Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

99 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2017 at 3:37 AM, Corpsecreate said:

I have recently started up my project again. I'd be lucky to have it finished by the end of the year, but we'll see ;)

Heres a vid of Vegeta's "Final Flash": https://youtu.be/qBR3FpBKitA

Edit: YouTube blocked it, heres a direct download: https://mega.nz/#!0A0F2YyC!x3KBMqLoBOv3Xq6DZ1fHXXwM3fUiCrW3ZhvdMBYROLQ

Hold the phone, you're starting up your project again and you plan on sharing it with us!?

J6DINt.gif

I humbly bow to your skills Corpsecreate (great job)! haroldkip_icon_bow.gif

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Corpsecreate said:

It looks nothing like the blu-ray releases. Compare them side by side and you'll see a world of difference. It's zoomed in to remove artefacts around the borders caused by the stabilizer. It's impossible to get the same quality as the level sets - the resolution simply isn't there.

I've compared them side by side, with dragon boxes and blu ray, and I can tell its and awesome encode.
It is sharpened with some grain maintained. Also the few pixels you cropped from the sides help to make the video stabilized (I thought dragon boxes were stabilized, but looking at your encodes, they were not :D
I would like to know how your settings work when the image has some darks side by side
Thank you corpsecreate

i'm ecstatic about this encode! just wanted to give my thanks to Corpsecreate!

Posted (edited)

On 4/25/2017 at 5:40 PM, Corpsecreate said:

It's impossible to get the same quality as the level sets - the resolution simply isn't there.

This makes me less sad about their cancellation though...

FUCK this is a good encode.

Edited by Masquerade
1 person likes this

Dude that's awesome! I wish I could help, but not a tech genius here. 

Posted (edited)

Format                      : Matroska
Format version              : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                   : 715 MiB
Duration                    : 5 min
Overall bit rate mode       : Variable
Overall bit rate            : 18.5 Mb/s
Encoded date                : UTC 2017-04-29 07:08:19
Writing application         : mkvmerge v9.5.0 ('Quiet Fire') 64bit
Writing library             : libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames   : 3 frames
Codec ID                    : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode               : Constant
Bit rate                    : 18.0 Mb/s / 18.0 Mb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 052 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Standard                    : NTSC
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 8 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.372
Stream size                 : 679 MiB (95%)
Writing library             : x264 core 114
Encoding settings           : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / slices=1 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=cbr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=18000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=18000 / vbv_bufsize=17989 / nal_hrd=cbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                    : Japanese
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No
Color range                 : Limited
Color primaries             : BT.709
Transfer characteristics    : BT.709
Matrix coefficients         : BT.709

Audio #1
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : Main
Codec ID                    : A_AAC
Bit rate                    : 448 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 17.3 MiB (2%)
Title                       : Dragon Box Audio
Default                     : Yes

Audio #2
ID                          : 3
Format                      : FLAC
Format/Info                 : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                    : A_FLAC
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 477 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 1 channel
Channel positions           : Front: C
Sampling rate               : 96.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 83.334 FPS (1152 spf)
Bit depth                   : 16 bits
Stream size                 : 18.5 MiB (3%)
Title                       : Broadcast Audio
Writing library             : libFLAC 1.3.0 (UTC 2013-05-26)
Default                     : No

Down below you have comparisons between @Corpsecreate and @Hao.

1st difference, you can see it is that mine has no DNR applined

2nd difference, is that Blue of the sky , and blue of Vegeta's costume is slightly different to match the colors of the Original Run using Animation Cells and old Video Game Box cover scans  from Nes/Snes era .

3rd difference, I have added the black bars to simulate the perfect 4 : 3 straight on the go even in 1080p.

4th difference, No denoise or other filters added to the original Dragon Box R2J Video.

5th difference ,red has more of a warn feel , obtained from the same way I did with the blues and green, all inspired from the Original Run .

6th difference, iin my encode you can see that there are no crushed blacks along the way . Level of the colors were not altered to acheive something that would do more harm than good .

Other differences you can check yourselves guys . Awsome job to all either way .

As a bonus you have Broadcast Audio muxed alongside Dragon Box Audio in this .

