Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Koby

Lack of Donations = Funds Needed Soon/Now

16 posts in this topic

I hate having to make posts like this but it's apparently required to sustain the site.

Since September (over three months) we've only had $86 in donations.

In this same timespan we've had to pay nearly $200 to keep the site going (nearly $50 a month for server, $25 for forum software renewals, $15 for forum theme).

This means we've been burning through funds faster than they come in. As of this moment, we're down to around $150 in available funds and aside from server fees, we have 3 themes expiring that need renewing updates access which = $30 total, the forum software renewal comes up in March which = $25, the Donation plugin is expired and needs to be renewed which = $40, and the domain expires in August this year (I usually pay it up for 5 years at a time) which = $60 last I checked. So even if we neglect all of this, we've got ~3 months of server bills we can currently make. If we don't neglect the other stuff required this month we'd actually be going into the negative.

I'll probably let some themes stay expired and remove them when they no longer work with the next forum software update to cut costs instead of paying to keep them around every 6 months. Also considering letting the donation tracker go since the developer hasn't bothered in over a year to add any gateways for the services we can utilize for donations so actual donations aren't even taking place through it and instead it's just used to display who donated what and give a user a list of their donations; which honestly isn't a good enough reason to keep it around by itself. Server bills are much more important than stuff that we don't absolutely need to be able to sustain the site operations.

So if you've got any spare cash you can spare and would like to help the site, please PM me. Every little bit helps.

We can currently accept Credit/Debit cards through Stripe, GoogleWallet, or Skrill.

I'll donate some in about a week, just gotta wait for pay to go in. Hopefully other people can help chip in too.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Darkshadow6400 said:

I'll donate some in about a week, just gotta wait for pay to go in. Hopefully other people can help chip in too.

Thanks, every little bit is appreciated and adds up. So far zero people have chipped in since making this post.

@Koby I will be donating some, probably around the 14th.

1 person likes this

Maybe at the end of the month if I got some leftovers >.<

1 person likes this

I will make a donation soon to help out.

1 person likes this

Just got into the forum lol. But just asking: Do you guys have some sort of VIP... or... "Higher status" for those who support? like. Perks or something?

@Koby Just donated.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, K Universe said:

Just got into the forum lol. But just asking: Do you guys have some sort of VIP... or... "Higher status" for those who support? like. Perks or something?

Donators get their own usergroup with a 'Donator' tag and a purple name and get +voice on IRC channel. Not really any special perks as to speak of though.

1 hour ago, Pollux said:

@Koby Just donated.

Thanks @Pollux

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Donators get their own usergroup with a 'Donator' tag and a purple name and get +voice on IRC channel. Not really any special perks as to speak of though.

They can like more posts, can't they? :P

I'll be throwing some dosh your way here in a few weeks. Sorry I can't do it immediately, but I burnt a hole in my pocket due to buying a home at the end of last month.

I fell off the anime train a few years ago and now I'm trying to play catch up on all the great stuff I've missed. This place is simply wonderful and I just got here so I'd hate for it to dissappear.

Really love what you guys do here and I greatly appreciate everyones time and effort! :x

Wish i could help donate this site but money is very tight right now since I do have to make payment on some of my 4 dedicated , 2 vps, 1 cloud server and 2 seedbox server.

Edited by OtakuSama

I'd help but I'm running negative myself at the moment

maybe later

Edited by Pikanet128

1 hour ago, DigiPokeMon said:

Thats alot of servers @OtakuSama. Why do you need all those for just wondering?

I manage a lot of site, so i can't tell you any detail as in why I need a lot of server. Let just say I'm expanding and growing as I needed. Either way I'll try my best to support this site what few money laying around it won't be much what koby need.

Edited by OtakuSama

4 hours ago, OtakuSama said:

I manage a lot of site, so i can't tell you any detail as in why I need a lot of server. Let just say I'm expanding and growing as I needed. Either way I'll try my best to support this site what few money laying around it won't be much what koby need.

Now days, any scrub can now run 20+ instances of servers easily with Amazon EC2 or DigitalOcean or any other cloud hosting services. So the amount of servers you have doesn't really matter. What's more important is what you use them for...