Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dervell

Attack on Titan Season 2

52 posts in this topic

news_xlarge_singeki_main.jpg

The wraparound jacket band on Hajime Isayama's 21st Attack on Titan manga volume is revealing on Friday that the anime adaptation's second season will premiere in April.

The second season, which was initially announced in November 2014, was originally planned for 2016.

The first 25-episode season aired from April-September 2013. Both Funimation and Crunchyroll streamed the first season as it aired in Japan, and Funimation released the series on home video in 2014. The first season also inspired two compilation anime films in 2014 and 2015.

Hajime Isayama's original manga has also inspired numerous spinoff manga, several novel series, a two-part live-action film project, a spinoff live-action television series, and an OVA. Two of the spinoff manga — Attack on Titan: No Regrets and Attack on Titan: Junior High — received anime adaptations of their own.

Isayama launched the manga in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2009, and Kodansha published the 20th volume in Japan on August 9. Kodansha Comics publishes the manga in print in English, and it published the 20th volume on Tuesday. Crunchyroll also publishes the manga in English digitally as new chapters are published in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-12-06/attack-on-titan-anime-season-2-premieres-in-april/.109585

2 people like this

For anyone interested, Funimation announced today that the Simulcast for Attack on Titan Season 2 will begin on April 1, 2017. They haven't said if it will get a simuldub, yet, but it likely won't, considering they would likely have to change the cast to do that.

Yeah I don't think they will simuldub it since they'll want to milk it as much as possible and then dub it for toonami. Which makes sense cause they want the want the series to gain as much hype as possible after it has aired.

1 hour ago, Naoto said:

Yeah I don't think they will simuldub it since they'll want to milk it as much as possible and then dub it for toonami. Which makes sense cause they want the want the series to gain as much hype as possible after it has aired.

They could still do a simuldub. In case you aren't aware, Funimation already has done at least 2 simuldubs on Toonami. The first was Space Dandy (which is being done the way Akiba's Trip the Animation was being done on the Funimation site for the first two episodes, but Space Dandy was on Toonami). Then, the second was Dimension W, which was the normal month to month and a half after the JP air date with airing dubbed episodes on Toonami. They are definitely capable of it, but it depends on if they can get the cast together  to do it or not. They are definitely capable of doing it, though.

i'm really excited for this but at the same time, i'm curious if it will live up to the hype, especially since a new director is involved

I'm really excited to see if they can keep up the quality and beautiful art from last time.

I can't wait for the amazing soundtrack, one of the main things that I liked about season 1

Same here. Wit Studio and Tetsuro Araki did a outstanding job with Season 1. Thought the dub turned out great too. Somehow, I managed to avoid all spoilers for Season 2. :D

I just hope it ends up looking as good as season 1 did once the blurays are out.

I'm beyond excited for this. Words cannot describe! xD

On 3/19/2017 at 0:06 PM, Skeletro said:

Same here. Wit Studio and Tetsuro Araki did a outstanding job with Season 1. Thought the dub turned out great too. Somehow, I managed to avoid all spoilers for Season 2. :D

You think they are going to dub this one too? I hope so.

3 hours ago, phatalx said:

You think they are going to dub this one too? I hope so.

You are referring to Season 2 of AoT, right? If so, the english dub starts on Toonami in the USA starting April 22 after they finish JoJo next week with the final 2 episodes.

Another season of Attack on Titan? YES!!!! I saw the first season and I hope the second season is going to be great as well.

Has it really been 4 years? I remember a long time ago AoT was overhyped by the CartoonNetwork crowds at work, I threw it into my queue, but only just watched it last summer.  How did everyone not go crazy waiting that long?

Right now Im Tivoing it, may binge the whole season if I can hold off...how is everyone enjoying it so far?

4 hours ago, GoofOff said:

Has it really been 4 years? I remember a long time ago AoT was overhyped by the CartoonNetwork crowds at work, I threw it into my queue, but only just watched it last summer.  How did everyone not go crazy waiting that long?

Right now Im Tivoing it, may binge the whole season if I can hold off...how is everyone enjoying it so far?

It's been 4 years since the sub, but only about 2 years since the dub, I htink.

Finally the second season is starting to get intense!

I seriously kept myself from reading the manga just so the big events that unfold in the anime would be a genuine surprise for me. Season 2 is going great so far!