DOWNLOAD LINK : https://mega.nz/#!Vhcz1Z4S!B2qsp2X6LBeBkGe3ZnWsQyHXQ1KVBWXYn7llsCf0xRY

~~~ Swooshh~~~

vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h34m36s110.png
1.jpg
vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h37m16s192.png
2.jpg
vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h39m36s237.png
3.jpg
vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h41m43s69.png
4.jpg
vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h43m04s141.png
5.jpg
vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h46m32s177.png
6.jpg
vlcsnap_2017_04_29_08h48m29s158.png
8.jpg

Edited by Hao

Looking good!

I am unsure on whether or not the encode your comparing mine with was manually color corrected (scene by scene?), but it should be noted that my colors are already done across the entire series. It's true that they may not be perfect, doing scene by scene adjustments on 291 episodes all on your own is a significant amount of work. Theres always that balance between whats practical and whats desired.

My black levels are adjusted, however they are done in a way to cause minimal loss of detail (one of my own C++ scripts I wrote makes sure of this). There will be some occasions where detail is lost, but the improvement in levels is well worth it in my opinion.

The R2's native resolution is 720 x 480, by shrinking it 640 x 480 you are effectively losing 80 pixels of vertical resolution. It's for this reason that I scale the image to 720 x 540 (its also exactly half of 1080p, 1440 x 1080) and never resize below this rez during any processing step. The difference is minimal though, an nice work either way!

@Hao Those black bars to me are an instant no go. I wouldn't download an encode where someone failed to crop them, so I certainly wouldn't download something they were intentionally added to.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Corpsecreate said:

Looking good!

I am unsure on whether or not the encode your comparing mine with was manually color corrected (scene by scene?), but it should be noted that my colors are already done across the entire series. It's true that they may not be perfect, doing scene by scene adjustments on 291 episodes all on your own is a significant amount of work. Theres always that balance between whats practical and whats desired.

My black levels are adjusted, however they are done in a way to cause minimal loss of detail (one of my own C++ scripts I wrote makes sure of this). There will be some occasions where detail is lost, but the improvement in levels is well worth it in my opinion.

The R2's native resolution is 720 x 480, by shrinking it 640 x 480 you are effectively losing 80 pixels of vertical resolution. It's for this reason that I scale the image to 720 x 540 (its also exactly half of 1080p, 1440 x 1080) and never resize below this rez during any processing step. The difference is minimal though, an nice work either way!

Thank you .

Yes my AVS is built  the same way you can work it in  C++ template ; splitting the video in 6 parts , which are later brought together as one in the same way C++ works . Also each part is Color Corrected individually . The upscale was made adding the extra bars to fit the entire video size and not have any extra pixels gone along the way , also to fit nicely on my Modded PS3 with Movian . Black levels have to be adjusted individually for each part of the episode from 1 to 6 since there are ocasions when each part of the episode had Different Reels used when the episode was transffered for the DVD release .

So if you want to have the trust colors you have to adjust each part individually , because colors from Part A sometimes are different a lot from Part B .

Also thanks for your kind words.

Edited by Hao

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Koby said:

@Hao Those black bars to me are an instant no go. I wouldn't download an encode where someone failed to crop them, so I certainly wouldn't download something they were intentionally added to.

It is not about failing to crop , that is the easier part . I did this so I could play this on every Machine i want starting from my Modded PS3 to all the machines that natively get them straight 4 : 3 . So yeah . I am nitpicky for this matter only .

My AviSynth scrips have over 220 lines that i used maily for CC of 1 episode only , so do not worry about me not being able to crop them properly .

Edited by Hao

2 minutes ago, Hao said:

It is not about failing to crop , that is the easier part . I did this so I could play this on every Machine i want starting from my Modded PS3 to all the machines that natively get them straight 4 : 3 . So yeah . I am nitpicky for this matter only .

Well like I said, to me it's an automatic no download as I consider black bars a fail on the encoders behalf. I'll stick to encodes that don't have em.

I prefer real 4:3, not letterboxed within a 16:9 frame that does nothing but eat up bitrate that could otherwise go to the actual video.

Obviously you're free to do as you please, but the other options are definitely automatically the better option in my book.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Koby said:

Well like I said, to me it's an automatic no download as I consider black bars a fail on the encoders behalf. I'll stick to encodes that don't have em.

I prefer real 4:3, not letterboxed within a 16:9 frame.

Sure thing . Since i can encode them to my liking it does not mean anybody have to like them /

Also the forced 4 : 3 aka letterboxed 16 : 9 will not allow other players to distort native resolution in any other way that is not pleasing to the eye . So i wanted to have 1 thing less to worry .

ps3 and xb360 does like to screw with aspect ratio idk about xb1 &ps4

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, LordFenix said:

ps3 and xb360 does like to screw with aspect ratio idk about xb1 &ps4

Indeed it does . Shame on you Sony .

@Corpsecreate also the nasty part is that if you want good colors overall having overall setttings for all DBZ and DB . Tried it myself .

Edited by Hao

On 4/29/2017 at 10:33 AM, Hao said:

Indeed it does . Shame on you Sony .

@Corpsecreate also the nasty part is that if you want good colors overall having overall setttings for all DBZ and DB . Tried it myself .

Hello Hao, I saw your encode and it's awesome. Are you goin to release the full serie as Corpsecreate? Both releases are great!

I'll have to check those samples out, but from what I've seen just in screens so far, this looks to be a fantastic project.

How is the project going on?

1 person likes this