

# Here I used dfttest to DEGRAIN the image
# Note i think this is too aggressive for a video but sins i was just trying to fix a single frame i settled on Dfttest
dfttest(sigma=70, tbsize=5)

# Next I tried to make the line art a bit darker and thinner:
FastLineDarken(strength=48, luma_cap=191, threshold=4, thinning=24)
mfToon2(strength=20, sharpen=false)
AwarpSharp2(depth=4)

# At this point a lot detail has been destroyed so i use my previous created mask to restore the original line art.
# Ore atleast that is what i was trying todo.
# I made sure to change the opacity so i could still see a bit of the previous line darken etc
Overlay(RAW_YUV12, mask=linemask, x=0, y=1, opacity=0.5, mode="luma")

# I felt the contrast just needed a tiny bit more and removed a tiny bit of saturation
SmoothAdjust_SmoothTweak(brightness=0, contrast=1.1, saturation=0.95, hue1=2, hue2=0, TVrange=True, Lmode=0, limitSTR=100)

# Stackhorzintal was used to compare the end result
StackHorizontal(last, RAW_YUV12)

Edited by Goku22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
23 hours ago, Goku22 said:

Hi Karyuuni i used dfttest to denoise / degrain the screenshot from Trunks.

Also for anyone interested in the complete Avisynth script here it is :

Thank you very much for the information, I will try to work with it, I have never used masks, I will see what results I have with when trying to use this feature, I have never tried because I do not know how to use this feature. But I'll try to follow the schematic you used in your script to see if I can get something here.

Edited by Karyuuni
  • Thanks 1

No problem, good luck with the mask code and hopefully it will be useful :)

I think if you really want to degrain the DBZ footage or any old footage in that case it's always best to use a masks to preserve the original line art.

The only problem i'm having myself, i'm still trying to figure out how to correctly create masks.

Currently i've been doing some testing with the mt_edge and mt_inflate function in masktools:

mt_edge(mode="hprewitt", thy1=110, thY2=255).mt_inflate(u=2,v=2)

I also got a pretty good looking mask using the following code:

edgemask = video
edgemask = mt_makediff(edgemask.mt_inflate(u=2,v=2), edgemask).mt_lut("x 128 - 5 *")
edgemask = Levels(edgemask, 0,1,255,80,255)
edgemask = Greyscale(edgemask)

If you increase the 5 in mt_lut you can expand the mask.

I use avspmod to preview my code so when i'm making the mask it's pretty useful to directly see the result.

In my previous code i used Overlay to merge the raw luma.
But I figure you can also just use the mt_merge function for that.
Edited by Goku22
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2017 at 4:56 PM, LordFenix said:

On 11/18/2017 at 11:18 PM, Metrunui said:

You have no idea how badly people want their dbz (4:3) properly upscaled in 1080p...

It's Christmas... Have you heard anything from the guy who's "getting everything together"?

On 4/24/2017 at 10:37 AM, Corpsecreate said:

I have recently started up my project again. I'd be lucky to have it finished by the end of the year, but we'll see ;)

Heres a vid of Vegeta's "Final Flash": https://youtu.be/qBR3FpBKitA

Edit: YouTube blocked it, heres a direct download: https://mega.nz/#!0A0F2YyC!x3KBMqLoBOv3Xq6DZ1fHXXwM3fUiCrW3ZhvdMBYROLQ

Hi,

Can you please update us on what the situation of your project is? even if it's not near ready it will be great just to hear where it's at :)))