Noham

Ripping from Amazon Video

On 17/11/2017 at 5:55 AM, anddilolz said:

The latest version of WVDownloader apparently supports downloading untouched streams from atleast Amazon, Hulu & Netflix.. Does anyone have even any of the earlier versions that supports older Amazon content and perhaps Netflix? Been looking for a reasonable method to get streams from Netflix & Amazon.

Edit: any other tips to download streams from specially Netflix are also welcome. Screencapping just doesnt seem like a reasonable method

Freegrabapp Netflix Downloader ou Flixgrab.

But the quality is not very good when it comes to movies and series, in animations is acceptable, the first program only produces files in 720p, the other can download videos in 1080p, but it does a reencode in the videos. This reencode needs to be improved because it produces many flaws in videos that are not animations.

• Like 1

Ah ripping from Amazon, what a pain in the butt.

Little rant:

Spoiler

There are people with a working tool but I am yet to meet one who isn't difficult to work with. The moment someone starts telling me what I do and do not know i'm not interested in listening to them even if they are right.

I'd try to buy it myself if I could be sure I wouldn't get scammed. Its not like I can't afford it though.

It sure would be nice if the people who had the tool weren't squandering its potential.

-

Then there's a tool called WVStream works with really old amazon videos, recently tried to get it to work with a newer one but doesn't work. Even if I can get WVStream to read the license it rejects it because it doesn't understand it.

Errors: "License not found" -> "License update not successful" (Who'd have thought WVStream can't beat the newest encryption, I for one am shocked) /s

-

I figured out Fiddler to auto respond with local mpd file to try and replace the audio5 with a higher quality one, but that didn't even work in the video player xD 

The only thing I could do with Fiddler is replace the mpd to force it to play the highest video bitrate at all times... I even wrote a small command prompt program to edit the xml for me but the problem with that is the video can be choppy in the browser so thats not viable and since you have to do it manually every time you get the idea that its a waste of time. Probably a way to have Fiddler edit it in real time. That'd be handy for just watching Amazon without the stepping up quality.

Here's the only reliable way that I've found to get a decent rip: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc

Smooth video playback, no need to mess with the mpd file to get the highest quality video because it just plays.

You have to record it as it plays though so its not the ideal way to do it.

Edited by EccentricOne
  • Like 2

On 30.1.2018 at 12:42 AM, AlvoErrado2 said:

Freegrabapp Netflix Downloader ou Flixgrab.

But the quality is not very good when it comes to movies and series, in animations is acceptable, the first program only produces files in 720p, the other can download videos in 1080p, but it does a reencode in the videos. This reencode needs to be improved because it produces many flaws in videos that are not animations.

Thank you so much for this! It seems to be by far the easiest option at the moment. From what I understood, like you also mentioned, the streams are indeed not untouched but re-encoded. The developers claim they will support downloading untouched streams in one month time though. I will definitely be on lookout for this. I tried downloading old finnish 480p TV Series and the quality is easily acceptable.

On 1.2.2018 at 1:00 PM, EccentricOne said:

Ah ripping from Amazon, what a pain in the butt.

Little rant:

Reveal hidden contents

There are people with a working tool but I am yet to meet one who isn't difficult to work with. The moment someone starts telling me what I do and do not know i'm not interested in listening to them even if they are right.

I'd try to buy it myself if I could be sure I wouldn't get scammed. Its not like I can't afford it though.

It sure would be nice if the people who had the tool weren't squandering its potential.

-

Then there's a tool called WVStream works with really old amazon videos, recently tried to get it to work with a newer one but doesn't work. Even if I can get WVStream to read the license it rejects it because it doesn't understand it.

Errors: "License not found" -> "License update not successful" (Who'd have thought WVStream can't beat the newest encryption, I for one am shocked) /s

-

I figured out Fiddler to auto respond with local mpd file to try and replace the audio5 with a higher quality one, but that didn't even work in the video player xD 

The only thing I could do with Fiddler is replace the mpd to force it to play the highest video bitrate at all times... I even wrote a small command prompt program to edit the xml for me but the problem with that is the video can be choppy in the browser so thats not viable and since you have to do it manually every time you get the idea that its a waste of time. Probably a way to have Fiddler edit it in real time. That'd be handy for just watching Amazon without the stepping up quality.

Here's the only reliable way that I've found to get a decent rip: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc

Smooth video playback, no need to mess with the mpd file to get the highest quality video because it just plays.

You have to record it as it plays though so its not the ideal way to do it.

Yes indeed, pain in the butt haha. Thanks for the tips!

• Like 2

It is a pain but I'd still rather do it that way than rely on people with an ego :P

You're welcome. I heard flixgrabs people are working on Amazon too, I hope so.

• Like 4

@EccentricOne What kinda kodi setup are you using, tried OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi 3 and the app just crashes.

Not sure if I messed up, or Amazon just broke the current Arm/Pi branch.

On 2017/11/17 at 4:55 PM, anddilolz said:

The latest version of WVDownloader apparently supports downloading untouched streams from atleast Amazon, Hulu & Netflix.. Does anyone have even any of the earlier versions that supports older Amazon content and perhaps Netflix? Been looking for a reasonable method to get streams from Netflix & Amazon.

Edit: any other tips to download streams from specially Netflix are also welcome. Screencapping just doesnt seem like a reasonable method

I think it is safe to confirm that even the leaked version of WVDownloader is no longer working now, even on old contents - Amazon USA seems to found a way to block all widevine2Challenge generated by WVDownloader v1.9.2 or v1.5.0.

Not tested on Hulu though, probably still works.

• Like 1