Jump to content
imawari

Mega limited download

Recommended Posts

On 1/16/2017 at 3:23 AM, mikezilla2 said:

MegaDownloader

 

how do i get all of the interface back in to english ?

 

much prefer GUIs over command line.

 

There should be a reset settings feature somewhere, or you can do a clean uninstall and re-install.

 

On 1/16/2017 at 4:57 AM, EmptyBasket said:

Can people still buy mega premium with Visa and Master Card? (Don't have an account to check)
I read something last year about the US Govt. stopping visa & MC payment services to mega and Paypal also being preassured to cut off payment.
It's likely the result in limited free downloads. This also happened to 1fishier not too long ago but they just offer slower download speeds.

 

Yes this is still possible to use Visa and MasterCard, but you can't use PayPal anymore.

 

I can verify this since I pay for MEGA Pro Lite every month. Only costs me $6 monthly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^This.

 

Sometimes you have to keep an eye out on a file you download because it might stop "processing" amd freeze the download. The workaround is to stop the DL and restart it, and it'll resume where it left off instead of redoing the DL. Strange imo but a nifty tool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn so megadownloader 1.7 was working fine for me until recently. Now I get "ERROR" messages once i hit the bandwidth limit.

Just me or is anyone else having this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikezilla2 said:

I have been using MiPony for a very long time now, and I can assure you that Mipony itself is no threat at all. However, during installation process it asks you to install additional 3rd party sponsor's software, usually a browser add-on, which though is optional to install, it is selected to be installed by default, and hence most people end up installing it because they don't read every step in the installation process.

I too have been a victim of the said adware/add-on, and it was a very nasty one (I ended up losing Chrome's saved session, and settings)..However, MiPony is pretty great. For me, it works better than JDownloader in case of MEGA, not sure why, though for other hosts, it is same I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine if they were mandatory installations... always unclick additional unneeded software you don't need. 

15 hours ago, warlord8 said:

Damn so megadownloader 1.7 was working fine for me until recently. Now I get "ERROR" messages once i hit the bandwidth limit.

Just me or is anyone else having this issue?

Is the app integrated with the website itself? Maybe the limits apply for the app too. As others have said use MiPony, it's excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2017 at 8:04 AM, ElementalCards said:

Is the app integrated with the website itself? Maybe the limits apply for the app too. As others have said use MiPony, it's excellent.

 

No megadownloader 1.7 doesnt integrate into the browser. The app used to be able to circumvent any MEGA limits until recently for me. I saw this app mentioned here so i was hoping others would be able to let me know wht the deal was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warlord8 said:

 

No megadownloader 1.7 doesnt integrate into the browser. The app used to be able to circumvent any MEGA limits until recently for me. I saw this app mentioned here so i was hoping others would be able to let me know wht the deal was.

 

 

Just downloaded 22GB at once with no issue if that helps? how much did you download before the limit kicked in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moby JJ said:

 

Just downloaded 22GB at once with no issue if that helps? how much did you download before the limit kicked in?

 

Thanks for replying. I had downloaded about 5GB before i got the ERROR message. IIRC you can right click and it will show you what the error message is, and in my case, it would say bandwidth limit exceeded or something along those lines. 

 

Lucky you tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, warlord8 said:

 

Thanks for replying. I had downloaded about 5GB before i got the ERROR message. IIRC you can right click and it will show you what the error message is, and in my case, it would say bandwidth limit exceeded or something along those lines. 

 

Lucky you tho

What 5GB?? I think the limit is more than that, isn't it?

I just checked, the official site says the the quota for the free users is based on the IP and is dynamic in nature.. My current usage is shown to be about 1 GB, ~0% of the total quota. And I am using the MEGASync app right now..

Edited by ani-me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ani-me said:

What 5GB?? I think the limit is more than that, isn't it?

I just checked, the official site says the the quota for the free users is based on the IP and is dynamic in nature.. My current usage is shown to be about 1 GB, ~0% of the total quota. And I am using the MEGASync app right now..

They don't specifically say the limit, but free users are restricted to 5GB through browser download at least. Most people don't actually use MegaSync.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ragnawind said:

They don't specifically say the limit, but free users are restricted to 5GB through browser download at least. Most people don't actually use MegaSync.

Hmm.

 

Okay...

I too don't use MEGASync normally, it was my first time using it for download... I use it only for upload, and I guess there is no limitation on upload(or my internet speed is not good enough to reach it..lol..)

 

 

I did a little experiment...

  1. I used MEGASync until I reached my limit..
  2. It asked me to wait 4H++..
  3. Then I switched off and on my modem/router to change my IP
    • Don't remember if I had quit the MEGASync app or not during this process, even though I should have, most probably I did quit
  4. Checked, and instead of being reset, the time increased to 8h+(Kinda wierd, huh?)
  5. Then, I tried MiPony, and have been able to download with it without any problem, several times past the download limit

 

Settings while the experiment was conducted:

  • Chrome: Logged in with my real free account
  • Other Browsers: Not Logged In
  • MEGASync: Logged in using one of my dummy free accounts
  • MiPony: Not Logged In (Also tried while Logged in using my real Free sometime back)

 

Notes:

  • When checking my download limit using the browser (signed in from my real FREE account), it has been showing me that I have reached my limit(3 GB) ever since I hit is while using MEGASync, however, I am still able to download using MiPony, but not MEGASync.
  • In case of JDownloader I tried both Logged In , and logged out, and neither worked for me, dunno why..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Just Proxy VPN, a chrome extension with a yearly subscription for 1,99 or so. It has good speeds and several servers to hop back and forth on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some file hosts where you have to become a premium member to get full download speed like uploaded.net and rapidgator, otherwise the download speed will be around 60-70 kbps. Is there a way where you can bypass the speed limit for free users?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×