Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Noham

Ripping from Amazon Video

48 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, KILLAHOE said:

Try getting your hands on the tool that will dump the video to raw files .. but you'll have to encode it ;)

And what tool is that?

1 person likes this

So I used Video DownloadHelper (plugin) to download amazon's stream, which worked surprisingly (it was only a 720p video stream, no audio - but I'm sure it's streamed separate so it'll have to be downloaded separately). However, the stream was encrypted :(

Just putting this out there if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

5 hours ago, 720pTV said:

So I used Video DownloadHelper (plugin) to download amazon's stream, which worked surprisingly (it was only a 720p video stream, no audio - but I'm sure it's streamed separate so it'll have to be downloaded separately). However, the stream was encrypted :(

Just putting this out there if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

Download is not a problem once you get the mpd file successfully. If you actually take a look at it you'll figure out how to download the stream file. Decrypting is the hardest part.

BTW, strange thing,

say, I purchased episode 2 of some show long ago, and I can still rip it using wvstream atm

However, after I purchase episode 1 (of the same season) recently, I was surprised to find out that episode 1 is using the latest DRM, or as LightEssence said, the audio wasn't encrypted, which caused wvstream unable to parse the mpd file.

Anyone can share a working method ? I wasn't able to use it even for old show (X-Men Animated), US store and that I already purchased long time ago.
Getting the following

ERROR: Could not open / parse mpdURL

I saw it mentioned that some people might be able to still do direct rips, are there any known uploaders to do that to look out for? AMZN is amazing quality, especially the old untouched stuff.

If anyone on this website can still rip Amazon streams. I will pay the expenses for something I need ripped.