Dragonball Super Dub (Funimation)

Dervell

Toei Animation, FUNimation Entertainment, and Adult Swim announced on Wednesday that Funimation's English dub of Dragon Ball Super will air on Adult Swim's Toonami block. The first season will premiere on January 7, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. EST and 11:30 p.m. EST. Funimation also launched an official website and streamed a new dubbed clip:

The 26 episodes of the first season — which encompass the storylines of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' films — are scheduled to follow.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-07/dragon-ball-super-to-premiere-on-toonami-in-january/.109617

Also in other DB news --  FUNimation Entertainment and Adult Swim announced on Wednesday that the Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z Kai will air on Toonami under the title Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters. The series will premiere at night on Saturday, January 7 at 12:00 a.m. EST (effectively Sunday morning).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-07/dragon-ball-z-kai-buu-saga-to-air-on-toonami/.109619

Edited by Dervell
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, shybutpsycho said:

What is the difference between Kai and the regular DBZ Funimation dubs?

6 hours ago, rsman122 said:

I think Kai's just a remaster of dbz

Kai is a complete re-dub with a more accurate script, and all filler has been removed. It is more faithful to the original Manga than the original anime. It also has new score. It isn't a remaster as much as it is fixing everything that was wrong with it the first time around.

I prefer and suggest Kai over all the other versions, personally.

Edited by CapMaster
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 8:08 PM, Olize said:

Only one Episode of Super per Week. :(
That makes me sad!

So long!

7 minutes ago, feemail said:

Especially considering the movie recap arcs..

Yeah if they take no breaks at all, you're looking at half a year (So around mid July at least) before the get done with the arcs based on Movie 14 & 15.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they waited so long to dub it

Dragonball has to be one of Funi's biggest "series" its been out for so long now I would think most have moved over to the subtitled version of it.

I doubt I'll watch the dub simply because its so far behind now and I really don't wanna watch battle of the gods for the 4th time now ;_;

I guess anyone wanting to get into the series now though its good news, Overall I'm happy its getting dubbed but it should have been dubbed quite a while ago now.

Edited by Nopan

1 hour ago, Nopan said:

I'm surprised they waited so long to dub it

Dragonball has to be one of Funi's biggest "series" its been out for so long now I would think most have moved over to the subtitled version of it.

I doubt I'll watch the dub simply because its so far behind now and I really don't wanna watch battle of the gods for the 4th time now ;_;

I guess anyone wanting to get into the series now though its good news, Overall I'm happy its getting dubbed but it should have been dubbed quite a while ago now.

It's not like it was ever in FUNimations hands as to when they could start. Toei has all the power, and Toei has given them hell about nearly all of their anime, which is why it took so long to even get official subtitled streams of Dragon Ball Super as well.

I gave up on watching DBS for a few reasons.

1) It's a pretty awful Anime.

2) I'm not a fan of Japanene voice acting and it started to grate in the end.

Now that it's been dubbed i will give it a go again.

I have never really been a fan of Funimation's Dragon Ball dubs though. This is their most popular anime that they dub, but it always comes across as their worst to me. Maybe they try too hard or something. I also don't like that so many characters have different voice actors now and that some of the original voice actors don't quite sound the same anymore. Some of these things can't be helped but it's still pretty annoying to hear. I watched some of the first dubbed episode and Goten's voice is pretty unbearable, it's even worse than it was originally.