xdelta3 GUI 2.0 (v2.0.8) - A patch maker for all!

Moodkiller

5 minutes ago, Hellboy. said:

You create the new file and try put the new file in the folder before you move the old file. But can't put the new file because the old file is still there.

If the new file was named differently such as tagged with "v2" (such as to signify it has been updated) it wouldn't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-6 at 3:38 PM, Hellboy. said:

I have a request:

1. Make this read the folder and then the sub folders in that folder.

2. Make this accept files in the "new files" that don't exist in the "old files", and copy those files in a folder called Update.

Im too sure if I understood this correctly, but if relating to the issue you ran into, then as Koby pointed out, if you had your files with different names (as you should to distinguish "v1" from "v2" etc), you wouldn't have a problem. Even if you are like Sallysubs who doesn't use the "v2" tag in the file name, you releases should all have CRC codes which would automatically give the files different names. 

On 2017-4-6 at 3:38 PM, Hellboy. said:

3. I know you put this on github.com but you can put a rar with the project files.

Yeah, that I could do. I see I also left an icon file out when uploading it. 

That said, you can download from github as a .zip :P

• Moodkiller changed the title to xdelta3 GUI 2.0 v2.0.7 - A patch maker for all!

Released: v2.0.7 - More than a year later!

A whole bunch of changes (majority cosmetic) however such other features include the ability to apply patches on Linux based systems. Please see the changelog on the main page or github for more details.

A special thanks to a person who wants to stay anonymous for implementing most of the desired fixes and features.

As always, please let me know of any other issues or features you have.

~ Enjoy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IkarosBD said:

@Moodkiller I might take and make some code tweaks myself later. I'll coordinate with you on that.

I look forward to it. I don't think I updated the TODO list, but I'd like to bring in OS support as well. I.e a script that runs on Apple.

Many contact methods available, so feel free to use which ever is easiest for you.

5 hours ago, EljayFlintok said:

Thanks a whole bunch! Making life easier for all of us. Very much appreciated! 9_9

E: @Moodkiller Linux support, very nice! Many thanks!

o7 - you are very welcome. Seen as this is all portable, It should run on most Linux systems.

• Like 1

• Moodkiller changed the title to xdelta3 GUI 2.0 v2.0.8 - A patch maker for all!
  • Moodkiller changed the title to xdelta3 GUI 2.0 (v2.0.8) - A patch maker for all!
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, monsieurcooler said:

I just found that the patches I upload to GoogleDrive get corrupt. The .rars have a corrupt header once I download them. Reproduced this twice on two machines. Seems like GoogleDrive's AV detects it as a virus.

I just checked my patches that I have created. One was created with an older version of xdelta, the other with the latest version from here. Both files unpacked fine with no corruption notice after download. I have no idea what's going on on your end. What packer software are you using? I'm using winrar.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, EljayFlintok said:

I just checked my patches that I have created. One was created with an older version of xdelta, the other with the latest version from here. Both files unpacked fine with no corruption notice after download. I have no idea what's going on on your end. What packer software are you using? I'm using winrar.

Can't seem to reproduce the issue. It was probably just a one off. 

On 2/25/2018 at 8:26 PM, EljayFlintok said:
On 2/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, monsieurcooler said:

I just found that the patches I upload to GoogleDrive get corrupt. The .rars have a corrupt header once I download them. Reproduced this twice on two machines. Seems like GoogleDrive's AV detects it as a virus.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, monsieurcooler said:

Can't seem to reproduce the issue. It was probably just a one off. 

Thanks for checking @EljayFlintok and rechecking @monsieurcooler.

Personally I .zip or .7zip the files, much of a muchness really but yeah, gdrive seems to open both containers.